2020 MLB and Phillies thread

Discussion of Other Blue Hen Sports and Blue Hen Athletics in General
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Athletics to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Re: 2020 MLB and Phillies thread

Post by Hens79 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:05 am

Every time I start to get a little excited about the Phillies, the bullpen shitz the bed. With their stating 8, well 7 as they don’t have a CF, and pretty good starters all they need is an average bullpen to get to the post season. Even with the trades, they don’t. How many of their 19 loses have been blown saves?

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:31 am

Just demoralizing for a team to watch the bullpen blow games, but blown saves happen for all teams just not as frequently .... I think Phils will bounce back

Harper after a great start is struggling again

Machado having a great year

Sixto Sanchez could be a really special pitcher, he's already
been lights out for the Marlins

But the Phillies have a catcher

Joe would be lighting this place up this morning.
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

Udforever1
UD Class: 1900

Post by Udforever1 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:37 am

Hens79 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:05 am
Every time I start to get a little excited about the Phillies, the bullpen shitz the bed. With their stating 8, well 7 as they don’t have a CF, and pretty good starters all they need is an average bullpen to get to the post season. Even with the trades, they don’t. How many of their 19 loses have been blown saves?
It’s embarrassing. Even more embarrassing that Klentak has tried to justify injuries and having months off with Covid. News flash Matt, so has every other team.

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:07 pm

Bohm is so good at the plate...natural hitter

Harper should take notes

Haseley with a few nice games at plate now, be nice too see him keep hitting
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:48 am

I called the Marlins pesky

they might be better than pesky

Braves and the rag tag starting pitching better take note

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:54 am

Ben Davis accused the Phillies of "Quitting' yesterday in the Post Game show. As a former poster used to say, "SLOP".
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:41 am

I have quietly tried to stay optimistic, oh well.

Have not been able to get back to sports as I thought I would.

Sixers crap the bed, but I wasn't surprised.
Flyers disappointing finish
Eagles, don't get me started
Phillies...I don't know what to say

Well the winner in all this?? My back porch. Screens were ripped and old, exterior trim was showing some rot and a paint job wouldn't hurt.

No more: All screens and exterior trim was removed and replaced and the entire porch was painted inside and out. Had a little help, but did it all while on vacation last week. Pretty proud of myself, I don't consider myself the most handy person in thew world.

Also, if you got a lot of old heavy junk around the house, which we DID, highly recommend 1800-GOT-JUNK. They charge by the space you fill on their truck. They give you an estimate and decide yes or no. We had multiple bedroom furniture, old big TV's(Trinitron) , refrigerator and old book cases. You point to it and it disappears. I priced renting a dumpster and doing all the heavy lifting myself, it was worth the extra expense. They worked hard and they did a very good job. Respectful of the house and property.

Starting to declutter !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The more I think about it, the more I am really thinking of "opting" out of this seasons Hen Hoops, esp if no penalty of 2021-22.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:03 am

UD Pat

I heard the Phillies and called the one 800 junk number but they refused to come over to the park. Haha

Besides, Harpers bat has been in cold storage for years now

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:31 am

Phils bounce back with old man Jake Arreita getting it done

All big games now

Marlins shut down by the Redsox big righty making MLB debut

Phils only 1/2 game out of second place

Three teams fighting for the final 2 wild-card spots
Phils
Giants - a sneaky good team
Reds Who are suddenly red hot

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:09 am

Much needed win Caribe. Phils outhit 11-6 but win 4-1. Odd. Is Arietta OK?
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 am

HENJOHN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:09 am
I don’t think he’s well John, every time I look into those shark like dark eyes I see Charles Manson. 😂

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:09 pm

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 am
HENJOHN wrote:
I don’t think he’s well John, every time I look into those shark like dark eyes I see Charles Manson. 😂
I think He's referring to the hammy that was slightly injured last night. Heard Ariatta say he won't miss any starts. We'll see?
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:42 pm

UDPat wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:09 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 am
HENJOHN wrote:
I think He's referring to the hammy that was slightly injured last night. Heard Ariatta say he won't miss any starts. We'll see?
Yea Pat, I was Trying to make a joke

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:19 am

Yet another Bullpen meltdown. A 4-0 lead lost. Ouch.

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:50 am

The Fat Lady is about to sing. Only hope for the Phillies is beat the Nats tonight and hope the Rays rest up for the playoffs this weekend and the Phillies sweep them. Even with that, a couple of other teams need to lose most of their remaining games.

The bullpen is the obvious glaring hole, but the hitting hasn’t been good lately. And so many players under performed including Harper with 11 HR and only 28 rbis and hitting .247. And Kingery at .153 played himself out of the lineup and maybe even out of the majors soon. He just can’t hit. But Bohm could be a star in the making. I haven’t seen any holes in his swing but I haven’t been watching that closely.

What a mess. If they can’t get in the post season when more than half the teams make it, something is wrong. Oh well .... I didn’t watch nearly as much as I usually do. Same for the NFL. And not watching college football at all. I have gotten use to less sports. I will see how appealing winter/spring football is for UD, if they actually play. I haven’t missed it so far.