FCS Championship: N.D. State vs. James Madison

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

FCS Championship: N.D. State vs. James Madison

Post by UD '01 grad » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:02 pm

Dukes a 1.5-point favorite three weeks out. Some Bison money already seen early.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-fo ... eason/2019

finpxz1

Re: FCS Championship: N.D. State vs. James Madison

Post by finpxz1 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:20 pm

How in the world could JMU be favored in this game??? Not saying they can't win, but I would think NDSU would be close to a touchdown favorite given their sustained dominance of FCS Football over the past decade. Would love to see JMU win, but no way I'm betting against the Bison...especially with getting a point and a half. What am I missing???

dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:32 am

I'm still not sold on the JMU QB in this game.

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:42 am

I actually like the DUKES to win this game around 34-28. I like both teams but I think JMU will put more pressure on the real good QB NDSU has and force an error or two but wont surprise me if the Bizon win again either. Odd to think that Delaware scored the most point son NDSU this year (22).
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

ud16

Post by ud16 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:37 am

The thought of JMU potentially having a championship celebration while opening up against Delaware in 2020 sickens me. Bison 27-24.

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:56 am

finpxz1 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:20 pm
How in the world could JMU be favored in this game??? Not saying they can't win, but I would think NDSU would be close to a touchdown favorite given their sustained dominance of FCS Football over the past decade. Would love to see JMU win, but no way I'm betting against the Bison...especially with getting a point and a half. What am I missing???
This is this year's Bison team, not the ones that won in the past. That NDSU team we saw come through Newark this year wasn't awe-inspiring. Granted, still early in the year, and granted, they were still very good, but there have been better teams to play in Newark in the past. This year's version of NDSU is certainly mortal.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Hensfansince03
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hensfansince03 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:26 pm

Gannonfan wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:56 am
finpxz1 wrote:
This is this year's Bison team, not the ones that won in the past. That NDSU team we saw come through Newark this year wasn't awe-inspiring. Granted, still early in the year, and granted, they were still very good, but there have been better teams to play in Newark in the past. This year's version of NDSU is certainly mortal.
We would have scored more if Henderson and Knight started and played in the first half.

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:35 pm

Hensfansince03 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:26 pm
Gannonfan wrote:
finpxz1 wrote:
We would have scored more if Henderson and Knight started and played in the first half.
Possibly - Henderson was still coming into his own then - didn't have the playing time before then. Certainly begs the question why Henderson didn't get more time last year and early in this year. Not sure about Knight - he's very good, no doubt, but the offensive line couldn't run block early in the year. That only got better much later in the year, and now unfortunately we're faced with replacing a good chunk of the offensive line. I look forward to the "we're young on the offensive line" mantra early in the year to explain our problems.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

UD27

Post by UD27 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:56 pm

If you want to see an example of the talent gap between JMU/NDST and UD, look no further than their sack totals...

JMU - 46
NDST - 42
UD - 6
"the best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" Winston Churchill

finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:05 pm

Gannonfan wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:35 pm
Hensfansince03 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:26 pm
Gannonfan wrote:

Possibly - Henderson was still coming into his own then - didn't have the playing time before then. Certainly begs the question why Henderson didn't get more time last year and early in this year. Not sure about Knight - he's very good, no doubt, but the offensive line couldn't run block early in the year. That only got better much later in the year, and now unfortunately we're faced with replacing a good chunk of the offensive line. I look forward to the "we're young on the offensive line" mantra early in the year to explain our problems.
Sad...but I’m sure you’re right. This program has gotten so predictable when it comes to excuses. And you know what they say about excuses and a-holes...everyone has one and they all stink.

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:33 pm

UD27 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:56 pm
If you want to see an example of the talent gap between JMU/NDST and UD, look no further than their sack totals...

JMU - 46
NDST - 42
UD - 6
Damn. How telling is this Stat?
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Attila the Hen

Post by Attila the Hen » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:12 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:33 pm
UD27 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:56 pm

JMU - 46
NDST - 42
UD - 6
Damn. How telling is this Stat?
I think it's more telling of the coaching style than of the talent, although there is clearly a pretty big gap there as well. You have to be willing to take your lumps and learn from them. In time, you will be giving out a lot more lumps than you take. If the coaches don't trust the players, especially the younger ones, they are never going to play with swagger. And experience brings out the talent. JMU's and NDSU's 5th yr seniors have five years of experience. UD's have one year of experience five times over.

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:09 pm

Atilla, agree ...that big a difference can't be all talent related. Lining up a half mile off the ball and playing passive don't help.

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:50 am

If the beast is to be slayed, this year appears to be the opportunity.

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:34 am

jd of de wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:50 am
If the beast is to be slayed, this year appears to be the opportunity.
That's right. I give JMU a slight edge.
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19