General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

Postby grizzlybluebird on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:11 pm

Not sure my current avatar is obvious to everyone so Im offering an explanation. The image is from Frank Frazetta's "Death Dealer" I have always admired Frazetta for his amazing art pitting muscle bound heroes including women against insurmountable odds. to go with my username what could be more grizzly than Frazetta's Death Dealer, I figured? The only tweak i made was to color the dragon on the shield blue instead of black. grizzly blue bird.
grizzlybluebird

UD Class: 1978

Re: Avatar Explained

Postby 93BlueHen on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:18 pm

Good stuff! There was a prominent poster (a Furman fan) who used to post on Championship Subdivision dot com whose screen name was Death Dealer, and I believe he had similar avatar.

Since we're on avatar meanings, mine means nothing. I just wanted a picture of Danny yelling. Then I was playing with the photo editor in Photobucket one day and found a fez and though it looked good on him. So that's why I have a screaming Danny Rocco wearing a fez.
93BlueHen

UD Class: 1993

Postby Caribbean Hen on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:15 pm

grizzlybluebird wrote:Not sure my current avatar is obvious to everyone so Im offering an explanation. The image is from Frank Frazetta's "Death Dealer" I have always admired Frazetta for his amazing art pitting muscle bound heroes including women against insurmountable odds. to go with my username what could be more grizzly than Frazetta's Death Dealer, I figured? The only tweak i made was to color the dragon on the shield blue instead of black. grizzly blue bird.

RIP Griz... I was doing some Lewes research today and happened across this sad news

http://www.capegazette.com/article/loui ... ive/150387

February 1, 2018
Louis "Skip" Bertrand, 61, passed away peacefully Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2018.

Born Oct. 13, 1956, in Beebe Hospital, he made a successful career as an R & D lab technician. An avid fisherman, UD football fan and lifelong servant of God, he enjoyed sports and dabbled in many artistic hobbies, including lure making, sculpting and much more.

He was preceded in death by his mother and father, Louis and Barbara Bertrand; and his brother Robert Weaver. He is survived by his children: Louis "Jake" Bertrand and his wife Heidi of Milton, and Amy Tyre and her husband Hunter of Millsboro; his beloved Cindy Manlove of Lincoln; his siblings: Barbara Lou Landon of Harbeson, Ruthie Bertrand of Camden, and Jay Reibsome of Greenwood; a host of cherished nieces and nephews; and many friends and colleagues.

Services will be private. Arrangements are being handled by Parsell Funeral Homes and Crematorium, Lewes.

Please visit Mr. Bertrand's Life Memorial Webpage and sign his online guestbook at http://www.parsellfuneralhomes.com.
I've noticed JMU and Nova fans don't seem to like Rocco, this is a good thing..
Caribbean Hen

UD Class: 2024

Postby HENJOHN on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Thanks for sharing Caribbean. I was wondering why we weren't seeing his posts. He was a huge Bluehen fan who had his own style. RIP Skip.
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby Caribbean Hen on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:53 pm

HJ, I think the one thing that everyone would agree on was griz was a very passionate Blue Hen fan!

We need more of them
I've noticed JMU and Nova fans don't seem to like Rocco, this is a good thing..
Caribbean Hen

UD Class: 2024

Postby UDForever on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:45 pm

Very sad to hear. And for sure, was very passionate.
UDForever

Postby Jaxhen on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:39 am

Sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with Griz and his family.
Jaxhen

Postby tenn hen on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:16 am

Every day is a blessing. RIP- we'll all miss u and your interesting posts here on gohens. :(
Carib -thanks for the info
carpe diem to us all.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

UD Class: 1967

Return to The Hen House