JMU vs NDSU tomorrow

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
HeHateMe
UD Class: 2000

JMU vs NDSU tomorrow

Post by HeHateMe » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:12 pm

Who are you rooting for and who do you think will win? I'm rooting for JMU and I think they will win.
"Expectations are going to be high, but they should be. This is Delaware." -K.C. Keeler

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Re: JMU vs NDSU tomorrow

Post by 77HEN » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:25 pm

Pulling for JMU and hoping they win. NDSU has too much, makes FCS look like DIII where one team can dominate.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:31 pm

Rooting for NDSU.

Would never root for JMU. That would be like rooting for the Cowboys, never never ever gonna happen.

I have no issues with NDSU dominance. Don't like it, do something about it.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:59 pm

Agree with you Pat. The only way I could ever root for JMU or nova, is if it would help the University of Delaware in someway.
It actually does not matter to me who wins the game, but I will definitely not be pulling for JMU. Wayne Hanby

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:05 pm

You can't make me root for either one!! :lol: :lol:

Picking JMU to win. NDSU's Freshman QB will face the best D he's seen all season, by far.

Look for Lance to make mistakes and JMU will capitalize.

JMU 27
NDSU 20
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

Udforever1
UD Class: 1900

Post by Udforever1 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:19 pm

Can’t find it in me to root for JMU. Go BiZon.

dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:34 pm

I;m sick of NDSU.

dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:36 pm

Henny wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:05 pm
You can't make me root for either one!! :lol: :lol:

Picking JMU to win. NDSU's Freshman QB will face the best D he's seen all season, by far.

Look for Lance to make mistakes and JMU will capitalize.

JMU 27
NDSU 20

After 13 games, it's hard to call him a freshman anymore.

ColoradoHen
UD Class: 1977

Post by ColoradoHen » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:19 pm

I’m not rooting for either team but will be watching the game. It will be the toughest game of the season for both teams so should be a good game. Turnover battle will probably be decisive. NDSU has, by far the better fans so I wouldn’t care one bit if they win again. As stated above, don’t like it, then do something to beat them on the field. JMU winning would be good for the CAA but also gives JMU another recruiting edge so really can’t ever root for them. I think JMU has the better defense, but NDSU has the winning culture and player belief that they don’t lose games. Should be a good one to watch.

93BlueHen
UD Class: 1993

Post by 93BlueHen » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:34 pm

I'm rooting for a giant meteor.
MAKE DELAWARE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN

ud16
UD Class: 1981

Post by ud16 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:46 pm

Would suck to have to open the 2020 season watching JMU raise a championship banner. Go Bison!

The January Man
UD Class: 1996

Post by The January Man » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:18 pm

GO JMU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whiny complaint coming up.........the game is being played at 11 am?? It couldn't be played tonight? Just a weird time to me to play a National Title game.

Oh well. Both teams have to play at that early of a kickoff.

finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:57 pm

The January Man wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:18 pm
GO JMU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whiny complaint coming up.........the game is being played at 11 am?? It couldn't be played tonight? Just a weird time to me to play a National Title game.

Oh well. Both teams have to play at that early of a kickoff.
Completely agree...makes zero sense not to play this game on Friday night. When it first moved to Texas, it was played on Friday night (our loss to Eastern Washington was on a Friday night). I think it moved to Saturday afternoon pretty shortly after the first or 2nd year in Frisco. I guess it all goes back to just how little respect FCS Football gets from the national media.

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:25 am

This game is the classic toss up

Would like to see the Bison get beat, but I think North Dakota State will pull this one out.....

Just to deep in the trenches

JMU offense didn't really look that great against Northern Iowa, a team the Bison stampeded

The Freshman QB Trey Lance for the Bison did not throw a TD all year and was awarded the Walter Payton last night

Henny mentions the JMU defense will be his biggest test, Phil Steel's All CAA conference team has 8 JMU Defensive players on All Conf team

https://philsteele.com/2020/01/07/2019- ... onf-teams/

by the way, Will Knight, once he was allowed on the field, showed the talent he has and made second team All CAA RB.....

Have to give the edge to JMU in the head coach category as well

but in the end, the Bison find a way to win once again, no tears or cheers will be had for either team
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:41 am

My pre-playoff pick was and remains JMU. NDSU while still heads above most FCS teams, isn’t quite the beast they have been some seasons.

This year is JMUs shot. After today’s game NDSU may not lose again for another couple of seasons with their youth.