Hens All Access - FLO Sports

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Hens All Access - FLO Sports

Post by 77HEN » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Brad,

I could have sworn you said you would start a thread for input from those watching the FLO Sports online broadcast of the Albany game. I went back to look for your comment in the Albany Game Thread and see you edited that comment / removed all text from it Saturday night.

Thought, I would initiate the thread that you suggested. We don't want any more disappointments beyond the numerous ones we have already about the FB team results, construction results, etc.

Thanks

Please take some input:
Not sure what happened with the audio for a large part of the broadcast - power outage, I believe was said.
Please try to avoid having the volume increase so tremendously when commercials come on. That pounding State Parks ad keeps trying to blow my speakers out.
Can we get replays from a static start. All replays begin with the play already set in motion. I have never seen this in any other FB broadcasts.

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Re: Hens All Access - FLO Sports

Post by tenn hen » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:32 am

good for you 77 :roll: I remember when things seemed to roll along from our SID -SS. :D I wasn't shocked when there was no posting on this issue. UD just doesn't hack it as so many other schools have really ramped up their speed and reaction to donors demands- Drain the swamp- it's overflowing. Sorry, it's just the frustration. :shock:

One things that pisses me off is when Flo stinks in a commercial and we miss a play or whatever- maybe even a TD. :x :x
another is the constant ad that appears as they are about to show a replay-dumb and irritating. I personally liked the period when we heard the crowd and the PA guy and the Hen's cackle/bell rings much more than our nonstop commentary by the announcers. I find myself muting (after each play) announcers on tons of sporting events these days because of the incessant hype.

Overall Flo is OK. I liked our previous UD viewing. If UD thinks they will sell more tickets, I think they are wrong. Theoretically, allowing viewers to watch games will in the long run sell more tickets due to the exposure, but only if the product is exciting and competent. The 96 dollars for Flo is no big deal. Selling more tickets-Football=no Basketball=yes so far. We will see if the women kick into gear, though I was shocked to not see E and D on the floor. It's been a year, and you would expect they would be fully recovered and raring to go. Hopefully tonight !
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:29 pm

Crickets. I guess we will see on Saturday. Just don't understand organizations that don't bust their butts to delight their customers. Please begin replays from the snap and tone down the commercials.

'58hen
UD Class: 1958

Post by '58hen » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:30 pm

I just canceled my monthly flo football subscription which will end Nov 28th as I don’t expect any playoff games. Maybe next year.

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:20 am

Safe bet.

Info Hound

Post by Info Hound » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:48 am

Speaking only for myself, I have no problem with FloSports. Of course, I attend the UD football games, so I cannot speak to the live home productions.
I have watched the MBB home opener and a FH game, and it worked fine, as it does for non-UD CAA basketball. I am definitely going to enjoy our basketball season with it.
It's great for switching between live games. In my mind it's better than streaming ESPN+.

That's just my experience.

cougarpines1
UD Class: 0

Post by cougarpines1 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:06 am

I found the quality of the broadcast varies with each game. I believe the UNH game didn't have any in stadium audio. The volume difference between the game broadcast ( must term the volume up) and the commercials ( extremely loud) is annoying. Need to pay attention and mute the commercials or get blown out of the room.On a scale of 10 I would rate it a 5. I feel the local college broadcasts last year, when available, were of a better quality.
Never try and teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:04 am

It was a little frustrating watching the camera man zoom in on the football on thrown passes .... you can’t see what’s going on on the field

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:03 am

Realizing that Brad may not monitor GoHens all the time ( :D ), I did PM him but unfortunately my message is stuck in the outbox. Can anyone teach me how to get messages out of the outbox? It seems they just reside there and eventually release on a random, unknown basis.

HensRock
Site Admin
UD Class: 1985

Post by HensRock » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:49 pm

77HEN wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:03 am
Realizing that Brad may not monitor GoHens all the time ( :D ), I did PM him but unfortunately my message is stuck in the outbox. Can anyone teach me how to get messages out of the outbox? It seems they just reside there and eventually release on a random, unknown basis.
They sit in your outbox until the recipient opens them.
Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day
which ones you'll have to eat!

jl1968

Post by jl1968 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:53 pm

The sound is still very bad had to turn up to 100% just to barely hear it!

cougarpines1
UD Class: 0

Post by cougarpines1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:49 am

jl1968 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:53 pm
The sound is still very bad had to turn up to 100% just to barely hear it!
Same here
Never try and teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

HensAllAccess
UD Class: 2000

Post by HensAllAccess » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:26 am

All,

Thank you for your comments regarding FLO Sports and Hens All-Access. I would like to address a few points:
-We will re-encode all commercials to normalize the audio, so your speakers don't blow out
- Replays are sponsored in stadium/arena and therefore include sponsor logo
- FLO commercials - we have no control over when FLOSports decides to drop a commercial into the stream, that is completely on their end.

We appreciate the passion our fans have and want to deliver the best possible product.
--
Brad
Director of Broadcast | Hens All-Access
Delaware Athletics
www.bluehens.com

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:28 pm

so it is acceptable to UD to miss plays when FLO decides to throw in a commercial?? I can't ever remember in the past years when we missed plays as often as this year.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:14 pm

I only use it for hoops but I have had ZERO issues to date.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!