Kevin Noonan's Take on UD's Plans

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.

Kevin Noonan's Take on UD's Plans

Postby BlueHenBill on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:29 pm

Here is a link to Kevin Noonan's take on UD's plans -

http://townsquaredelaware.com/2017/11/1 ... t-century/
BlueHenBill

Re: Kevin Noonan's Take on UD's Plans

Postby Maineroad on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Unless there are structural issues (and there may well be), I don't know why the West Stands would need to come down to accomplish what they seem to want to accomplish.
Maineroad

Postby Gannonfan on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:23 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:Here is a link to Kevin Noonan's take on UD's plans -

Is Henzone's real name William Stackhouse? The guy who jumped on that article in the comments section right away to rip KC (and it was strange that Noonan went very pro-KC in that article - for an article about the new facilities it seemed strange to bring up the former coach that much) seemed a lot like our resident curmudgeon when it comes to all things KC, even down to the inaccurate statements (the comment about there being no FCS schools to compete against and 20 new transfers a year).
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gannonfan

UD Class: 1995

Postby grizzlybluebird on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Gannonfan wrote:

Is Henzone's real name William Stackhouse? The guy who jumped on that article in the comments section right away to rip KC (and it was strange that Noonan went very pro-KC in that article - for an article about the new facilities it seemed strange to bring up the former coach that much) seemed a lot like our resident curmudgeon when it comes to all things KC, even down to the inaccurate statements (the comment about there being no FCS schools to compete against and 20 new transfers a year).

Most gh members have no clue what really happened when KC was fired but trust me it was purely political. Anyone can say what they want but none of their personal gripes have anything to do with KC leaving.
grizzlybluebird

UD Class: 1978

Postby 77HEN on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Maineroad wrote:Unless there are structural issues (and there may well be), I don't know why the West Stands would need to come down to accomplish what they seem to want to accomplish.

Agreed, it seems the WAC and structure for the high $$ fan club and press box could be built separately and butted up behind the current stands. The seat backs are nice but would seem not so good a trade off for the cost to build an entire new west stand.
77HEN

UD Class: 1981

Postby jd of de on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:55 pm

grizzlybluebird wrote:
Gannonfan wrote:

Most gh members have no clue what really happened when KC was fired but trust me it was purely political. Anyone can say what they want but none of their personal gripes have anything to do with KC leaving.

5-27
2015 Prediction - The end of declining avg attendance.
2014 (15,682) 2015 (15,826) +144 2016 (16,478) +652
2017 Prediction 17,xxx ... Actual 2017 (16,648) +170
jd of de

UD Class: 0

Postby Info Hound on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:24 pm

Yup, JD, it was time for KC to go, just as it was DB's time to go.

At the time, I wanted both to go, but was equally surprised when both went.

Results matter.
The end of failure in 2017! Finally!
Info Hound

UD Class: 1900

Postby Henzone on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:30 pm

Perhaps Mr Noonan should check in with the Sammy message board ......

" I have it on good authority that Keeler is at a rift with our current AD/President over a number of pending issues. The feel within the department is that this will be his last season as a Bearkat. One can only hope that the sides mend the fences and not let this spill over into this year's playoff run." .... Bearkat Message Board

:lol:
Last edited by Henzone on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henzone

UD Class: 1970

Postby UD '01 grad on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:33 pm

Tennessee and Florida need coaches.
(Joking)
UD '01 grad

UD Class: 2001

Postby HENJOHN on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:51 pm

So will Georgia Southern......
Let's once again play the hard, physical, dominating football that we have been known for.
HENJOHN

Postby Cluck U on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Anyone notice Henzone editing and removing his own silly posts?

Funny thing...and someone can copy this post so that Henzone can see...there are people involved with UD football and the university that wonder whether some folks on here (and their screen names are known), and their personality traits displayed on here and elsewhere, are actually a negative for Blue Hen football.

Yup.

FACT.

Bitter, passive aggressive (and less passive than aggressive in Henzone's case) personalities come with a cost.

Some folks on here should check themselves and their egos. Your money and input is being accepted, but not necessarily as well as you think.
UD football needs a passer, not a walker.
Cluck U

Postby Hens79 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:07 pm

Info Hound wrote:Yup, JD, it was time for KC to go, just as it was DB's time to go.

At the time, I wanted both to go, but was equally surprised when both went.

Results matter.

Looks like Noonan's article, talking up KC and not mentioning you-know-who hit a nerve with some folks.

Yeah sure it was 5-27 that did it. LOL I thought some folks were telling us it was GPA, class attendance, APR etc ...???? You know, the prongs that required rebuilding. Oh, that was the lie told by the now fired in disgrace AD and repeated by the gullible, happy someone in the AD knows my name crew.

No one gets fired mostly for results at UD when those results are 7-4 and 6-6 coming off a national championship game season. And funny, that fired AD who did the firing didn't even mention "results' when he did the firing. Now you do get fired when you have historic back-to-back 4-7 seasons at UD in the watered down FCS and CAA.

Now back to focusing on 2017 and Rocco digging the team out of the hole the last crew left behind.

And just as I am typing this I see HZ has chipped in. The trifecta is complete. I am not surprised.
Hens79

Postby Info Hound on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:21 pm

I agree that we are definitely in a much better place now, for a lot of reasons.
The end of failure in 2017! Finally!
Info Hound

UD Class: 1900

Postby grizzlybluebird on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:42 pm

I have just about had it with the negative push against KC Keeler, former NT Bluehen player and more recently former NT Head Coach of the Bluehens. Its one thing to be disgusted with a man that couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag and helped lower the program to new levels of underachievement - that's common sense. But to add nothing but hate and negative feedback on KC Keeler is disgusting. I wish Sean would swing the blade on this and cut out the rancid flesh at gh. The man is going to the college football coaching hall of fame and certainly his time at UD was premo in spite of some losing seasons. He got us to the dance 3 times and won it once as Head Coach - sorry but this garbage has to stop. If SHSU is stupid enough to let KC Keeler go he'll bounce right back and win somewhere else and I'll cheer him and his new team all the way. There's plenty of room in my blue and gold heart to cheer the Hens and KC Keeler and company to victory any day of the week.
grizzlybluebird

UD Class: 1978

Postby HENJOHN on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:50 pm

I liked KC and knew him some personally. I wish he could have finished his career in Newark but for a variety of reasons it was time for him to move on. Much of the problem may not have been his fault but he landed nicely on his feet at SHS. Went up to say Hi when they played a game and beat Villanova and he seemed real happy and even had Blue on. Most of us appreciate what he did as a player and as a Coach and are sure if SHS let's him go he will get more opportunities (ie Ga Southern)
Let's once again play the hard, physical, dominating football that we have been known for.
HENJOHN

Next

Return to The Roost