Live Construction Footage

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
93BlueHen
UD Class: 1993

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by 93BlueHen » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:49 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:50 am
Guess its all relative to what you are used to seeing. I am guessing the night time was hopping even more. More important things to argue about.
Agreed.

Why isn't the f'ing press box finished yet?

And why wasn't it designed to be bigger? Seriously, one level and it doesn't even extend the width of the west stands?

:lol:
MAKE DELAWARE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN

CapeHen
UD Class: 2019

Post by CapeHen » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:28 pm

93BlueHen wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:49 pm
HENJOHN wrote:
Guess its all relative to what you are used to seeing. I am guessing the night time was hopping even more. More important things to argue about.
Agreed.

And why wasn't it designed to be bigger? Seriously, one level and it doesn't even extend the width of the west stands?

If they say it’s on time then it’s probably on time. Probably won’t be because of CV, but who could have seen this coming.

Out of curiosity, do you really think it needs to be any bigger? I don’t think it’s any bigger or smaller than say, JMU’s for comparisons sake.

I mean, how much press is covering UD football games nowadays? I’m sure there will be PLENTY of space :lol:

93BlueHen

Post by 93BlueHen » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:53 pm

CapeHen wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:28 pm
93BlueHen wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:49 pm
HENJOHN wrote:
Agreed.

If they say it’s on time then it’s probably on time. Probably won’t be because of CV, but who could have seen this coming.

Out of curiosity, do you really think it needs to be any bigger? I don’t think it’s any bigger or smaller than say, JMU’s for comparisons sake.

I mean, how much press is covering UD football games nowadays? I’m sure there will be PLENTY of space :lol:
Go get your sarcasm meter re-calibrated, please. I don't think it's detecting.

Youdee Blues
UD Class: 1996

Post by Youdee Blues » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:28 pm

93BlueHen wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:21 am
Udforever1 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:18 am
93BlueHen wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:11 am

It was busy as hell. Just letting people know the truth. I'm not even sure it was very smart to have the businesses open, but open they were and activity was high.
Have a few buddies that went down to Dewey this weekend. Said it was dead compared to most years.
I'm not saying it wasn't down a little, but it was not dead at all. Again, the line to get in Starboard was halfway down the block and OC was hopping like crazy. I was there, so I know. I don't need to rely on others for a report. :lol:
Is this true, that the Starboard was open and packed? How does that square with Monty's announcement on Thursday night that the opening weekend celebration was cancelled? Was to be closed each day at 6. Folks still congregated?

93BlueHen

Post by 93BlueHen » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:45 pm

Youdee Blues wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:28 pm
93BlueHen wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:21 am
Udforever1 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:18 am

Have a few buddies that went down to Dewey this weekend. Said it was dead compared to most years.
I'm not saying it wasn't down a little, but it was not dead at all. Again, the line to get in Starboard was halfway down the block and OC was hopping like crazy. I was there, so I know. I don't need to rely on others for a report. :lol:
Is this true, that the Starboard was open and packed? How does that square with Monty's announcement on Thursday night that the opening weekend celebration was cancelled? Was to be closed each day at 6. Folks still congregated?
Yes, the Starboard was open for business on Saturday and packed inside with people waiting in line outside for half a block to get in. I saw it personally. I passed by around 5pm on my way to Ocean City.

Governor Carney mentioned the packed conditions in Wilmington and Dewey Beach on Saturday in his press conference today when he was visiting the Emergency Operations Center in Smyrna as a major reason he's limiting bars and restaurants to take out only.

bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:07 am

wow I stand corrected - just clicked on the webcam & they're working!!

No kids in school or sports going on anytime soon so I'm bugging out for better locale - good luck to everyone & stay safe
Delaware Football - time to make things happen or it’s time for changes.....

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:02 am

OK- Another case of someone wanting to be right rather than correct.

From a patron who actually resides in Dewey and was a participant at the St Patty's Starboard Bash ..........

Yes it was open but only until 7:00 PM on Saturday but none of the usual tents , bands and extras for St Patty's Day were set up and inside was not very crowded according to my source who was actually sitting at the bar.

The line outside was caused by the fairly new system that requires that a picture of everyone be taken with their license as they enter.

Estimated loss by Monty, $200.000 for the day.

Case closed !!!! :lol:

Henweigh
UD Class: 0

Post by Henweigh » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:29 am

Sounds like folks haven't quite grasped the concept and importance of social distancing.
Keepin' it real.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:09 am

My daughter's BF works for a fairly big construction outfit. They are working today

Just FYI
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

93BlueHen

Post by 93BlueHen » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:25 pm

Henzone wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:02 am
OK- Another case of someone wanting to be right rather than correct.

From a patron who actually resides in Dewey and was a participant at the St Patty's Starboard Bash ..........

Yes it was open but only until 7:00 PM on Saturday but none of the usual tents , bands and extras for St Patty's Day were set up and inside was not very crowded according to my source who was actually sitting at the bar.

The line outside was caused by the fairly new system that requires that a picture of everyone be taken with their license as they enter.

Estimated loss by Monty, $200.000 for the day.

Case closed !!!! :lol:
Case closed indeed:
Coronavirus brings boom to Delaware beaches over weekend
https://www.delawareonline.com/story/ne ... 058217002/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said, when I was at RB, DB, BB, FI, OC, they were all hopping this weekend. Very busy.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:50 pm

This News Journal article specifically addresses the Starboard ,it's closure and loss of income this weekend. The boom mentioned was at the beach in general not the bars & restaurants in Dewey.

"We lost over $200,000 in sales," he said, "just for this weekend " .... Starboard owner Steve Montgomery.

delawareonline.com/story/money/business/2020/03/17/de-bars-explain-why-they-stayed-oexplain-why-they-stayed-open-during-st-patricks-day-weekend/5057391002/

93BlueHen

Post by 93BlueHen » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:59 pm

No doubt some business was lost with The Starboard canceling several of their activities. I was simply refuting on the previous page that the Delaware beaches were dead this weekend, as they obviously were not. They were bustling. Case closed.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:13 pm

93BlueHen wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:59 pm
No doubt some business was lost with The Starboard canceling several of their activities. I was simply refuting on the previous page that the Delaware beaches were dead this weekend, as they obviously were not. They were bustling. Case closed.
Your response to HenJohn's causal comment was directly contradicting him. Not nice ! It's so typical of the half azz inaccurate backhanded remarks we get on here it needed to be rebutted. When I did so you went after me after I produced a witness who was in the place. You balked at that and changed directions and offered an article about something related. That's just typical of the BS you and others post about UD football.

As I said before you just seemed determined to be right rather then correct. The discussion was never about anything but the Starboard. You never saw inside as you stated , you just drove by. " Busy as hell" is what you stated. Is it really worth all this ? Just admit the friggin line out front fooled you into thinking business was good.

Now, who the hell really cares about the Starboard?

93BlueHen

Post by 93BlueHen » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:30 pm

Henzone wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:13 pm
93BlueHen wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:59 pm
Your response to HenJohn's causal comment was directly contradicting him. Not nice ! It's so typical of the half azz inaccurate backhanded remarks we get on here it needed to be rebutted. When I did so you went after me after I produced a witness who was in the place. You balked at that and changed directions and offered an article about something related. That's just typical of the BS you and others post about UD football.

As I said before you just seemed determined to be right rather then correct. The discussion was never about anything but the Starboard. You never saw inside as you stated , you just drove by. " Busy as hell" is what you stated. Is it really worth all this ? Just admit the friggin line out front fooled you into thinking business was good.

Now, who the hell really cares about the Starboard?
Wow. Must be that time of the month. :lol:

And I could see inside The Starboard, dummy. It was packed, wall to wall. :lol: :lol:

You're insufferable.

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:40 pm

Sorry to initiate a fued. As I stated a couple of times on this minor subject is that it was not as busy as it usually is in MY opinion and I suppose it's all what you are used to. I didn't get smart with anyone and for me, having a home near Dewey, I have gone there every year for the last 25 years on St Patty's day along with many other times and it was not as bustling as it was in years past something a couple of dozen other regulars that go there indicated. I was there from late morning to mid afternoon and left for Bethany and Ocean View.

If someone disagrees that's ok but for many of us long standing St Patrick's day Vets, it was disappointing overall. Sunday morning Bloody Mary's were slower too.Now on to more important things.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019