Live Construction Footage

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
rooneyguy
UD Class: 1988

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by rooneyguy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:04 am

Henny wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:00 am
The original completion date was said to be Summer 2020.

It would be a real plus to have it ready for the pre season and for the team take full advantage when they report in August.
On any calendar, August is still summer. How nic-picky do you want to be? The UD football program has bigger issues than this.

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:18 am

I wasn't aware of the other issues..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nit Picky? Serious?
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

93BlueHen
UD Class: 1993

Post by 93BlueHen » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:10 am

Camera #2 doesn't pan far enough to the right to tell, but did they leave up the ghetto press boxes on the east side just in case? :lol:

Man, the pall over all things UD football is pervasive these days. You just have to laugh or you'll be sad.
MAKE DELAWARE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN

Henny

Post by Henny » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:25 pm

93BlueHen wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:10 am
Camera #2 doesn't pan far enough to the right to tell, but did they leave up the ghetto press boxes on the east side just in case? :lol:

It's still there in all it's glory!
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:03 pm

93BlueHen wrote:

Man, the pall over all things UD football is pervasive these days. You just have to laugh or you'll be sad.
Henny wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:25 pm
93BlueHen wrote:

It's still there in all it's glory!
It's weird and coincidental, but I wondered the same thing this morning for the first time about the East side ghetto PBs - :lol:

makes you wonder- where is UD's confidence about anything athletic with the exception of FH( not a CR hire) being successful? :( :oops:

is there any good news??
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

Info Hound

Post by Info Hound » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:40 pm

The temporary press boxes in the east stands are no longer there.

rooneyguy
UD Class: 1988

Post by rooneyguy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:24 pm

Info Hound wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:40 pm
The temporary press boxes in the east stands are no longer there.
But, just today, Henny said they were still there. Both things can't be true.

Henny

Post by Henny » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:34 pm

Sorry for the confusion. Temp boxes are gone but the dented, tin blue getto box is still there.

I thought that was what 93 was referring to.

Info Hound

Re: Live C theonstruction Footage

Post by Info Hound » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:43 pm

More likely, my confusion!

93BlueHen
UD Class: 1993

Post by 93BlueHen » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:01 pm

I was referring to the two blue temporary wooden huts.

I'm glad they're gone. That gives at least a little incentive to get the freaking permanent construction done.

Hopefully we can all forget about these days some day.
MAKE DELAWARE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN

UD77
UD Class: 0

Post by UD77 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:37 am

Rome was not built in a day but it may have taken a lot less time than this construction project. After a year I would have expected more progress than seats installed and a frame of a building I really don't understand WHAT is taking so long. This is not the most complicated construction project in the world. Maybe give them some credit in that they had to make sure the over whelming crowds could get to their seats during the FB season but that was only for three months of the year and really only six weekends.

There has to be something else going on here.... trying to squeeze more out of the contributors or they are holding the money longer to get more interest payments?

As a side note .... why do schools think that after collecting a ton of money from a student to go to school that when said student graduates that they should continue to give them more money?? It is not like the school is a charity. Heck it was published that the UD President was one of the highest paid guys in Public education. Tuition continues to out pace inflation, etc. None of my family members (3) received any assistance money from UD to PURCHASE an education. In addition the school actually collects extra by forcing you to take classes that you would not normally consider taking because they want to "round out" your experience. I just find this idea as funny that schools expect you to give as if this is your church or something. Do you send money to your favorite car repair company because to just happen to like the service they gave you? No, you pay the bill and if you need additional service you pay for more work to be done. Not trying to start anything here just curious this accepted practice. And before I get attacked, I have fallen for this ploy, more likely not any more.

Hens79

Post by Hens79 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:54 am

UD77 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:37 am
Rome was not built in a day but it may have taken a lot less time than this construction project. After a year I would have expected more progress than seats installed and a frame of a building I really don't understand WHAT is taking so long. This is not the most complicated construction project in the world. Maybe give them some credit in that they had to make sure the over whelming crowds could get to their seats during the FB season but that was only for three months of the year and really only six weekends.

There has to be something else going on here.... trying to squeeze more out of the contributors or they are holding the money longer to get more interest payments?

As a side note .... why do schools think that after collecting a ton of money from a student to go to school that when said student graduates that they should continue to give them more money?? It is not like the school is a charity. Heck it was published that the UD President was one of the highest paid guys in Public education. Tuition continues to out pace inflation, etc. None of my family members (3) received any assistance money from UD to PURCHASE an education. In addition the school actually collects extra by forcing you to take classes that you would not normally consider taking because they want to "round out" your experience. I just find this idea as funny that schools expect you to give as if this is your church or something. Do you send money to your favorite car repair company because to just happen to like the service they gave you? No, you pay the bill and if you need additional service you pay for more work to be done. Not trying to start anything here just curious this accepted practice. And before I get attacked, I have fallen for this ploy, more likely not any more.
Really good post 77. And despite all the recent talks about tuition increasing so much over the last decades, UD’s continues to outpace inflation, I guess there is just no shaming. And regarding contributing, UD helped me solve my dilemma about providing contributions for something I don’t agree with the vision and the execution, i.e, FCS football and a shrinking stadium. UD is a rich school that is building a small city across the street and yet they continue with a small time athletics vision. With UD dropping the mandatory contributions for football seating, I am simply paying for tickets to the game and my good parking spot. I do it mostly as a family and friends event rather than a football event. And now back the to the construction project. Something is obviously going on first with the delayed start last spring and now the slow progress. Not surprising. When it comes to athletics, UD has had a tough time getting it right for a long time.

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:19 am

Has CR commented on the slow progress of the construction now or since it's inception( besides that it would be READY? for the season opener) ??? just wondering-not complaining since it is out of our control!
Also, just wondering if the east stands is part of the coin we fans threw at UD. If not, it's ridiculous to just invest in a partial job.
BTW- I have contributed over the years due to my appreciation of my UD experience and additionally to my joy watching our sports teams. I believe these are valid reasons.

here's an appropriate trivia question- Who sand "joy"? hint- a female hard hitter- check out the video- I just did a second ago rockin"
BTW- "you take my joy-I want it back" is a line in the song- BINGO :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( CR- ya think?

HENRY

Post by HENRY » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:01 pm

Lucida Williams!

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:49 pm

you got it. 8) from "Car Wheels on a Gravel Road"