Meet the 2010 Recruits
Biographies on each of our newset Blue Hens
72 Hen, GoHens.net special correspondent
February 3, 2010
This year's class was a bit of a surprise because of it's size. This might mean that we're going to be losing some experienced players. The 2010 recruits will be ready to step up.
- Alpharetta High School/Alpharetta, GA
- QB/6’5"/215 lbs
- North Fulton All-Star team, Lead Fulton County in passing yards, Set High School single season passing record
- Recruited by: Kansas, Maryland, Miami-OH, Middle Tennessee State, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Southern, Central Michigan, Memphis
- Justin is a big strong athletic QB that we had in person on campus this summer. We love his intelligence, the way he throws the ball, and his natural feel for the game. With the addition of Trevor Sasek last year and now Justin this year we feel we have two young outstanding quarterbacks going into the 2010 season.
- Caravel Academy/Bear, DE
- DB/6"2’/180 lbs /40 yard dash- 4.5
- 1ST Team All State, 3 sport athlete
- Offers from: JMU, UNC
- Recruited by: Rutgers & WVU
- Very versatile local athlete that did an exceptional job as a RB in High School.
- Fletcher High School/ Neptune Beach Florida
- DE/6’2/ 242 lbs/ 40 yard dash- 4.7
- 2 time First Team all District, first coast all star team, Orlando Sentinel Newspaper - 10th ranked DE in the state of Florida
- Offers from: Maryland, Illinois, FAU, Missouri State
- Recruited by: Indiana, South Carolina, UNC
- Jamaul was a former linebacker that played DE this year, very physical and explosive player.
- Bethel High School/Hampton, VA
- WR/6’1"/160 lbs/40 yard dash- 4.5
- All District Honors in Virginia, 2 sport athlete
- Offers from: UMASS, ODU, Towson
- Recruited by: All CAA
- Stephen has very loose hips, great route runner, played for former Blue Hen standout Dominic Banks
- North Penn High School/North Wales, PA
- OL/6’3/285 lbs
- Selected to play in Big 33 game, 2nd Team All State, 1st Team All Southeast PA, 1ST Team All Conference
- Recruited by: CAA and Patriot League
- J.D. comes from a very strong High School program that typically produces several D1 prospects each year under HC Dick Beck. He gives us a lot of option being able to play any position on the OL.
- La Salle College HS/Pennsylvania
- TE/6’3/230 lbs/ 40 yard dash- 4.6
- MVP of State Championship Game
- Offers from: UNH ,Nova, Richmond, Temple, Akron
- Sam is very versatile football player, he was on the defensive board as a linebacker, we love his athleticism. The plan is to play him at TE but he could also big our big target WR.
- Montclair High School/ Montclair, NJ
- LB/6’0"/198 lbs
- Offers from: CAA schools
- 1st Team All- Essex County, 1st Team All –Area at safety
- Had 200 yards rushing in his final game as a senior
- Kyle had scholarship offers from the CAA schools to play safety, linebacker, wide receiver, and running back. Our offense had him on their board as a running back. Kyle gives us great athleticism at the linebacker position and the ability to play many different positions on the field.
- DeMatha Catholic H.S/Hyattsville, MD
- Center/6’3"/274 lbs
- First Team All- Washington D.C. Catholic Athletic Conference, Played on the #1 Rated team of the decade in the Maryland Area
- Offers from: UNH
- Recruited by: Ivy League & CAA
- Jake comes from a tremendous High School football program under HC Bill McGregor. Can play both center and guard. We can see him following in current Blue Hen and former DeMatha grad Rob McDowell’s footsteps.
- Fletcher High School/Neptune Beach Florida
- DB/ 5’10/175 lbs /40 yard dash - 4.4
- 1st Team All District, 2009 District Player of Year, First Coast Defensive Player of the Year, Super 24 All-Star Team (Northern Florida and Southern Georgia Area)
- 114 Tackles 18 TFLS 4 INTS, Blocked 5 kicks, 5 Defensive scores
- Offers from: FAU, William & Mary
- Recruited by: Tulane, Maryland, South Carolina
- Jake came to our one day camp last June and had a very impressive workout. We offered him a scholarship that day and he was one of our first commits.
- Gainesville High School/Gainesville, FL
- Athlete/6’2/205 lbs
- Suffered a season ending injury the spring before his senior year
- Junior Year: 20 rec., 415 yards, 5 TD’s
- Recruited by: Arkansas, Missouri State, Mississippi State, LSU
- Mike would have been a national recruit if he had not gotten hurt the spring of his Jr. year. He has great athleticism for someone of his size. He stands about 6’2 200 pounds. Rehab on his knee is going great. All of his doctors say he is ahead of schedule.
- Quince Orchard H.S/Gaithersburg, MD
- WR/6’3/210 lbs/40 yard dash - 4.6
- Selected to the Crab Bowl (Premier Maryland game)
- Offers from: UMass, Towson, New Mexico
- Karim was impressive in our one day camp, big long body that caught the ball very well and was smooth in his routes. He is a big target and has tremendous upside.
- Cumberland Regional High School/ Blackwood, NJ
- RB/ 5’11"/200 lbs
- We liked Andrew a lot last year coming out of high school unfortunately we were filled up at the running back spot but we talked to him about coming in as a "grey shirt". Andrew has taken a couple community college classes this fall to get ahead academically. I think Andrew gives us that big back for short yardage. Also, he is athletic enough to be an every down back and will compete this spring.
- Camden County High School/St. Marys, Georgia
- DE/6’3/210 lbs/ 40 yard dash: 4.6
- 1ST Team all region, Honorable Mention All- State
- 2008 Team 3rd in country, 2009 5th in country
- Offers from: Middle Tennessee, UAB
- Derrick is an athletic DE who will give us speed off the edge.
- St. Stephens & St. Agnes School/ Alexandria, Virginia
- DLine/6’4/245 lbs
- 1st Team All State both O & D, Versatile athlete who played both TE and DE in HS
- Offered by: Villanova
- Recruited by: Ivy League & CAA schools
- Laith has a great frame and can easily handle 270 pounds and will grow into an inside Defensive lineman for us.
- Caesar Rodney High School/Camden, DE
- RB / 5’9" /175 lbs /40 yard dash- 4.4
- 1st Team All-State, Rivals 3 Star Athlete
- Offers from: Rutgers, Stanford, and JMU
- Malcolm is an explosive athlete, he came to our one day workout and ran a 4.4 forty. He showed he can play both RB and slot receiver like current Blue Hen Phil Thaxton.