Chrissi's Message

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Henzone

Chrissi's Message

Post by Henzone » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Now that we have a message from our AD supporting Coach Rocco we can all sleep well tonight! :lol:

beancounter
UD Class: 1976

Re: Chrissi's Message

Post by beancounter » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:19 pm

The fact that Chrissi even sent out such a letter tells me that DR is on the hot seat. You can be sure the ultimate factor in giving him some rope is in the $ remaining in the contract.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:26 pm

I believe the message as it is written and I suggest Chrissi is dead serious about her support. The motive doesn't matter. Things may change if 2020 is another dud but let's give Danny the same support also.

hens05alum
UD Class: 2005

Post by hens05alum » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:04 pm

Is Jim Hofher networking at any football conventions this winter? We really need some fresh blood in this offense.
V for Villanova, V for veritable certainty of victory over Delaware.

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:56 pm

beancounter wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:19 pm
The fact that Chrissi even sent out such a letter tells me that DR is on the hot seat. You can be sure the ultimate factor in giving him some rope is in the $ remaining in the contract.
Or maybe she heard the rumblings of fans. No need to spin into something using only pure speculation.

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:22 pm

beancounter wrote:
Ukraine did it

Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:23 pm

“Steel on Target” Henzone. The letter is “black & white” (our spell checkers can carefully inspect the message), and it states exactly what she wanted to make public.
Our AD knows what the “fans” expect of her, and the coaches of the various sports teams, and especially football. She has a plan and path to leading our football program to national prominence (not relevance).
It is not necessary for her to disclose any details between her “talks” and/or expectations placed upon the shoulders of the Head Coach. Our AD is an advocate of “actions and results”, not just words!
We know we have a Head Coach, a young roster who will be more experienced next year, new recruits, several who are ready to play and contribute as Freshmen. Like it or not, the hand has been dealt. Let’s see how it play’s out.
I support the AD, I support Coach Rocco, I support the coaching staff and the players who comprise the team. If they are successful, I will be happy. If they are not, I will be unhappy. The future is now. Let’s git’er done! Go Blue Hens! Wayne Hanby

bct2000
UD Class: 1990

Post by bct2000 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:28 pm

beancounter wrote:
Yes..the notorious "vote of confidence"..that always comes out when a coach is on the hot seat.

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:31 pm

Maddog@76 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:23 pm
“Steel on Target” Henzone. The letter is “black & white” (our spell checkers can carefully inspect the message), and it states exactly what she wanted to make public.
Our AD knows what the “fans” expect of her, and the coaches of the various sports teams, and especially football. She has a plan and path to leading our football program to national prominence (not relevance).
It is not necessary for her to disclose any details between her “talks” and/or expectations placed upon the shoulders of the Head Coach. Our AD is an advocate of “actions and results”, not just words!
We know we have a Head Coach, a young roster who will be more experienced next year, new recruits, several who are ready to play and contribute as Freshmen. Like it or not, the hand has been dealt. Let’s see how it play’s out.
I support the AD, I support Coach Rocco, I support the coaching staff and the players who comprise the team. If they are successful, I will be happy. If they are not, I will be unhappy. The future is now. Let’s git’er done! Go Blue Hens! Wayne Hanby
THIS

bestinpoultry
UD Class: 1992

Post by bestinpoultry » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:22 pm

Where can one find her message?

bluedev

Post by bluedev » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:22 pm

Received it as an email.. I assumed it went out to season ticket holders.

hendog

Post by hendog » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:28 pm

Yea great message changes nothing they were never going to fire him and eat the remaining years of his contract i guess we'll wait and see what happens

93BlueHen
UD Class: 1993

Post by 93BlueHen » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:20 pm

bestinpoultry wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:22 pm
Where can one find her message?
MAKE DELAWARE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN

jl1968

Post by jl1968 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:06 pm

Our AD didn't do her job and fire Rocco so it will be more of the same next year!!!

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:13 am

Thanks for sharing a copy of the communication, which I guess went to STH's. Looks like Chrissi reads the board and considered what I wrote a couple days ago in the STH thread. But, I expect they got this message in other venues from others also:
....... The deafening silence after this disappointing season is what triggers this realization. Some positive communication about the upcoming capital improvements with a commitment to getting them finished on time with some words of optimism for on field improvement, even if just feigned, would go a long way with me. It would at least tell me they care about fans and plan to make things better, .....

Looks like a good recruiting class. Hope we have better line play next year.