2018 CAA FH Tourney

Discussion of Other Blue Hen Sports and Blue Hen Athletics in General

2018 CAA FH Tourney

Postby hens4life on Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:15 am

Starts today at 3:00 PM! #GoHens :D
#SaveThePeeWall
User avatar
hens4life
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:48 am
UD Class: 0

Re: 2018 CAA FH Tourney

Postby Pedromon on Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:12 pm

It is actually on now...started at 1:45. Hens up 2-1
Rodney C-Men Class of 82

Image
Pedromon
 
Posts: 2165
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:07 am
Location: Coatesville, PA

Re: 2018 CAA FH Tourney

Postby Pedromon on Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:11 pm

Kicking butt...up 8-1 with 13 minutes to go.
Rodney C-Men Class of 82

Image
Pedromon
 
Posts: 2165
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:07 am
Location: Coatesville, PA

Re: 2018 CAA FH Tourney

Postby pksundevil on Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:18 pm

8-1 final is astonishing. JMU isn’t that bad. UD will be no seed’s idea of an ideal matchup in the NCAAs.
pksundevil
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:54 am
UD Class: 1998

Re: 2018 CAA FH Tourney

Postby tenn hen on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:20 am

we smoked 'em and and added 2 more goals than last time. congrats! one more tomorrowfor another CAA championship and then the Big Dance. Rock(pun) on Ladies :D
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
User avatar
tenn hen
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: TN.
UD Class: 1967

Re: 2018 CAA FH Tourney

Postby finpxz1 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:59 pm

Ouch...lost in OT today 3-2 to Bill & Mary. Not sure if the ladies will secure an at-large bid...I'm assuming not.
finpxz1
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:08 am

Re: 2018 CAA FH Tourney

Postby pksundevil on Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:26 pm

finpxz1 wrote:Ouch...lost in OT today 3-2 to Bill & Mary. Not sure if the ladies will secure an at-large bid...I'm assuming not.


Based on the RPI and autobid landscape, probably the second or third team out.
pksundevil
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:54 am
UD Class: 1998

Re: 2018 CAA FH Tourney

Postby bluehenbillk on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:38 pm

Man that sucks - we lose at home in our flagship sport. I’m no FH guru but I don’t think they get an at-large with their record this season.
GO HENS!!
User avatar
bluehenbillk
 
Posts: 10949
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:52 am
Location: Home is where the heart is
UD Class: 1991

Re: 2018 CAA FH Tourney

Postby Heeper on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:21 pm

No NCAAA bid for the Blue Hens. W&M plays in 1 of the 2 play-in games and the winner gets top seeded, 19-0 UNC so the CAA must not have impressed this year.
Heeper
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: 2018 CAA FH Tourney

Postby pksundevil on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:24 pm

Heeper wrote:No NCAAA bid for the Blue Hens. W&M plays in 1 of the 2 play-in games and the winner gets top seeded, 19-0 UNC so the CAA must not have impressed this year.


W&M finished #27 in the RPI, so that's what they deserve. UD was #15 RPI but with 5 ACC and 5 Big Ten teams ahead of them, too many autobids were below UD to steal spots.
pksundevil
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:54 am
UD Class: 1998

Re: 2018 CAA FH Tourney

Postby Hengrad07 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:56 pm

pksundevil wrote:
Heeper wrote:No NCAAA bid for the Blue Hens. W&M plays in 1 of the 2 play-in games and the winner gets top seeded, 19-0 UNC so the CAA must not have impressed this year.


W&M finished #27 in the RPI, so that's what they deserve. UD was #15 RPI but with 5 ACC and 5 Big Ten teams ahead of them, too many autobids were below UD to steal spots.


NO respect of CAA Conference. #15 UD (12-6) beat # 13 UVA (8-8) 2-0 & were knocked out in 2nd round of ACC & #18 Wake Forest (9-8) both picked up At-Large Bids. (# = RPI's)
Hengrad07
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:10 pm
Location: Philly
UD Class: 2007

Re: 2018 CAA FH Tourney

Postby pksundevil on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:20 pm

Hengrad07 wrote:
pksundevil wrote:
Heeper wrote:No NCAAA bid for the Blue Hens. W&M plays in 1 of the 2 play-in games and the winner gets top seeded, 19-0 UNC so the CAA must not have impressed this year.


W&M finished #27 in the RPI, so that's what they deserve. UD was #15 RPI but with 5 ACC and 5 Big Ten teams ahead of them, too many autobids were below UD to steal spots.


NO respect of CAA Conference. #15 UD (12-6) beat # 13 UVA (8-8) 2-0 & were knocked out in 2nd round of ACC & #18 Wake Forest (9-8) both picked up At-Large Bids. (# = RPI's)


Wake ended at #13 RPI because they beat #3 Duke in the ACC tourney. UD finished at #16, UVA at #12. Virginia beat #2 Maryland during the season. UD had its chances- a 13-7 record in the CAA with a couple cupcakes on the schedule is not any better than 11-9 or 9-9 in the ACC. It's not as much disrespect as NCAA basketball- a 20-10 CAA basketball team would never sniff the NCAAs while a 17-14 ACC team is probably in. UD should have beaten W&M; Wake and UVA beat the Tribe. That might have been the difference.
pksundevil
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:54 am
UD Class: 1998

Re: 2018 CAA FH Tourney

Postby LetsGoHens on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:19 am

Overall tough season ending for the hens but they can’t be disappointed about not getting an at large big. They had multiple chance against teams who made the tournament and unfortunately couldn’t pull out those wins. Still an excellent staff and team and unfortunately an OT goal ends their run of championships
LetsGoHens
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:05 am
UD Class: 1993

Re: 2018 CAA FH Tourney

Postby hens4life on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:54 pm

The HC sat Greta Nauck on several occasions (not health related) & the Hens couldn't win without her..

There is always next year.
#SaveThePeeWall
User avatar
hens4life
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:48 am
UD Class: 0

Re: 2018 CAA FH Tourney

Postby BlueHenBill on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:45 pm

hens4life wrote:The HC sat Greta Nauck on several occasions (not health related) & the Hens couldn't win without her..

There is always next year.


So why did the HC sit UD's arguably best FH player on several occasions?
BlueHenBill
 
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:30 am


Return to The Barnyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests