Missouri State's new coach

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Bandwagon

Re: Missouri State's new coach

Post by Bandwagon » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:36 pm

Henzone wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:30 pm
HENJOHN wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:18 pm
233-95.......71%
AT UD .... 62%.... 54% CAA when he was fired.
Man o Man… your constant attempts of denigrating anything regarding Keeler is just sick!

A guy says he’s won 75% of the games he’s coached and you have to take a shot at that because it’s really ONLY 71% of those games?
Wow, that’s such a huge difference!

I mean it buddy, you have a real problem that borders on OCD-CK, obsessive, compulsive disorder-concerning Keeler!

You need to seek help for that and it should be ASAP!

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:40 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:36 pm
Henzone wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:30 pm
HENJOHN wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:18 pm
233-95.......71%
AT UD .... 62%.... 54% CAA when he was fired.
Man o Man… your constant attempts of denigrating anything regarding Keeler is just sick!

A guy says he’s won 75% of the games he’s coached and you have to take a shot at that because it’s really ONLY 71% of those games?
Wow, that’s such a huge difference!

I mean it buddy, you have a real problem that borders on OCD-CK, obsessive, compulsive disorder-concerning Keeler!

You need to seek help for that and it should be ASAP!
KDS - Keeler Derangement Syndrome. Usually shows up as hatred for anything Keeler related. I think EZ was using HZ as a sounding board for his idea to fire. Great for us. :roll:

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:13 pm

Petrino is a slime ball, but he should become a winner( not the winner by any means) even in the MVC -clearly FCS's top dog!
I did a brief check on their roster for underclassmen and they have a large bunch expected back unless they transfer out with the coaching change as well as a good # of recruits brought in by Steckle(might have the same issue due to change). They recruit NATIONALLY,esp TX- just look at their roster!!
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:42 pm

KDS is present in those that won’t accept what his record is; the good and the not-so-good. There is both and to accept the good and deny the not-so-good, or vice-versa is KDS syndrome.

The problem is many that have it can’t see it and consistently accuse others of having it when they bring up the not-so-good parts. It’s been true of some posters here for years. Sad.

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:50 pm

jd of de wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:42 pm
KDS is present in those that won’t accept what his record is; the good and the not-so-good. There is both and to accept the good and deny the not-so-good, or vice-versa is KDS syndrome.

The problem is many that have it can’t see it and consistently accuse others of having it when they bring up the not-so-good parts. It’s been true of some posters here for years. Sad.
Absolute BS. The KDS of Henzone is unmatched by anyone or any side of this issue. It is almost pathological. No one posted tipping, parking space, hotel room, car dealership stories or a but, but, but when anything positive is posted. No one. And what is sad, no pathetic is for anyone to think the good didn’t far, far outweigh the “not-so-good.” And what is also pathetic is those that keep harping on the “not-so-good.” were gleeful when KC was fired are the ones that now still deflect and deny the absolute disaster the program has turned into since KC was fired just two years after a championship game.And oh yeah, in KC’s “inconsistent” career, that 2011 record which has been portrayed as a dark year with a 7-4 record would meet or beat anything since. It is pathetic that what is good enough for ESPN in naming the 150 top coaches and likely a future Hall of Fame committee isn’t good enough for some of our fans.

Bandwagon

Post by Bandwagon » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:24 pm

Hens79 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:50 pm
jd of de wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:42 pm

Absolute BS. The KDS of Henzone is unmatched by anyone or any side of this issue. It is almost pathological. No one posted tipping, parking space, hotel room, car dealership stories or a but, but, but when anything positive is posted. No one. And what is sad, no pathetic is for anyone to think the good didn’t far, far outweigh the “not-so-good.” And what is also pathetic is those that keep harping on the “not-so-good.” were gleeful when KC was fired are the ones that now still deflect and deny the absolute disaster the program has turned into since KC was fired just two years after a championship game.And oh yeah, in KC’s “inconsistent” career, that 2011 record which has been portrayed as a dark year with a 7-4 record would meet or beat anything since. It is pathetic that what is good enough for ESPN in naming the 150 top coaches and likely a future Hall of Fame committee isn’t good enough for some of our fans.
+1

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:52 am

I REST MY CASE YOUR HONOR!

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:53 am

Good Lord guys. Why is it that when someone periodically has something good to say about a former Bluehen player and Coach that won a Championship in each capacity, it has to be met with so much negativity and caviets? Why is it so difficult to just give the guy his due. It's just amazing how petty it can get on this subject especially in our current period of struggle.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

Hens79

Post by Hens79 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:20 am

jd of de wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:52 am
I REST MY CASE YOUR HONOR!
If I ever run into trouble with the law, I hope you are the prosecutor. :lol: And it is a tough job being a public defender as you have to defend the indefensible. :lol:

Anyway, so you really don’t think the good out weighed the not so good? Really? And that there is anyone with close to an equivalency to Henzone’s nearly two decade long, literally hundreds of anti KC posts? Really? And just in case you can’t tell via the written word, of course these are rhetorical questions.

Now back to the thread. UD would never hire anyone with anything close to the baggage of Petrino and Briles. Heck they rescinded an offer from a coach who even admitted he had a DUI in his past in his interview.

Now back to the real world where UD football still is in the ditch after all these years. Hopefully 2020 is the year it finally turns around but I am not holding my breath. But I will still be there.

The January Man
UD Class: 1996

Post by The January Man » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:13 pm

I assume that if he has any success at Mizzou State, he would use it to springboard back into FBS.

He needs to stay away from the younger ladies though. :D

HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:18 am

HENJOHN wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:17 pm
That really upsets some people too!!
I got crushed after KC got fired when I pointed out that all the guys I know who coach in Nj including Bosco, Bergen Catholic, and St. Joes, BIG TIME HS football, we’re stunned that he got fired. They actually laughed at me. “You know how many people never even make an NC nevermind 3.” Turns out they knew what they were talking about...go figure.

I bring this up because the only people who thought this was a good idea live in the 302. He’s going to the Hall of Fame guys. He was a a Blue Hen and would have been so for life. Think of all the money and time that has been wasted since then? Please be bright enough to see tour wrong. You’ve been proven wrong. There is no more doubt to that. Please, it’s embaressing
The Dude Abides!

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:50 am

What’s embarrassing is remembering 4 years, forgetting 8 years and turning a blind eye to academic component that played a part in the decision. But as I said before if you can’t see both the bad and the good in those 12 years you got the syndrome.

Hens79

Post by Hens79 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:29 am

jd of de wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:50 am
What’s embarrassing is remembering 4 years, forgetting 8 years and turning a blind eye to academic component that played a part in the decision. But as I said before if you can’t see both the bad and the good in those 12 years you got the syndrome.
So we will put you in the camp of the “not so good” outweighed the good. Not a surprise. And no one turns a blind eye to the other 8 seasons including 7-4 seasons that are celebrated today by some with idiotic cheering about back to back 7 win seasons in a for the history books decades long record of failure.

And please, fill us in on the “ academic component”. No one has has. Ever. Not KT, not on social medial, not Brendan Muir ... you know ... who was the AD at the time that went on to Stanford .. you now ... the school that represents blending big time academics and athletics.

I know you guys railed about APR and other nonsense, and about Ross as well that never materialized. You guys simply believed the garbage the EZ and than DR whispered. Almost nobody does today, even those that might have believed some of it then. And BTW, that “academic component” graduated 33, that’s right 33 players in May 2012.

So just live in the world of the BHTC club where some of the insular, old guard gather and continue slapping yourselves on your backs and continue to look like foolish old men.

HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:16 am

So to the anti-Keeler crowd knowing what you know now, do you still think it was the right move to fire Keeler and in the manner and for the reasons he was?

This reminds me a lot of what the Mets are going through now. Rather than hire Joe Girardi, a baseball guy and a proven winner, and let him do his thing, they didn't want to upset Brody V, an agent acting as a GM, because he would no longer be able to call the shots. Now Girardi is going to turn the Phillies into a contender (just watch) and the Mets are the Mets. Delaware football reminds me a lot now of the New York Mets.

We had a winner, who was and wanted to be a Blue Hen for life, and now we are getting ready to dump another lame duck coach (who if he had won would have jumped ship) and the program has hit a new low...and yet still we have people on here who don't get it. It's like the Alt Jersey's and stadium upgrades. How long did it take before it finally sunk in that though the older generations (who no longer have eligibility) may not see the point, the kids we are recruiting and who we need to come here do. That's why almost every other team in FBS and FCS (JMU in particular) do it. It helps the program. JMU bought in, we did not. The results, much like Keeler's success at SHST vs Brock/Rocco, tell you all you need to know.
The Dude Abides!

exbluehenTE
UD Class: 2006

Post by exbluehenTE » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:58 pm

I think everyone misses the best thing Keeler brought to the table for all of his teams here at UD. The coaches that he brought in from coordinators to position coaches for the most part have left and become very successful. Everyone knocks him for his personality both on the field and off the field, but you cannot argue the fact that he could put together a coaching staff that could compete with any team in the country. For example, Kyle Flood (Alabama), Kirk Ciarocca (Penn St), Brian Ginn (Bears), Neal Brown (WVU), Nick Rapone (Cardinals), Jim Turner and the list can go on. I find it very difficult to watch the current UD teams because I feel like the coaching staff is not doing their part. They are not preparing these athletes to compete day in and day out. The inconsistency every week is tough to see. Do I think they need a new head coach? I can't answer that, but I do think Rocco needs to hold each of his coaches accountable for preparing their guys for game day. We are clearly being out coached and it needs to be addressed from the top down.