Transfers

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.

Transfers

Postby UDFootballFan on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:07 pm

K Tres just tweeted that Frank Burtons brother, Zachariah, is joining UD. He transfers from UVA.

He was recruited and redshirted in 2017 as CB, switched to WR in 2018 but didn't play.
UDFootballFan

UD Class: 1900

Re: Transfers

Postby Henzone on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:11 pm

UDFootballFan wrote:K Tres just tweeted that Frank Burtons brother, Zachariah, is joining UD. He transfers from UVA.

He was recruited and redshirted in 2017 as CB, switched to WR in 2018 but didn't play.

Great pickup but Riah's been a given for some time. We've missed a couple of OL's in the last couple of days who have committed elsewhere. More on the table .
Last edited by Henzone on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henzone

UD Class: 1970

Postby UDFootballFan on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Henzone wrote:
UDFootballFan wrote:K Tres just tweeted that Frank Burtons brother, Zachariah, is joining UD. He transfers from UVA.

Great pickup but that's been a given for some time. We've missed a couple of OL's in the last couple of days who have committed elsewhere. More on the table .

I asked if we have anyone else...winter classes have started so might see some more enroll now.
UDFootballFan

Postby joe c on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:58 pm

You will see more UD....It won't be Hurts...lol....What a great pick up that comes from outstanding stock...I see a safety in Burton... Staff may have other ideas... Building a team one block at a time.... Now I am dreaming about a stud RB w breakaway speed...
joe c

Postby UDFootballFan on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:14 pm

joe c wrote:You will see more UD....It won't be Hurts...lol....What a great pick up that comes from outstanding stock...I see a safety in Burton... Staff may have other ideas... Building a team one block at a time.... Now I am dreaming about a stud RB w breakaway speed...

Hell Joe since we cant get hurts, can we go after Tate Martell from Ohio State?

Seriously though, could Burton fill in the roll Buck Jones played this past year?
UDFootballFan

Postby joe c on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Mr UD we don't need a QB..I believe we have the hard part covered..I truly do...In a minor bowl game at halftime in which one teams QB was killing the other team w their running QB,,,,Jessie Palmer said at half time "If you have speed at QB you are a Defensive Coordinator's nightmare".....

There sure are some good Qb's out there.... Hurts.Winbush, Martell and more to come....Some interesting kid bits I have picked is that Florida St under new OC Briles have become very attractive to Martell and other transfers.QB's would love to play under his system...UCLA is another team under Kelly that has become attractive....

I would like a RB for us....the most....We need some help...We just got some....But we have the hard part....
joe c

Postby UDFootballFan on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:41 pm

joe c wrote:Mr UD we don't need a QB..I believe we have the hard part covered..I truly do...In a minor bowl game at halftime in which one teams QB was killing the other team w their running QB,,,,Jessie Palmer said at half time "If you have speed at QB you are a Defensive Coordinator's nightmare".....

There sure are some good Qb's out there.... Hurts.Winbush, Martell and more to come....Some interesting kid bits I have picked is that Florida St under new OC Briles have become very attractive to Martell and other transfers.QB's would love to play under his system...UCLA is another team under Kelly that has become attractive....

I would like a RB for us....the most....We need some help...We just got some....But we have the hard part....

I would love to see Tate come to UD but that's a reach...far far reach. I do like the kids we have especially if we get some meat on Henderson.

RB and WR are the upgrades I want to see. A WR with great hands who can stretch the field vertically.
UDFootballFan

Postby joe c on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:21 pm

As for RB'S sometimes dreams come true...
joe c

Postby Caribbean Hen on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:11 pm

joe c wrote:As for RB'S sometimes dreams come true...

like the one down at Old Dominion Joe? I know HJ would drive down there and bring him back himself if he wanted to come back to Newark..... :D

Bring em all! We need a talent infusion...

I have always been a skill position guy, but it has slowly dawned on me and especially after watching the way the North Dakota State OL totally controlled our DL this year and everyone else really, that Iám now a fan of 2 to 3 big boys upfront to protect the QB and just make the opposition miserable...... bring on the Nasty Hogs......

Coaching, player development and saying all the right things will only get us so far, talent will solve a lot of our problems and we just don't have enough right now
Caribbean Hen

UD Class: 2024

Postby Henzone on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:40 pm

Carrib- We'll never have enough talent to satisfy you. Keep your eye on our new transfer CB. I think he'll be in the starting lineup against the Hornets.
Henzone

Postby BlueHenBill on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:41 pm

Henzone wrote:

Great pickup but Riah's been a given for some time. We've missed a couple of OL's in the last couple of days who have committed elsewhere. More on the table .

Henzone, Names please. HS seniors, JUCOs, and/or transfers? No open UD offers to any OL are currently shown on the Recruiting Board. Two OL verballed. Assuming that UD is looking to use more schollies this year on the OL, maybe UD is targeting transfers?
BlueHenBill

Postby joe c on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:16 pm

Caribbean Hen wrote:

like the one down at Old Dominion Joe? I know HJ would drive down there and bring him back himself if he wanted to come back to Newark..... :D

I have always been a skill position guy, but it has slowly dawned on me and especially after watching the way the North Dakota State OL totally controlled our DL this year and everyone else really, that Iám now a fan of 2 to 3 big boys upfront to protect the QB and just make the opposition miserable...... bring on the Nasty Hogs......

Coaching, player development and saying all the right things will only get us so far, talent will solve a lot of our problems and we just don't have enough right now
joe c

Postby Henzone on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:23 pm

BHB-

The potential OL transfers we just missed out on selected YSU & EKU over the Hens. A WR selected Richmond. I need not list the ones that got away. More in the lake and we are still fishing.

Burton was an excellent pickup I'm told. Hopefully the others will be as good and the positions of interest have already been discussed on here but are not in stone.

HS kids are on campus as we speak. OV Weekend!! Official Visit.
Henzone

Postby joe c on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:31 pm

Caribbean Hen wrote:

It is as simple as that C...We are on the right path...I posted that Dakota's O line butters their bread....They toyed w us like a little brother....We finished 107th in total offense... We were an offense that got worse as the year wore on...What impresses me is Rocco did something about it....His 2 hires are brilliant... It will take time for the new offense to gel... I am very excited to watch it evolve..
joe c

Postby HENJOHN on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:56 pm

Caribbean - my friend, I am on I-95 South right now on my way to do what you suggested!! :-)
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Next

Return to The Roost