I'm pizzed off and want to complain and whine

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UD77
UD Class: 0

Re: I'm pizzed off and want to complain and whine

Post by UD77 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:03 pm

UD27 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:57 am
Some very sad CAA stats,,,

UD's CAA ranking this past season;

Scoring Off.- 10th
Scoring Def.-10th
Rush Off.- 5th
Rush Def.- 11th
Pass Off.- 11th
Pass Def.- 10th
Total Off.- 9th
Total Def.- 11th
3rd down conver.- 11th
Red Zone Off.- 8th
Red Zone Def.- 8th
Turnover marg.- 8th
Time of poss.- 11th
Sacks for- 12th
Sacks against-12th

https://static.caasports.com/custompage ... nfldrs.htm
How did we win 5 games?? .... Skip?

Skip says "it's a miracle" (Bull Durham reference)

hens05alum
UD Class: 2005

Post by hens05alum » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:08 pm

Hi there, it felt like a good time to bump this thread since I'm definitely feeling like a petulant little you-know-what at the moment. I'm presently watching two teams that look light years better than us play for a National Championship, as I scroll through social media photos from our own football team's 'Big Squat Friday'. I'm not sure anything has ever been more appropriately named than 'Big Squat Friday' than posting photos from the weight room while your league rivals play meaningful football 7 weeks after your season ended in a beatdown.

Happy New Year!
V for Villanova, V for veritable certainty of victory over Delaware.

Jeff Fiss
UD Class: 2001

Post by Jeff Fiss » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:13 am

Steady decline. Coach Rocco has to right the ship.

Section J
UD Class: 1983

Post by Section J » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:44 pm

UD77 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:03 pm

Great coaching 8) :wink:
Last edited by Section J on Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
–George Burns

Section J

Post by Section J » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:00 pm

UDPat wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:45 am
Maddog@76 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:32 pm
tenn hen wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:02 pm
see my post in the Hatchery for our real fans
Guess I am glad I am not a real fan! Wayne Hanby Go Blue Hens!
A belated Happy New Year Mr. Wayne!!!

Got a little story for you.

Was driving by the Wells Fargo Center a few weeks back. Pearl Jam who I have never seen but would like to was playing a concert. I decided to check it out. Show had just began so I slowly made way up to the door. I could hear the music when a security guard pointed me to the ticket booth to purchase a ticket. I looked at him and said: "Sir, Why should I have to buy a ticket?, I don't want to see the band, I only want to listen." :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

And for the record: Wayne Hanby = Real fan!!!!!!!!
Here's your chance Pat:

Pearl Jam
MAR
SAT
Royal Farms Arena
Baltimore, MD

Tickets on sale very soon.
–George Burns

Tribe4SF

Post by Tribe4SF » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:00 pm

Section J wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:44 pm
UD77 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:03 pm

Great coaching 8) :wink:
Glad to know all is well here in Hen land! We are back at each other next fall and your usual hospitality is expected, of course. Can't believe we're homecoming! Last time it was Parent's Weekend and we ended up in a total s**thole in Elkton. We got ahead of it this time!
Roll Tribe!!!

Section J

Post by Section J » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:05 pm

Tribe4SF wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:00 pm
Glad to know all is well here in Hen land! We are back at each other next fall and your usual hospitality is expected, of course. I can't believe we're homecoming! Last time it was Parent's Weekend and we ended up in a total s**thole in Elkton. We got ahead of it this time!
It will be great to see you SF. You guys are much more civil to one another on your board, must be the southern gentility. :wink:

Everything is peachy, we had the same nonsense on this board when we were winning and a regular participant in the playoffs.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. I think Abraham Lincoln said that :lol: .
–George Burns

Tribe4SF

Post by Tribe4SF » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:10 pm

Section J wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:05 pm
Tribe4SF wrote:
Glad to know all is well here in Hen land! We are back at each other next fall and your usual hospitality is expected, of course. I can't believe we're homecoming! Last time it was Parent's Weekend and we ended up in a total s**thole in Elkton. We got ahead of it this time!
It will be great to see you SF. You guys are much more civil to one another on your board, must be the southern gentility. :wink:

Everything is peachy, we had the same nonsense on this board when we were winning and a regular participant in the playoffs.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. I think Abraham Lincoln said that :lol: .
:lol:

We'll likely come up early Friday and play golf. Let me know if you want in.
Roll Tribe!!!

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:33 pm

Section J wrote:
Yeah, I loved Dylan's use of Honest Abe's quotation in the song "talkin WWIII blues from the album"-Freewheelin Bob Dylan". That album was loaded with great songs, especially my favorite Dylan tune-the powerful "Masters of War"
He's the major American poet of the second half of the 20th century imho. and a noble laureate-honest :wink:

I'm stickin the cd right now 8)
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

UD27

Post by UD27 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:33 pm

The last time UD had a really good season..

‘The Walking Dead’ was in it’s first year
‘Breaking Bad’ was in it’s 3rd season
‘Lost’ was in it’s final season. :shock:
"the best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" Winston Churchill

Section J

Post by Section J » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:05 am

tenn hen wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:33 pm
Section J wrote:
Yeah, I loved Dylan's use of Honest Abe's quotation in the song "talkin WWIII blues from the album"-Freewheelin Bob Dylan". That album was loaded with great songs, especially my favorite Dylan tune-the powerful "Masters of War"
He's the major American poet of the second half of the 20th century imho. and a noble laureate-honest :wink:

I'm stickin the cd right now 8)
Nice, I've seen Bob 20+ times. Now in his older years, I tell my concert-going pals that if 50% of the show is good, you've gotten your money worth. Some of the changes in the arrangements in the songs make them unrecognizable. The band is very tight. He has been on tour continuously for almost a decade. An icon for sure.
–George Burns

Section J

Post by Section J » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:06 am

Tribe4SF wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:10 pm
Section J wrote:
Tribe4SF wrote:

:lol:

We'll likely come up early Friday and play golf. Let me know if you want in.
If there's a putt-putt course in Newark, I'm in :lol:
–George Burns

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:29 am

Section J wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:00 pm
UDPat wrote:
Maddog@76 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:32 pm

Guess I am glad I am not a real fan! Wayne Hanby Go Blue Hens!

Was driving by the Wells Fargo Center a few weeks back. Pearl Jam who I have never seen but would like to was playing a concert. I decided to check it out. Show had just began so I slowly made way up to the door. I could hear the music when a security guard pointed me to the ticket booth to purchase a ticket. I looked at him and said: "Sir, Why should I have to buy a ticket?, I don't want to see the band, I only want to listen." :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Here's your chance Pat:

Pearl Jam
MAR
SAT
Royal Farms Arena
Baltimore, MD

But why should I have to buy a ticket?? I only want to listen!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:21 am

UDPat wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:29 am
Section J wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:00 pm
UDPat wrote:

Here's your chance Pat:

Pearl Jam
MAR
SAT
Royal Farms Arena
Baltimore, MD

But why should I have to buy a ticket?? I only want to listen!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“But I only want to listen”! Now that there is a classic!!! :D Thanks for the laugh. Wayne Hanby

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:52 pm

Sir, You are welcome and for the record,

That was for you!!!!!!!!
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!