Monitoring

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
mpwerrell

Monitoring

Post by mpwerrell » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:19 am

Thank you Hensrock et. al. for the tighter enforcement of the existing policy. It is a great reminder that we are all here to support the Hens and share opinions in a respectful manner.
Thanks again and Go Hens!!

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Re: Monitoring

Post by tenn hen » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:34 am

Hensrock-I could send you a pm but felt this should be put out there foe ALL to view now that the entire thread has been removed probably by the insistence of certain posters referenced below. Why weren't the gang bullying uncivil comments removed first? There is apparently a clear bias in favor of our "spin doctors". They even have the audacity to put forth another spin thread with this NEW topic heading and the quote below:

mpwerrell wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:19 am
Thank you Hensrock et. al. for the tighter enforcement of the existing policy. It is a great reminder that we are all here to support the Hens and share opinions in a respectful manner.
Thanks again and Go Hens!!
this comment by mpw was the same slanted response to any OPINION that doesn't support or dares question the company line of HZ,JD DE, and MPWERRELL and a few other members who have annointed themselves the TRUTH PATROL!! This quote supports their spin as righteous and indirectly
demeans my response to their "respectful manner"- BS!

My response this morning was positive and took the high road in not attacking these guys who work in concert. It took some willpower to resist when I was personally challenged with their derogatory slurs.

gohens is OUR board and all of our OPINIONS are valid and need to be seen unless they get Personal!!

please allow my post to remain here since it is a fair response IMHO!
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:57 am

HR- I appreciate that my post is still viewable.

All I'm focused on now(UD wise) is the game tonight. Can't wait to see us grab that bball and take off to the finals!

mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:30 pm

I apologize to the message board monitors if you have thought any of my posts did not fit into the forum rules. I am acquainted with HenJohn and I believe he knows what type of person I am.

I do not post often as you can see, 398 in 15 years.

My post regarding monitoring was truthful and heartfelt. It was not demeaning to anyone and not posted in conjunction with or consultation with any other posters. The post had no hidden meaning or purpose other than to sincerely thank the Board monitors for their vigilance. It was certainly not a "spin thread".

I will continue to occasionally post and hope that my comments are not misinterpreted or misrepresented. The best direction for me is to ignore some posters completely so that, when I express my opinion' a firestorm of accusations do not begin again.

I will begin some overviews and observations of spring practice and perhaps a preview later today.

Thanks to all the monitors for what you guys do and GO HENS!!

Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

Post by Baltimore Hen » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:05 pm

Did I miss something?
In ROCCO I Have Great Concern!

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:19 pm

Mr. Mark- You need not apologize for your continued honest and informative input. Tenn will continue to rant, rave and make obvious wild azz statements just to participate in whatever discussions he can weasel into. When that doesn't gain the attention he feels is warranted he will go into attack mode. Or, maybe there really is a conspiracy to make him look like a fool???

See you at the practice field.

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:01 pm

just catching a late lunch and checked in to find:
Henzone wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:19 pm
Mr. Mark- You need not apologize for your continued honest and informative input. Tenn will continue to rant, rave and make obvious wild azz statements just to participate in whatever discussions he can weasel into. When that doesn't gain the attention he feels is warranted he will go into attack mode. Or, maybe there really is a conspiracy to make him look like a fool???

See you at the practice field.
THERE YOU GO AGAIN :wink: -looking like a "fool" - generally I refrain from fools, but not with your BS! :(
I won't let you get away with your "bully" pulpit garbage. :( That's a fact jack. It's time you moved out of the schoolyard and learned civility. :(
Most on this board do except when you go off on one of your self righteous rants. :(

Now on to the joy of a semi-final contest with all of us rooting for our guys. :D

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:25 pm

I’m glad to see more monitoring; thanks to those that stepped up.
Last edited by jd of de on Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:38 pm

Mark, you have nothing to apologise for and are as sensible a poster as we have. Looking forward to seeing your Practice reports.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:47 pm

We aren't off to a good start here immediately after Hensrocks posting. Let's pull it back and keep things civil going forward. Some of you don't like each other for various reasons and that's fine but please utilize the Ignore option or avoid the customary spit balling. You have each made your feelings known so let's get back the the actual exchange of information and opinions in a civil manner. Thanks.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:00 pm

I'm positively done if HZ cools his rude remarks. I don't like to hit back, but ......

Super Chicken
UD Class: 1900

Post by Super Chicken » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:18 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:47 pm
We aren't off to a good start here immediately after Hensrocks posting. Let's pull it back and keep things civil going forward. Some of you don't like each other for various reasons and that's fine but please utilize the Ignore option or avoid the customary spit balling. You have each made your feelings known so let's get back the the actual exchange of information and opinions in a civil manner. Thanks.
I

I had been following this board for many, many years preceding my entry as an occasional poster. As our beloved football program has drifted into an also ran mess in the last decade, I have been quite concerned with the trolling that has become a major part of the posts. It is obvious that many former posters have decided not to participate any more and that has been made worse with the passing of some of our most beloved BLUE HEN posters.

I commend GoHens for taking this strong position to help bring back more interest and civility on this board. The crickets I have been hearing on this board for some time has led me to only occasionally even open up the site. I hope that a more careful review and rebuke of the offending parties will help bring back some increased member participation. Just my humble opinion!!

GO BLUE!!!!

Rchenfan

Post by Rchenfan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:29 am

As probably one of the younger posters (just a guess) who has been posting over the years (several different variations of the same name but i kept changing emails and forgetting passwords) I am happy to see more monitoring. This board has become a microcosm of our world and our society. As people get more and more comfortable with simply being a screen name the vitriol increases and the attacks get personal. Yet, when someone tries to censor the garbage or nonsense people start yelling free speech or blaming one side or the other of whatever opinion is being argued. The reality is, if you wouldn't say it in person to someones face why do you feel comfortable saying it on a message board.

Someone once criticized me for an honest opinion of a player on this site. As someone who has coached and played around multiple D1 baseball players I will tell you any criticism I may have ever had I would say directly to the player if given the opportunity. At the end of the day I hope they all enjoy their time here and reach whatever heights they are willing to work for, however discussing their on field ability respectfully I think is fair game. Same with the posters, I wish all well and good health but if you would say something in person I'd be willing to bet you should hit the backspace button and delete what your about to post.

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:11 am

A lot of truth to what you say Rchenfan.

So I will lead; JD of DE
John Dollmeyer
MOT area of Delaware
President/Member of the BHTC
Season Ticket Holder
Practice go’er
Away game go’er
UDAF Donor

When we meet you are welcome to call me JD; most Blue Hens do.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:15 am

As an elderly white male with no underlying health issues who is now quarantined at Kates drinking Corona by the pitcher hoping to develop an immunity to the virus , I would like to apologize to all the young Blue Hen fans who have been chased off this site by the actions of a bunch of nincompoops.

We badly need young fans and I encourage you to not only ignore the apparent arrogant , demanding know it alls but to contribute regularly with the consistent enthusiasm that this board seriously lacks.

The personal attacks WILL end, and the negativism will eventually be squelched by your strong participation.

Welcome Young Hens !