Shrinking Student Attendance @ NDSU

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.

Shrinking Student Attendance @ NDSU

Postby Henzone on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:49 am

Henzone

UD Class: 1970

Re: Shrinking Student Attendance @ NDSU

Postby Maddog@76 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:01 pm

I would imagine this is a reality with the large majority of football programs- at any level! Just the reality of the times. The “what do I get for free” mentality of today’s society- especially the “me” younger generation. Wayne Hanby
Maddog@76

UD Class: 1976

Postby ColoradoHen on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:08 pm

I looked online for available tickets for the UD/NDSU game and the only seats shown on each of several ticket websites were end zone and far corner seats; not much to choose from and ran from about $130 to $350 a seat in those two areas. Has anyone else searched for tickets? Anyone have an idea of what the best ticket source will be for those planning on going? How many tickets will the UD ticket office get and do you have to pick them up in Newark or will they mail?
ColoradoHen

UD Class: 1977

Postby jd of de on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:58 am

ColoradoHen wrote:I looked online for available tickets for the UD/NDSU game and the only seats shown on each of several ticket websites were end zone and far corner seats; not much to choose from and ran from about $130 to $350 a seat in those two areas. Has anyone else searched for tickets? Anyone have an idea of what the best ticket source will be for those planning on going? How many tickets will the UD ticket office get and do you have to pick them up in Newark or will they mail?

Tickets from the UD ticket office for away games have always been mailed in the past.

It will be a tough ticket; we are their Homecoming weekend and they do not do a Parents & Family weekend. Plenty of non-football fans or one game a year types will be looking for tickets.
jd of de

UD Class: 0

Postby jd of de on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:17 am

Henzone wrote:https://www.westfargopioneer.com/sports/football/4430092-ndsu-reduces-student-seats-adds-more-season-tickets-football-games

Shrinking student seating and / or adding a premium seating experience are both college football trends that won't be going away.

NDSU students had a seating capacity of about 4,000. Generally, students have filled those seats early in the season, but attendance has waned later in October and November.

“What we’ve seen is a pretty dramatic reduction after the first two games,” Larsen said.

He said there are games when less than 2,500 of the 4,000 student tickets were being used and that continued throughout the FCS playoffs. Postseason tickets for students cost $5.

Sounds familiar? And this May's graduating class has experienced 3 NC's and a 54-6 record.
jd of de

UD Class: 0

Postby UD '01 grad on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:20 am

Anonymous NDSU student: "If the games started at noon, I'd definitely go."
UD '01 grad

UD Class: 2001

Return to The Roost