John Grant Jr

Discussion of Men's & Women's Lacrosse.
dchen
UD Class: 1972

John Grant Jr

Post by dchen » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:54 am

I was amazed the Grant played into his 40s before he retired... and now this:

[i]Came out of retirement on May 25, 2019 and rejoined the Denver Outlaws.
2019: Named to the MLL All-Star Game for the fifth time in his career... Scored a goal on the Outlaws' first shot of the 2019 season and added an assist in the win at New York (5/31) after ending his two-year retirement to rejoin the team... Scored a goal in his second consecutive game to open the season at Atlanta (6/2)... Broke Major League Lacrosse's all-time scoring record (reg. and postseason) in a threepoint (1 goal, 2 assists) performance at Atlanta (6/8)... Recorded the record-breaking point on an assist to Brendan Kavanagh in the second quarter.... Scored four goals in the first half of the home-opening win vs. Dallas (6/27) and had a between-the-legs goal featured on ESPN's SportsCenter Top 10... Totaled five points (1 goal, 4 assists) for the second consecutive game in a win at Boston (6/29)... Recorded three points (2 goals, 1 assist) in a home win over Chesapeake (7/4).... Totaled two points (1 goal, 1 assist) in a home win vs. Atlanta (7/11)... Scored one goal and added two assists vs. Dallas (7/21)... Totaled three points (2 goals, 1 assist) vs. Boston (8/3)... Scored one goal and recorded two ground balls at Chesapeake (8/10)... Netted two goals at Dallas (8/17)... Broke MLL's regular-season career scoring record (Paul Rabil, 571 points) in a seven-point (2 goals, 5 assists) performance at home vs. New York (8/24).[/i]

All while being the OC at the Air force Academy.