Caribbean Hen watch

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
jd of de

Caribbean Hen watch

Post by jd of de » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:20 am

be safe down there ... check in when the juice returns

Big R
UD Class: 1975

Re: Caribbean Hen watch

Post by Big R » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:39 am

jd of de wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:20 am
be safe down there ... check in when the juice returns
Ditto. Saw that the landmark rock formation is no more, but more importantly, hope people there are safe and secure.

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:50 am

He is ok however, power is out on the Island.

I'll let him respond when he's able.
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

93BlueHen
UD Class: 1993

Post by 93BlueHen » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:22 pm

Henny wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:50 am
He is ok however, power is out on the Island.

I'll let him respond when he's able.
Thanks for the update, Henny.

Best wishes to you and yours, CH!
MAKE DELAWARE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:58 pm

+1
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:25 pm

I really appreciate the kind words everyone!

The 6.4 earthquake was just off the southwest coast of Puerto Rico and lots of damage on the south coast, Didn’t notice any damage in the San Juan metropolitan area but the power is definitely out Island wide.

There was actually a smaller but very noticeable earthquake yesterday as well, And today aftershocks one after another. Hopefully we’ve already had the big one

I was awoken out of a dead sleep at about 430 this morning when the bed started strongly vibrating, Took me a few moments to realize that it wasn’t a dream. Hopefully it doesn’t turn into a nightmare and they get the power back on soon.

Nothing really to complain about though, I’ll save all those for our head coach
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

93BlueHen
UD Class: 1993

Post by 93BlueHen » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:49 pm

Thanks for the report!

The biggest earthquake I was ever in was kind of a humdinger: 7.1 Hector Mine quake in the middle of the Marine base at Twentynine Palms in '99. It didn't kill anyone, because it was so remote, but I was practically on the epicenter and that was an experience! It happened in the middle of the night, and I started dreaming that the earth had become jello and I was riding on a bowl of it. Then I woke up and realized it wasn't a dream and it was pretty surreal. And yep, aftershocks for days. I didn't trust the ground for awhile after that.

I was also working in DC when they had that little baby earthquake in 2011.
MAKE DELAWARE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN

Bandwagon

Post by Bandwagon » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:15 pm

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:25 pm
I really appreciate the kind words everyone!

The 6.4 earthquake was just off the southwest coast of Puerto Rico and lots of damage on the south coast, Didn’t notice any damage in the San Juan metropolitan area but the power is definitely out Island wide.

There was actually a smaller but very noticeable earthquake yesterday as well, And today aftershocks one after another. Hopefully we’ve already had the big one

I was awoken out of a dead sleep at about 430 this morning when the bed started strongly vibrating, Took me a few moments to realize that it wasn’t a dream. Hopefully it doesn’t turn into a nightmare and they get the power back on soon.

Nothing really to complain about though, I’ll save all those for our head coach
Step lightly CH...Hope the power's back on before your laptop battery dies. If you have a generator, crank it up and connect your computer to it so you can keep your posts coming!
Be well!

larry
UD Class: 2014

Post by larry » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:16 pm

Stay safe. Plan on dinner and drinks 2/13 in San Juan
UD tailgate 2 in San Juan.