NCAA Lax National THread

Discussion of Men's & Women's Lacrosse.
Scott
UD Class: 0

Re: NCAA Lax National THread

Post by Scott » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:45 am

The Hens are #20 in the latest Inside Lacrosse Poll!

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/di/polls/19

Info Hound
UD Class: 1900

Post by Info Hound » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:25 pm

Scott wrote:The Hens are #20 in the latest Inside Lacrosse Poll!

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/di/polls/19

Thanks, Scott. Validating it this week vs. #14 Towson would be a good thing!

The game is in Delaware Stadium, prior the football spring game. A nice opportunity to check out the stadium renovation, as well.
#BlueHensRising 2019-2020 will be a year of measurable success: Football, M&W basketball, MSoccer, M&W Lacrosse, and more!

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:30 am

I spent a few minutes comparing the top 20 teams and their schedules from the link provided by Scott-thanks!, and I came to the conclusion that parity is quite evident throughout most of the teams.

Our biggest negative was the 3/2 loss to Villanova who is now ranked outside the top 20. Our team has been improving with each contest which is a good omen though the next two games will give us an answer as to where we belong. Our hammering of Hofstra looked impressive even with the faceoff fiasco and turnovers. I hope coach Deluca and staff can develop someone to possibly win 2/3s of the faceoffs by CAA tournament time or a strategy to attack their immediate possession. We just can't give up those free advantages and expect to come away from quality teams.

Just hope we keep up the mojo. I would hate to be let down after getting so encouraged-kinda like our football 2018 :( :x
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

Scott

Post by Scott » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:49 pm

tenn hen wrote:I spent a few minutes comparing the top 20 teams and their schedules from the link provided by Scott-thanks!, and I came to the conclusion that parity is quite evident throughout most of the teams.

Our biggest negative was the 3/2 loss to Villanova who is now ranked outside the top 20. Our team has been improving with each contest which is a good omen though the next two games will give us an answer as to where we belong. Our hammering of Hofstra looked impressive even with the faceoff fiasco and turnovers. I hope coach Deluca and staff can develop someone to possibly win 2/3s of the faceoffs by CAA tournament time or a strategy to attack their immediate possession. We just can't give up those free advantages and expect to come away from quality teams.

Just hope we keep up the mojo. I would hate to be let down after getting so encouraged-kinda like our football 2018 :( :x
Towson's Alex Woodall has won nearly 75% of his faceoffs this year so I am not counting on getting many if any faceoff wins on Saturday. The good news is that both teams play solid defense so there will not be all that many goals which will limit the number of faceoffs.

Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:09 am

While my opinion of our scheduling has not changed, it appears that DeLuca Is squeezing every ounce of talent of the players. I liked the DeLuca hire when it was announced, and in action we are seeing his talent as a coach. I expect the years to come will be better and better and eventually be competing for the upper talent in the midatlantic/NY region.....
In ROCCO I Trust!