Sacks

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UD27

Sacks

Post by UD27 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:32 pm

I knew it was bad, but these numbers are ridiculous...
Sack totals..
Opponents - 28
UD - 4
It’s tough to beat any quality opponent when you are so woefully weak in both getting to and protecting the QB.
"the best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" Winston Churchill

DickinsonB
UD Class: 1990

Re: Sacks

Post by DickinsonB » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:49 pm

UD27 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:32 pm
I knew it was bad, but these numbers are ridiculous...
Sack totals..
Opponents - 28
UD - 4
It’s tough to beat any quality opponent when you are so woefully weak in both getting to and protecting the QB.
I did a doubletake thinking I must have misread that. 4 sacks! How is that even possible over 8 games? How do you not look at that number, as a coach, and say, "Welp! Time to try something else because this isn't working."?

HensRock
Site Admin
UD Class: 1985

Post by HensRock » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Take out the UNH game and we have 1 sack in the other 7.
Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day
which ones you'll have to eat!

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:53 am

sad but old news that reinforces our view that DR is a loser. It was evident as I posted that he needed to bring a couple of D s to fortify our weak defensive front.

DRAIN THE SWAMP- we have an experienced head coach on staff who could handle the assignment starting today with competence.

PULL THE TRIGGER- my frustration is getting the better of me, but it jumps out the moment I check our our board!!!!! :x :x
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

ColoradoHen
UD Class: 1977

Post by ColoradoHen » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:35 pm

Larry, we’re all feeling the same level of frustration for all the same reasons. With the loss of so much experience from last year, I really didn’t know what to expect this year. However, I did expect improved team play as the season progressed. We haven’t seen that at all. In fact, the totally uninspired overall play in two of the last three games have been sickening to watch. I personally have always hated to lose, but to lose because of a total lack of emotion, simple execution of fundamentals, and effort is unacceptable at any level. Compounding my frustration is DR’s continued use of the same old meaningless words, and the same unimaginative and boring style of play every game despite getting the same unacceptable results. For goodness sakes, look at the film Danny and you still can’t figure out why our abysmal team stats are on the bottom of the CAA and the country and actually try something different as a fix??? You want emotional, inspired play from your team? Try implementing a pressure defense that stresses speed and some imaginative surprises. We are so predictable on both sides of the ball it’s easy for the opposition to game plan wins against such vanilla play calling. Result? Neither the players or the fans can get very excited and all emotion is lost. Sorry, I did not intend to drone on, but built up anger took over. We are all feeling the same at this point. When even my friend Maddog Wayne vents his frustration on this board, you know things are bad. Time for something to change, either the coaching or the coach.

Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:48 pm

Very well articulated ColoradoHen (expresses many of my sentiments 100%- the problem seems to be much greater than talent). We are both “old school” guys ( and military) the the terms “quit”, “lack of effort”, “no emotion”, “not fully invested”, etc. should be non-existent. Yes I am a Blue Hen fan- but frustrated and disappointed as hell).
The legacy and importance of Delaware’s football program and tradition go far beyond the “powers to be.” Administrators and Coaches come and go (most keep an eye out for personal gain and advancement). Delaware football is “our” passion and history. As administrators and coaches can move on, we are forever saddled with either their mistakes and/or hopefully, successes. It takes thousands to build an empire, but it can be destroyed by a few!!
The program is at a crucial crossroads. There is no margin of error! Either the current staff and personnel must make a drastic change, or it is vital we bring in someone who can! If not, we better start making inquiries about the Patriot League (not sure if they would even want us)!
Wayne Hanby Go Hens!