Men's LAX Recruiting

Discussion of Men's & Women's Lacrosse.

Men's LAX Recruiting

Postby HensRock on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:39 pm

I've been wanting to post about Men's Lax Recruiting for a while here.

I have a son who graduated HS last year and was a pretty fair lacrosse player. He did the Maryland club scene in summers and went to numerous tournaments and "Showcase" events. One thing that really struck me was that UD completely shunned these recruiting events. He went to camps at UD, but anywhere else we went - and we went to some big events with dozens of NCAA programs represented - UD had ZERO presence. We would see Navy, Towson, Syracuse, Maryland, Virginia, the list goes on... never Delaware. They just seemed content with running their own camps without getting exposure to more kids. I never understood why we never saw UD at these events. These High School kids are getting exposed to all of these other programs and you know the old saying... "Out of sight, out of mind!"

The sport is spreading. Hopefully our next head coach will explore these and other avenues to find talent.
Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day
which ones you'll have to eat!
HensRock
Site Admin

UD Class: 1985

Re: Men's LAX Recruiting

Postby wacko4flacco on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:18 pm

Lacrosse is a sleeping giant. The days of Maryland and Unc/Hopkins domination are over and some schools are making great strides and have leapt ahead of us. It starts with the coach and recruiting.

Ironically, we are geographically in an amazing place. The next coach could recruit from downington onto city ave in philly and in south jersey down to Maryland and field a top 10 team every year.

You hit on something Hensrock and it's not a recent phenomenon
Chrissi Rawak for President 2020
wacko4flacco

UD Class: 1990

Postby Baltimore Hen on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Since when has Rutgers been a lax power? UD has arguable regressed over the last 20 years. We have a beautiful campus. we are in the heart of the fertile lax grounds. There is no excuse not to succeed. You get the right guy in here that will go out to the big HS tournaments and club tournaments......with the resources at UD........we should see a team that should be perennially top 10.
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

UD Class: 0

Postby HensRock on Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:36 pm

P.S.
My son is playing club lax for Temple and LOVES it!
They actually have a pretty good team.
Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day
which ones you'll have to eat!
HensRock
Site Admin

UD Class: 1985

Return to Lacrosse