they are really trying to sell the public.....

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

they are really trying to sell the public.....

Post by Baltimore Hen » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:43 pm

In ROCCO I Have Great Concern!

jd of de

Re: they are really trying to sell the public.....

Post by jd of de » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:54 pm

and if they were not, there would be complaints about that as well

Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:46 pm

JD- you are correct. Lines are drawn, no compromise or reason.
If you agree with one side, you are absolutely correct. If you don’t, you are a “company man”, “meatballer”, etc. (yes that side also creates derogatory terms to identify individuals- God forbid if someone reciprocates and attaches one to them). It is what it is.
Looking forward to January 26th. Always a pleasure to spend time with other UD football fans, UD football players and coaches and good food...,Go Blue Hens Wayne Hanby

dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:02 pm

Not much to say about O&D line play.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:22 pm

Maddog@76 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:46 pm
If you agree with one side, you are absolutely correct. If you don’t, you are a “company man”, “meatballer”, etc. (yes that side also creates derogatory terms to identify individuals- God forbid if someone reciprocates and attaches one to them). It is what it is.
Looking forward to January 26th. Always a pleasure to spend time with other UD football fans, UD football players and coaches and good food...,Go Blue Hens Wayne Hanby
It's pathetic Wayne. Love to have a beer with some of these guys ( certainly not all) and see what they're really like behind the protection of their hidden identities yet none of them seem to show up to any of the events we do. I 've met dozens of people ( male & female) on here and often some share different views but it never stopped us from enjoying a UD event or having fun. Hell , JoeC and I used to argue all the time down at the practices but we always enjoyed ourselves. He once shared with me that I was the first guy he called the afternoon KC got thrown out of his BMW showroom . I'm having fun in 2020 and in the future with or without Danny or these sad sacks. :lol:

Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:15 pm

“Snipers” are more comfortable hidden behind camouflage, and at a greater distance than your average frontline soldier :D Wayne Hanby

93BlueHen
UD Class: 1993

Post by 93BlueHen » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:18 pm

Maddog@76 wrote:
Well, respectfully to a fellow Marine, that's a load of BS. You don't have to take some side. You can support the team and criticize it at the same time. Certainly, even the harshest critics here love the team or they wouldn't be here.

I've personally criticized the hell out of the last three coaches. Tubby didn't get my ire, because it was before the internet really got going. :lol: They all had/have noteworthy flaws. That's what message boards are for: lively discussion. We're not here to be cheerleaders. We already have those on the sidelines at every home game.

You all need to stop feeling sorry for yourselves and trying to vilify people who state their honest opinions to try to paint yourselves as holy figures. You aren't. You're just fans like everyone else here.

Back to the OP, this is an example of the AD doing exactly what I and a few others specifically asked for: increased communication. We've now seen two examples where the AD directly addressed her thoughts on Rocco and this one where UD athletics gave people an assessment of where they think the football team stands going into 2020.

This is EXACTLY what we said there needs to be more of, namely an acknowledgement that the football program is the cash cow here, and it matters a little more. So, put a little more effort into the program, the messaging, the gameday experience, hell, even your expectations of the damn coach.

IMHO, the more demanding we are as fans, the better the results will be on the field. They need to know that the recent performance is UNACCEPTABLE and we won't continue to support it at the same level. IMPROVEMENT is mandatory for this coach, this season. Or, don't let the door hit you, Danny boy.
MAKE DELAWARE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:04 pm

93- Some good input on the OP but your post tells us exactly who you are. " I've personally criticized the hell out of the last 3 coaches" .... ' the more demanding you are as fans, the better results will be on the field. "

Your attitude clashes totally with what's best for UD football and reeks of self gratification. You don't have to kneel down and worship our coaching staff but you don't have to feel it's your right to criticize the hell out of anyone . If only your constant demands translated into better results as you suggest then maybe we would be undefeated but that's not how it really works.

If that's what your definition of a good fan is then your constant whining and complaining make sense. Sad.

Bandwagon

Post by Bandwagon » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:24 pm

Henzone wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:22 pm
Maddog@76 wrote:
It's pathetic Wayne. Love to have a beer with some of these guys ( certainly not all) and see what they're really like behind the protection of their hidden identities yet none of them seem to show up to any of the events we do. I 've met dozens of people ( male & female) on here and often some share different views but it never stopped us from enjoying a UD event or having fun. Hell , JoeC and I used to argue all the time down at the practices but we always enjoyed ourselves. He once shared with me that I was the first guy he called the afternoon KC got thrown out of his BMW showroom . I'm having fun in 2020 and in the future with or without Danny or these sad sacks. :lol:
WOW, HZ… you have stooped to a new low, even for you… what’s the matter… you feeling the heat on this board? Taking yet another fabricated shot at KC by naming someone who is no longer with us as your point of reference in your relentless quest to malign his reputation AGAIN. Whenever you’re involved in a thread it becomes juvenile, and always resorts to denigrating KC. It made zero sense for you to include him in your post, yet you did. Let’s call it what it is… a very weird obsession. Wasn’t this board shut down for a beat because of another one of your fictitious posts about tipping? Yep!!!

Attacking a loyal Blue Hen who… played here on a National Championship team, coached here and won us our ONLY FCS National Championship, took us to 2 others and unabashedly loved this institution… screams AGENDA! Curious, what’s yours???

93BlueHen
UD Class: 1993

Post by 93BlueHen » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:34 pm

Henzone wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:04 pm
93- Some good input on the OP but your post tells us exactly who you are. " I've personally criticized the hell out of the last 3 coaches" .... ' the more demanding you are as fans, the better results will be on the field. "

Your attitude clashes totally with what's best for UD football and reeks of self gratification. You don't have to kneel down and worship our coaching staff but you don't have to feel it's your right to criticize the hell out of anyone . If only your constant demands translated into better results as you suggest then maybe we would be undefeated but that's not how it really works.

If that's what your definition of a good fan is then your constant whining and complaining make sense. Sad.
No, my attitude doesn't clash with what's best for UD. Singing Kumbaya and eating meatballs won't make UD Football better. Demanding excellence and results will make it better.

Your constant whining and complaining about people demanding excellence is.... sad.

You're lucky there are a few of us left who still want the team to get good again. Most just gave up and stopped coming to games or following the program at all after a decade of mediocrity.

I'll always be here, and I'll always point out when the Emperor isn't wearing clothes. You can't do a damn thing about it either.
MAKE DELAWARE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:18 am

The “heat of this board” .... that’s sad, funny and narcissistic all at the same time.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:42 am

93- You keep up the good work by motivating our coaching staff via this message board . Seems like it has been very effective to date and we all enjoy the atmosphere you create and results achieved. :lol:

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:15 am

I kind of like what they posted and the info. Better than not communicating anything. I am hoping to get some pertinent Construction updates this spring and summer as well.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

UD27

Post by UD27 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:08 am

Henzone wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:42 am
93- You keep up the good work by motivating our coaching staff via this message board . Seems like it has been very effective to date and we all enjoy the atmosphere you create and results achieved. :lol:
If UD coaches are paying any attention to what is posted on this or any other fan message board, they need to get into another line of work. To insinuate that coaches require motivation from a goofy message board in order to produce a quality product is beyond ridiculous. This is a site for fans to vent, debate, joke and comment, it is not a place that was designed to motivate coaches and cheer lead for the school.
"the best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" Winston Churchill

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:18 am

HENJOHN wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:15 am
I kind of like what they posted and the info. Better than not communicating anything. I am hoping to get some pertinent Construction updates this spring and summer as well.

Was actually hoping the WAC would be done when the players get in for pre season practice.

The original completion date was Summer 2020.
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19