UD Softball

Discussion of Other Blue Hen Sports and Blue Hen Athletics in General

UD Softball

Postby UDForever on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:25 pm

Seneca has signed some major talent in this class. When she committed two years ago, I didn’t think we’d keep her, but Kassidy Krupit has signed. Was a first team all American and had multiple SEC and PAC 12 offers. Also have the PA 5A player of the year coming in.

http://www.bluehens.com/ViewArticle.dbm ... =211677734
UDForever

Re: UD Softball

Postby BlueHenBill on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:34 pm

UDForever wrote:Seneca has signed some major talent in this class. When she committed two years ago, I didn’t think we’d keep her, but Kassidy Krupit has signed. Was a first team all American and had multiple SEC and PAC 12 offers. Also have the PA 5A player of the year coming in.

UD Forever, Any great additions to the team for 2018? A former boss of mine umps regional college softball games. A couple of weeks ago he umped some UD fall softball games and he told me that UD is going to be good this spring. Of course winning softball is all about pitching and except for Krupit, it doesn't appear the UD added much quality pitching for 2018 or 2019.
BlueHenBill

Postby bluehenbillk on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:50 pm

UDForever wrote:Seneca has signed some major talent in this class. When she committed two years ago, I didn’t think we’d keep her, but Kassidy Krupit has signed. Was a first team all American and had multiple SEC and PAC 12 offers. Also have the PA 5A player of the year coming in.

That's Class A - not 5A. A is the small schools.
Delaware Football 1889-2013
bluehenbillk

UD Class: 1991

Postby UDForever on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:54 pm

bluehenbillk wrote:

That's Class A - not 5A. A is the small schools.

It’s a misprint. They were 5A. Dropped down to 4A this year for sports I believe.

http://www.bluehens.com/ViewArticle.dbm ... =211677345
UDForever

Postby UDForever on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:26 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:

UD Forever, Any great additions to the team for 2018? A former boss of mine umps regional college softball games. A couple of weeks ago he umped some UD fall softball games and he told me that UD is going to be good this spring. Of course winning softball is all about pitching and except for Krupit, it doesn't appear the UD added much quality pitching for 2018 or 2019.

Boss was wrong, Bill. I imagine Seneca may not be here to see this class come in.
UDForever

Postby BlueHenBill on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:37 pm

UDForever wrote:
BlueHenBill wrote:

Boss was wrong, Bill. I imagine Seneca may not be here to see this class come in.

You are absolutely correct on both counts.
BlueHenBill

Postby BlueHenBill on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:37 pm

UDForever wrote:
BlueHenBill wrote:

You are absolutely correct on both counts.
BlueHenBill

Postby UDFootballFan on Tue May 29, 2018 3:54 pm

Seneca was let go today.

Per KT, "Not quite as mutual sounding as other recent changes in Blue Hen athletics." Sorry I don't have the link to the tweet but interesting to see where this stands
UDFootballFan

UD Class: 1900

Postby Henzone on Tue May 29, 2018 7:04 pm

Henzone

UD Class: 1970

Postby tenn hen on Wed May 30, 2018 9:17 am

read the article on the BlueHens.com before seeing the NJ article. I haven't followed softball for years probably since they not been successful at all, though I have seen the comments on our board about the need for a change. This termination seems appropriate based on the record here as hc. I did notice that Seneca had not coached at the collegiate level before being hired as an assistant and then being selected interim and then head coach within three years here.

Hopefully our next hire will have more collegiate head coaching experience with a successful record and make us competitive in the CAA. Ladies softball has become a highly publicized and televised sport in the spreading era of most college sports. We are always seeking attention to our sports programs since getting the UD logo in the social media in a positive way reinforces our allure for students and athletes.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

UD Class: 1967

Postby UDPat on Wed May 30, 2018 10:05 am

tenn hen wrote:read the article on the BlueHens.com before seeing the NJ article. I haven't followed softball for years probably since they not been successful at all, though I have seen the comments on our board about the need for a change. This termination seems appropriate based on the record here as hc. I did notice that Seneca had not coached at the collegiate level before being hired as an assistant and then being selected interim and then head coach within three years here.

Hopefully our next hire will have more collegiate head coaching experience with a successful record and make us competitive in the CAA. Ladies softball has become a highly publicized and televised sport in the spreading era of most college sports. We are always seeking attention to our sports programs since getting the UD logo in the social media in a positive way reinforces our allure for students and athletes.

Tenn, just be honest!

You haven't followed softball for years because it's softball!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
2018.....I already know I should have been named Richard
UDPat

Postby hens4life on Wed May 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Anyone know what we're paying former (fired) coaches?
#SaveThePeeWall
hens4life

UD Class: 0

Postby UDForever on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:32 pm

I love Chrissi, but is she going to let this entire summer recruiting season pass without making a hire?
UDForever

Postby UDFootballFan on Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:41 pm

UDForever wrote:I love Chrissi, but is she going to let this entire summer recruiting season pass without making a hire?

A hire announced today....my only question is why she is spending a year at one school and two at another before coming to UD.

https://bluehens.com/news/2018/7/30/jen ... coach.aspx
UDFootballFan

UD Class: 1900

Postby BlueHenBill on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:25 pm

UDFootballFan wrote:
UDForever wrote:I love Chrissi, but is she going to let this entire summer recruiting season pass without making a hire?

A hire announced today....my only question is why she is spending a year at one school and two at another before coming to UD.

https://bluehens.com/news/2018/7/30/jen ... coach.aspx

Well as indicated in the article, Steele's moves from Jacksonville, FL to Marshall to UD may have been largely motivated to get closer to her roots and recruiting base near DC. Maybe Steele moved from Jacksonville, FL to Marshall to get closer and either wasn't crazy about the Huntingdon, WVa area and/or Marshall itself after one year there and sees the UD area or program as a better lifestyle and/or opportunity. To those more knowledgeable about college softball, would I be correct in assuming that UD's recruiting probably took a major hit with no HC (and staff?) since the end of May until the end of July?
BlueHenBill

Next

Return to The Barnyard