Darius Wade

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.

Darius Wade

Postby UDForever on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:20 pm

Official per his Twitter. Welcome aboard!
UDForever

Re: Darius Wade

Postby allteamball on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:27 pm

Welcome home Darius! Now we got a legit QB!
allteamball

UD Class: 1992

Postby finpxz1 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:36 pm

About time...welcome Darius!!!
finpxz1

Postby frHENSzy on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:43 pm

I believe we will be watching a Thanksgiving weekend playoff game my friends. Hip hip hooray!
frHENSzy

Postby Maddog@76 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:54 pm

Thank you Darius. Welcome home and stay healthy. I will start saving for Frisco (or wherever) “trips” (Henderson the following year) Wayne Hanby Go Hens!
Maddog@76

UD Class: 1976

Postby hens4life on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Darius Wade

@Therealdwade4
1h1 hour ago
More
I’m very happy to announce that I will be staying home and playing my last year of college…

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd5hzM0FXsO/
#SaveThePeeWall
hens4life

UD Class: 0

Postby Caribbean Hen on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:32 pm

OK great this is a good start

let's not stop now load the bus

maybe Wade can bring a wide receiver with him or a DL
Caribbean Hen

UD Class: 2024

Postby tubby on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Great news.Perfect fit for our team. Good,local,and talented QB who is a mentor for Henderson to take over afterwards.Will Knight next?
tubby

UD Class: 1972

Postby Henzone on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:41 pm

Caribbean Hen wrote:OK great this is a good start

Joe Walker is the new transfer WR. I'm not hearing any interest whatsoever in adding any more then we already have at WR. The DL the Hens's are pursuing just got an offer from Kansas. ugh !
Henzone

UD Class: 1970

Postby Henny on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Wade is a bright, mature guy who will provide some much needed leadership for the offense.

He's a good passer on the run and will make plays.

This is definitely an upgrade to the QB position and the offense!
"You gotta win to get love. I mean, that's just life" (Ricky Bobby)
Henny

UD Class: 1985

Postby Caribbean Hen on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Henzone wrote:

Joe Walker is the new transfer WR. I'm not hearing any interest whatsoever in adding any more then we already have at WR. The DL the Hens's are pursuing just got an offer from Kansas. ugh !

How many of our Freshman trio burned red shirts ?

I know Coleman did

What about Pitts ? And the one handed catch kid from practice
Caribbean Hen

UD Class: 2024

Postby Henzone on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:54 pm

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Henzone wrote:

How many of our Freshman trio burned red shirts ?

I know Coleman did

What about Pitts ? And the one handed catch kid from practice

The roster upgrade on the UD site has been started but is not completely accurate. With Scott leaving yesterday it might take a while to get it moving again.
Henzone

UD Class: 1970

Postby pksundevil on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Huge get. Already had our family’s hotel and flights to fargo and now this gives me hope we might actually be competitive.
pksundevil

UD Class: 1998

Postby Cluck U on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Good job, Rocco!

Both Rocco and Brock made the same mistake by not getting us a quality QB. However, the big difference between Rocco and Brock:

Brock brought in a not-so-sought-after transfer, stuck with Walker, and then didn't let anyone else play any meaningful minutes.

Rocco brought in a not-so-sought-after transfer, stuck with Walker, but finally saw what everyone else knew was obvious, and made a change at QB. Bonus...Rocco then decided that he definitely needed yet another upgrade.

I hold Rocco responsible for failing to bring in a real QB last year, and for being stubborn by staying with Walker for several games, but I will give Rocco credit for realizing that status quo was not good enough.

Now, let's keep, as someone else said, loading up the bus. And let's stop the excuses and change the O and get more aggressive on D (joe...please stop by Rocco's office and give him some advice).

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...repeat after me...OL...OL...OL...OL.

Looking forward to 2018 UD football...and the playoffs! Make it happen, Rocco!
Tubby, 1983-1993: 76-49, 2 losing seasons, 5 playoffs, 2 early first round exits, 2 quarters exits and a semifinal loss.

Keeler, 2002-2012: 86-52, 3 losing seasons, 4 playoffs, a quarters exit, 2 championship game losses, 1 national title.
Cluck U

Postby joe c on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Cluck a move like this would have probably got us a playoff birth last season.. I also believe not doing so was a major mistake. However we still have a need for improved O line play.
Now the staff must figure out, Is the help already here or do we need to get help via transfer...Make no mistake help is needed. We need more speed in back field.. Is it Lee or is more help needed? We certainly didn't comb the brushes for a transfer QB.. i knew in September Wade was coming as was told to me by another poster at BJ's....He guaranteed it, 100%....A 1 year guy is what we need...

Ok Cluck I would love to stop by Rocco's office but I think we would talk about Offense..lol.. Maybe I am wrong but I believe we play so conservatively on defense because our offense is so putrid.. Lets face it is rancid and archaic.. We play conservatively on defense because we are so bad offensively we are afraid to take take chances...We take no risks because of this.. We must open up, play w some semblance of Tempo...I believe and at least hope so with more talent, speed and athleticism we will introduce an actual scheme. What I saw last year was a disgrace.

Opens up some interesting formations w Walker as a destructive weapon...
We have ourselves an Upgrade but nothing special Cluck... \We need more....
joe c

Next

Return to The Roost