Transfer QB possibility?

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
bluehencop
UD Class: 0

Transfer QB possibility?

Post by bluehencop » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:03 pm

ColoradoHen
UD Class: 1977

Re: Transfer QB possibility?

Post by ColoradoHen » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:32 pm

Don’t waste one of the few precious scholarships left on a QB. We need good, ready to play D1-level linemen. If we don’t have quality QBs on the team roster already, we definitely need a new coaching staff.

bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:00 pm

Wake’s starting QB also entered the portal? Position coach or OC issues?? Or just a peculiar coincidence?
Delaware Football - time to make things happen or it’s time for changes.....

HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:19 pm

I want to be clear. I think Henderson is and should be our starter and I think the kid is a stud. He also plays behind not a very OL and has a history of injuries. We 100% need a ready to go back up to compete with Paoletti so that in the event Henderson does go down the drop off isn't so extreme. Look, Rocco has not a clue what to do with QB's. Take a look at our 2018 roster and you tell me how we managed to find two FBS transfers who couldn't beat out Kehoe? I bet the odds are astronomical and yet Rocco came through in the clutch and delivered. Simply breathtaking.

The QB position is just two important. The good news is we get Reeder back and hopefully he becomes our edge rusher (we don't need him at MLB) so it will be like getting a transfer DL. The bad news is we have so many holes and question marks I just don't see this team doing much.
The Dude Abides!

UDFootballFan
UD Class: 1900

Post by UDFootballFan » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:01 pm

HenZoneNation wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:19 pm
I want to be clear. I think Henderson is and should be our starter and I think the kid is a stud. He also plays behind not a very OL and has a history of injuries. We 100% need a ready to go back up to compete with Paoletti so that in the event Henderson does go down the drop off isn't so extreme. Look, Rocco has not a clue what to do with QB's. Take a look at our 2018 roster and you tell me how we managed to find two FBS transfers who couldn't beat out Kehoe? I bet the odds are astronomical and yet Rocco came through in the clutch and delivered. Simply breathtaking.

This is exaclty why I want to see Paoletti in the last game or two of the season. If not the entire game, a quarter or two or three. We have Henderson and then a lot of unknows. If Rocco was so hard headed, we would know what the qb situation was like in game situation instead of practices.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:25 pm

The staff knows what the QB situation is and that's all that matters.

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:56 pm

Henderson is the front runner no doubt, but with 4 QBs for spring ball and 5 in June it amazes me the number of you that have anointed Paolotti #2 with out ever seeing him.

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:57 pm

Henzone wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:25 pm
LOL ... this "staff' had Kehoe in front of Henderson to start last year and started a year with Walker at QB after two years being at the bottom of the nation in passing.

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:39 pm

Most everyone (except Rocco) saw Henderson's skills the minute he stepped on the field, an exciting and fun player to watch

having said that, I don't blame them for having a transfer QB on the wish list as you have to ask if Henderson is really durable enough to make it through 14 games?, I say 14 games because that would be a deep playoff run..... and that is what most here say the goal is

besides that, he left the last game of the season due to a mysterious injury that we really haven't heard much about and probably never will
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:07 pm

Don't fret about our qb status. Remember we are "quarterback U" :lol: :lol: :lol: :(
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

93BlueHen
UD Class: 1993

Post by 93BlueHen » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:47 pm

HenZoneNation wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:19 pm
Look, Rocco has not a clue what to do with QB's. Take a look at our 2018 roster and you tell me how we managed to find two FBS transfers who couldn't beat out Kehoe? I bet the odds are astronomical and yet Rocco came through in the clutch and delivered. Simply breathtaking.
:lol:

I can't believe he hasn't been s---canned yet.
MAKE DELAWARE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:27 pm

jd of de wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:56 pm
Henderson is the front runner no doubt, but with 4 QBs for spring ball and 5 in June it amazes me the number of you that have anointed Paolotti #2 with out ever seeing him.
No one has anointed anybody anything. Just that Paoletti is the next logical option after Nolan as he has been in the program the longest and was strongly touted when recruited from Marple Newtown, PA. It's only natural but we don't know and don't even know if the coach knows (see other posts). Maybe Cade Pribula or even DeMaille are ahead of Paoletti. We have not seen any of them in any game action (aside from maybe two plays by P at QB), so no one knows.

finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:37 pm

Hens79 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:57 pm
Henzone wrote:
LOL ... this "staff' had Kehoe in front of Henderson to start last year and started a year with Walker at QB after two years being at the bottom of the nation in passing.
Right 79...this one is already in the running for post of the year. Rocco and staff clearly have their finger on the pulse of the QB situation, so we all should sleep well tonight...just awesome. :roll:

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:53 pm

finpxz1 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:37 pm
Hens79 wrote:
Henzone wrote:
Right 79...this one is already in the running for post of the year. Rocco and staff clearly have their finger on the pulse of the QB situation, so we all should sleep well tonight...just awesome. :roll:
Spring game; Kehoe 0-ints, Henderson 2-ints

Do any of you guys pay attention to anything past a game? Apparently not, but we already knew that.

UD27

Post by UD27 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:58 pm

Hens79 wrote:
You are correct, as this 'staff' has exhibited little reason to inspire confidence in their ability to identify and rectify obvious areas of concern. As you posted, they failed to deal with the glaring QB problem in recent previous years and last year it was the obvious OL and DL issues heading into the season.
"the best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" Winston Churchill