Coaches

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
BlueHenBill
Posts: 6979
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:30 am

Coaches

Post by BlueHenBill » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:54 pm

1. Does DL Coach Belin coach both the DTds & the DEs? IMHO thye afre two significantly different positions and maybe should have separate coaches like Inside & Outside LBers.

2. Who coaches the SAFs since no one is idetified on the website with that responsibility (unless it is the unlisted DC Rojas).

exbluehenTE
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:08 pm
UD Class: 2006

Re: Coaches

Post by exbluehenTE » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:17 pm

Answering point 1....a DL coach coaches both DE and DT. Even the likes of Alabama have one coach specified to DL. Both positions work on pass rush, run defense, double teams, etc. So coaching them is not as different as one would think.

User avatar
Henny
Posts: 2843
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:02 pm
UD Class: 1985
Location: Newark De.

Re: Coaches

Post by Henny » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:22 pm

It was already announced that Coach Legg will move from LBs to take over the Safeties where he has previous coaching experience.
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

User avatar
HENJOHN
Posts: 9054
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:24 pm
UD Class: 1981
Location: Bear & Ocean View, Delaware

Re: Coaches

Post by HENJOHN » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:03 am

I wish we still had Cubit but I like our staff now especially the Coordinators. Let's hope we get to see them in action this season.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

SirCluck
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:38 pm
UD Class: 1900

Re: Coaches

Post by SirCluck » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:36 am

I think the problem is not necessarily the pass rush coach. But we need true edge rusher personnel

BlueHenBill
Posts: 6979
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:30 am

Re: Coaches

Post by BlueHenBill » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:26 pm

Henny wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:22 pm
It was already announced that Coach Legg will move from LBs to take over the Safeties where he has previous coaching experience.
Sorry, I either missed or forgot that. :oops: So -

1. Is Legg still Special Teams Coordinator and, if not, who assumes that responsibility?

2. Legg was also Outside LBers coach. Does that responsibility go to Coach Rich Yahner, thereby combining the coaching of both Inside & Outside LBers under one coach or how will the LBer coaching be otherwise assigned? If both with Yahner, should Inside & Outside Lbers be separatley coached due to their disparate responsibilities & techniques?

BlueHenBill
Posts: 6979
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:30 am

Re: Coaches

Post by BlueHenBill » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:32 pm

SirCluck wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:36 am
I think the problem is not necessarily the pass rush coach. But we need true edge rusher personnel
Partially agree but partially disagree. As previously commented by at least a few posters, last season's DL didn't appear to know how to use their hands to generate a pass rush, the DL appeared to be lined-up too far off the ball, and there was scant evidence of the deployment of twists & other stunts to generate an effecitve pass rush. If there is any vaidity to those criticisms and since the DL coach is a holdover, it would appear that the DL will need an entirely different coaching approach if they are to generate a successful pass rush & achieve overall success at the LOS.

mpwerrell
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: Coaches

Post by mpwerrell » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:59 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:26 pm
Henny wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:22 pm
It was already announced that Coach Legg will move from LBs to take over the Safeties where he has previous coaching experience.
Sorry, I either missed or forgot that. :oops: So -

1. Is Legg still Special Teams Coordinator and, if not, who assumes that responsibility?

2. Legg was also Outside LBers coach. Does that responsibility go to Coach Rich Yahner, thereby combining the coaching of both Inside & Outside LBers under one coach or how will the LBer coaching be otherwise assigned? If both with Yahner, should Inside & Outside Lbers be separatley coached due to their disparate responsibilities & techniques?
1. Legg is still the STC.
2. DC Rojas is coaching the linebackers with Yahner.

User avatar
72 Hen
Recruiting Specialist
Recruiting Specialist
Posts: 5830
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:00 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

Re: Coaches

Post by 72 Hen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:25 pm

DEFENSE ... I want to see an entirely different defensive mentality. Play aggressive... Put our best players in situations where they can make big plays. I hope that Coach Rocco will allow our new DC the freedom to do this.

OFFENSE... I like the offensive mind of Ambrose. I think it is a big plus that our first team QB and our second team QB are similar. To me it seemed like two different systems last year. One for the big slow lefty and a different one for the quick little righty. With similar QB's we can practice one UNPREDICTABLE offensive system. Again I hope Coach Rocco allows an aggressive offense.
"Hit Soooooooooomebody"

User avatar
jd of de
Posts: 5709
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Coaches

Post by jd of de » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:38 pm

I want to win.

The rest of this “I want to see” means nothing to me if that’s achieved.

User avatar
Henzone
Posts: 10949
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:42 am

Re: Coaches

Post by Henzone » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:28 am

jd of de wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:38 pm
I want to win.

The rest of this “I want to see” means nothing to me if that’s achieved.
With you JD. I don't care if we run the single wing and 8 man front on D .
Image

User avatar
wacko4flacco
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:03 pm
UD Class: 1990

Re: Coaches

Post by wacko4flacco » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:51 am

Let’s just hope there IS a football season. That would mean the world would get back on its axis.

These are strange times and football is not high on the priority list.
Chrissi Rawak for President 2020

User avatar
HENJOHN
Posts: 9054
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:24 pm
UD Class: 1981
Location: Bear & Ocean View, Delaware

Re: Coaches

Post by HENJOHN » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:13 am

wacko4flacco wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:51 am
Let’s just hope there IS a football season. That would mean the world would get back on its axis.

These are strange times and football is not high on the priority list.
AMEN. I will be thrilled if we even play.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

Hens79
Posts: 3648
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:23 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Coaches

Post by Hens79 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:37 am

HENJOHN wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:13 am
wacko4flacco wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:51 am
Let’s just hope there IS a football season. That would mean the world would get back on its axis.

These are strange times and football is not high on the priority list.
AMEN. I will be thrilled if we even play.
Amen is right. My bet is there will be no football along with many things we take for granted even today. It is rapidly getting worse by the day as the disease spreads and more get tested. We are rapidly becoming Italy except for the mandatory lockdowns. Do what you can which is finally take this seriously and practice extreme social distancing.
Last edited by Hens79 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jd of de
Posts: 5709
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Coaches

Post by jd of de » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:40 am

Clearwater Beach yesterday

https://images.app.goo.gl/iPkMXAaYrLEHKe2g6

There won’t be a football season of scenes like that continue.

Post Reply