Cubit

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UD77
UD Class: 0

Cubit

Post by UD77 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:49 pm

According to UD site he is stepping down from the team. Does not say retirement or if he is going somewhere else

Henzone

Re: Cubit

Post by Henzone » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:57 pm

UD77 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:49 pm
According to UD site he is stepping down from the team. Does not say retirement or if he is going somewhere else
It's been in the plans for some time. Retirement is what he suggested then.

Udforever1
UD Class: 1900

Post by Udforever1 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:37 pm

From the article...

“ Cubit later told The News Journal in a text message that he is not retiring and if another worthwhile coaching opportunity was available he would consider it.”

Talks about how happy he is all year to be home and then resigns. Not the staff shakeup that we needed.

Hensfansince03
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hensfansince03 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:53 pm

Ugh. :cry:

Guess he wanted to get out of the dumpster before it becomes fully engulfed in flames.
Udforever1 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:37 pm
From the article...

“ Cubit later told The News Journal in a text message that he is not retiring and if another worthwhile coaching opportunity was available he would consider it.”

Talks about how happy he is all year to be home and then resigns. Not the staff shakeup that we needed.

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:01 pm

something smells rotten in Denmark.... or in this case Newark......
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

wacko4flacco
UD Class: 1990

Post by wacko4flacco » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:07 pm

Tresolini just reported Cosh signed a 5 year extension............
Chrissi Rawak for President 2020

HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:59 pm

I want you guys to all go back to the first three and a half (and that’s all he had) years of Brock. You will find the same absolute refusal to see things for how they are instead of what you want them to be. The days when coaches shared things with boosters (and I’m quite certain it wasn’t all that much to begin with) are long gone. The staff I’m sure are more than happy to tell whose ever asking what, whatever they want to here. I’m as sure of this as I am that in the coaches’ room there’s a sign that reads, “Treat the fans like growing mushrooms, feed them $h!t and keep them in the dark.” Go ahead and look back at some of these Einstein’s arguments. You’ll detect a pattern. They can’t see, they only listen.

The program is stuck with a lame duck and I don’t blame Cubit for not wanting to watch another sinking ship of a season.

Other than that things are great. I hear Coach Rocco tips well at the local driving range.
The Dude Abides!

rooneyguy
UD Class: 1988

Post by rooneyguy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:16 pm

Rocco did not want someone around who is qualified to be a mid-season replacement when he goes 1-4?

chapelstwasted
UD Class: 1987

Post by chapelstwasted » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:21 pm

There's going to be a new AD pretty soon. Between the bad football & the WAC construction. A 2 story building that should have been completed by now. Cubit is leaving because Rocco is recruiting D3 players in Western PA.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:41 pm

Udforever1 wrote:
From the article...

Quite a drop from Head Coach at Illinois to RB coach at UD. The man was under utilized from his first day back in Newark. His knowledge and personality will be missed by both fans & players. A smart team may pick him up and gave him a real chance to contribute more than he was asked to with the Blue Hens.
Last edited by Henzone on Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:47 pm

Henzone wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:41 pm
Udforever1 wrote:
From the article...

Quite a drop from Head Coach at Illinois to RB coach at UD. The man was underutilized from his first day back in Newark. His knowledge and personality will be missed by both fans & players. A smart team may pick him up and gave him a real chance to contribute more than he was asked to with the Blue Hens.
Coaches don’t get to contribute as much as they could and should as well as players. A sad tale describing how stubborn Danny runs the show. I talked to several BH football lifers tonight and that was the general consensus.

C’mon Chrissy. Just fire him. You know it is the right thing to do. Or are you going to blown town and leave it up to someone else?

Oh .. and what’s up with the WAC? It could have been built twice by now?????

Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:18 pm

Wishing Coach Cubit nothing but the best. I hope he finds whatever it is he is looking for. He will always be part of the Blue Hen family. God Bless! Wayne Hanby

Hensfansince03
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hensfansince03 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:22 pm

He is looking for a coach to work with who is not as hard headed, stubborn, and stuck in the 70s era of football as DR is.

He jumped off the ship he saw sinking fast.

This is the off season where I am the least excited about UD football since 2002.
Maddog@76 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:18 pm
Wishing Coach Cubit nothing but the best. I hope he finds whatever it is he is looking for. He will always be part of the Blue Hen family. God Bless! Wayne Hanby

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:05 am

Hensfansince03 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:22 pm
He is looking for a coach to work with who is not as hard headed, stubborn, and stuck in the 70s era of football as DR is.

He jumped off the ship he saw sinking fast.

This is the off season where I am the least excited about UD football since 2002.
Maddog@76 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:18 pm

I call BS once again. If he was offered the Head Coach or OC position my guess is he would still stick around.

Firstand10BlueHens
UD Class: 2005

Post by Firstand10BlueHens » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:19 am

Maybe his comment to KT was a sly way of waiting in the wings for the call from UD in Sept if things don't start out well and Rocco is canned. But he'll probably get scooped up somewhere before then.