Missouri State's new coach

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Re: Missouri State's new coach

Post by tenn hen » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:31 pm

exbluehenTE wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:58 pm
I think everyone misses the best thing Keeler brought to the table for all of his teams here at UD. The coaches that he brought in from coordinators to position coaches for the most part have left and become very successful. Everyone knocks him for his personality both on the field and off the field, but you cannot argue the fact that he could put together a coaching staff that could compete with any team in the country. For example, Kyle Flood (Alabama), Kirk Ciarocca (Penn St), Brian Ginn (Bears), Neal Brown (WVU), Nick Rapone (Cardinals), Jim Turner and the list can go on. I find it very difficult to watch the current UD teams because I feel like the coaching staff is not doing their part. They are not preparing these athletes to compete day in and day out. The inconsistency every week is tough to see. Do I think they need a new head coach? I can't answer that, but I do think Rocco needs to hold each of his coaches accountable for preparing their guys for game day. We are clearly being out coached and it needs to be addressed from the top down.
if this guy is real( or not) he is saying what most of us have posted and have known. KC could recruit coaches even if he had personality issues and wasn't the best x and o guy. He gave us a number of great seasons which is not even in the future trajectory of this program. Our unhappiness and desire for wholesale change is driving this board's conversation each and every day. I expect the usual suspects will question his veracity and dig hard to determine his ID. Then they will unleash the attack dogs in an attempt to destroy his character-SOS.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:19 pm

exbluehenTE wrote:
I think everyone misses the best thing Keeler brought to the table for all of his teams here at UD. The coaches that he brought in from coordinators to position coaches for the most part have left and become very successful. Everyone knocks him for his personality both on the field and off the field, but you cannot argue the fact that he could put together a coaching staff that could compete with any team in the country. For example, Kyle Flood (Alabama), Kirk Ciarocca (Penn St), Brian Ginn (Bears), Neal Brown (WVU), Nick Rapone (Cardinals), Jim Turner and the list can go on. I find it very difficult to watch the current UD teams because I feel like the coaching staff is not doing their part. They are not preparing these athletes to compete day in and day out. The inconsistency every week is tough to see. Do I think they need a new head coach? I can't answer that, but I do think Rocco needs to hold each of his coaches accountable for preparing their guys for game day. We are clearly being out coached and it needs to be addressed from the top down.
Nobody has ever missed that point. KC has always been extremely successful by surrounding himself with a lot of talent on his staff. That was obviously not what Dave did and maybe a problem for Danny also.

I don't know all the crap that has been offered on here as I have intentionally skipped over the comments since I simply responded to an inaccurate percentage posted of games KC had won at Delaware. Apparently those facts caused the usual scramble to defend the former CEO.

It's beyond funny !

UD27

Post by UD27 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:42 pm

I'm going to try to take a shot at a reasonable explanation as to why there was and remains so much controversy relative to KC's tenure at Delaware. As I posted earlier, KC had an extremely tough act to follow, his highs were very high, but the lows were frequent. When he had the talent KC produced, three title game appearances in eleven years was no small achievement, particularly when that was accomplished during the years when both the CAA and the FCS in general were extremely competitive. KC had is detractors as well as his supporters and his time at UD could be viewed as a glass half full or half empty scenario. If you highly valued those title run years, the glass was half full, if you valued quality consistency, the glass was half empty. Those fans who valued consistency looked to Tubby's record of regularly producing quality seasons... in his 36 yrs TR had 23 seasons with 8 or more wins. That's 64% of his teams winning 8+ games. By comparison, KC produced only 4 seasons of 8+ wins in his 11 years. That's just 36%. However the fans who valued title runs, could point to his one championship and two runner ups in just 11 years as over riding his inconsistency.

So beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. Regardless of your position, there's no doubt that all Hen fans would love to have either the Tubby or the KC years back in a heartbeat over the disaster that UD football has become over the past decade.
"the best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" Winston Churchill

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:56 pm

UD27- Your suggestion is reasonable & logical for sure. But, it's not the difference in opinions that is irritating & controversial. It's those individuals who seem to want to deny others who differ with them their right to their own opinions . The personal attacks along with a barrage of KC's accomplishments come with every post that is not in lock step with their viewpoint.

Keeler's record is his record. If you or anyone else liked it then yippie yeah! But, it wasn't close to 75% at UD as I so noted.

For a message board who beats down their own coaches and administration on a regular basis it appears the hero worshipers of Keeler will endure until the death of gohens. Just don't expect those of us who respect his accomplishments yet acknowledge his failures to genuflect.

wacko4flacco
UD Class: 1990

Post by wacko4flacco » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:03 pm

Henzone wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:56 pm
UD27- Your suggestion is reasonable & logical for sure. But, it's not the difference in opinions that is irritating & controversial. It's those individuals who seem to want to deny others who differ with them their right to their own opinions . The personal attacks along with a barrage of KC's accomplishments come with every post that is not in lock step with their viewpoint.

Keeler's record is his record. If you or anyone else liked it then yippie yeah! But, it wasn't close to 75% at UD as I so noted.

For a message board who beats down their own coaches and administration on a regular basis it appears the hero worshipers of Keeler will endure until the death of gohens. Just don't expect those of us who respect his accomplishments yet acknowledge his failures to genuflect.

Lookout! Lightning above!!!
Chrissi Rawak for President 2020

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:12 pm

Henzone wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:56 pm

Look in the mirror bucco regarding personal attacks and offering a “barrage” of negatives. But you can post whatever you want and so can other folks. Just quit whinning about what others post.

And administrations and coaches that have produced the results at UD these last many years deserve to be beaten down and have their fans walk away, They are lucky to have the fans they do.

And 27, sure has one thing right. UD would love to have the results of either or both Tubby or KC compared to the absolute, consistent crap we have seen lately, No amount of denial or deflection should change that but with some folks, I am not so sure.

mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:31 pm

Another useless discussion about KC, who attacks whom, and a thread about a new coach at Missouri State hijacked to talk about past history. It will never end😂

Bandwagon

Post by Bandwagon » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:23 pm

exbluehenTE wrote:
Everyone knocks him for his personality both on the field and off the field
exbluehenTE, as a first time poster, I don’t mean any disrespect but… “Everyone”? … that’s a generalization that seems unwarranted. The “everyone” you refer to is the old guard (mostly Henzone) on this board that hated KC from day 1. ANYTHING he did was scrutinized and judged against Tubby who would have never survived the internet/message board age with all of his quirks.

KC’s personality managed to have sell out crowds at his radio shows, put an average of 20,000 fans in the stands for game day (until seat licensing was implemented), perpetuate the Delaware tradition, generate excitement, and he always made himself available to the fans, media, alums and community without hesitation. He conducts himself professionally, has an outgoing personality, lots of energy, is a master recruiter (players and coaches) and a confident guy who told us up front he’s here to win a National Championship… attributes that have been sorely lacking at UD since his departure.

This “everyone” that you speak of only feeds into the saboteur rhetoric of a few… please don’t open that door for them (him), they (he) will gladly come stampeding through jumping at the opportunity to protect Tubby’s legacy and denigrate KC’s.

Bandwagon

Post by Bandwagon » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:34 pm

tenn hen wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:31 pm
KC could recruit coaches even if he had personality issues and wasn't the best x and o guy.
tenn hen… KC was just named one of the 150 Greatest Coaches In College Football History... an honor chosen by an ESPN Blue-Ribbon Panel of 150 media members, administrators, and former players and coaches. This panel chose him over 90 current Hall of Fame coaches... an independent panel of experts looked at every HC in college football history and recognized KC’s incredible career- A. HOF career!

He obviously is a great evaluator of X’s and O’s and is able to recruit coaches to work for him that are as well.

Geeezzz… all the pontificating on this board is relentless. Bottom line, we were lucky to have him and it has never been more evident than in today’s climate of UD football.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:06 am

mpwerrell wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:31 pm
Another useless discussion about KC, who attacks whom, and a thread about a new coach at Missouri State hijacked to talk about past history. It will never end😂
If Danny gets booted after this season then KC would be the logical choice to return to the throne in Newark.

At least you and I would then have somebody on the staff who would interact at practice. I do miss that.

You never know !!!!!

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:07 am

Nice job as usual Band. And no matter the near 20 years of attacks starting on Day One from some of the old guard, there are no asterisks for that ESPN Top 150 list just like there will be none for the Hall of Fame plague.

But I do agree with Henzone that KC would a the logical choice to replace a dethroned Danny. It would bring instant life back to the program. And if UD just gave him the keys and said fix it and get UD back to a championship game, it’d get done. But I bet UD wouldn’t even consider it. The old guard still has influence. Heck, UD couldn’t even mention the ESPN Top 150 on their website. Oh well .......

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:54 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:34 pm
tenn hen wrote:
KC could recruit coaches even if he had personality issues and wasn't the best x and o guy.
tenn hen wrote:
exbluehenTE wrote:
if this guy is real( or not) he is saying what most of us have posted and have known. KC could recruit coaches even if he had personality issues and wasn't the best x and o guy. He gave us a number of great seasons which is not even in the future trajectory of this program. Our unhappiness and desire for wholesale change is driving this board's conversation each and every day. I expect the usual suspects will question his veracity and dig hard to determine his ID. Then they will unleash the attack dogs in an attempt to destroy his character-SOS.
tenn hen… KC was just named one of the 150 Greatest Coaches In College Football History... an honor chosen by an ESPN Blue-Ribbon Panel of 150 media members, administrators, and former players and coaches. This panel chose him over 90 current Hall of Fame coaches... an independent panel of experts looked at every HC in college football history and recognized KC’s incredible career- A. HOF career!

He obviously is a great evaluator of X’s and O’s and is able to recruit coaches to work for him that are as well.

Geeezzz… all the pontificating on this board is relentless. Bottom line, we were lucky to have him and it has never been more evident than in today’s climate of UD football.
OK?? So you go of on a rant supporting KC's greatness :lol: which has been discussed ad nauseum for years. I'm extremely happy that he was our head coach and produced some great seasons for all of us fans, but he was(is) not perfect. Those national championship games kept us proud and were a great achievement just like at Rowan.

If you believe that KC "obviously was a great evaluator of x's and o's", then you don't have a clue about this sport. My post praised him, but pointed that he, like all of us, had his flaws( one example- not double teaming EWU's Kaufman wr in the 2nd half in 2010 which will be stuck in my consciousness forever ). x's and o's????? come on man!!

I'll leave it at that. Just ask others about this subject in a few pms. just let the KC issue rest
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens