Will the WAC be delayed??

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
hens4life
Posts: 1803
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:48 am
UD Class: 0

Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by hens4life » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:18 am

I heard a rumor (hope not true) that the WAC could be delayed! Closing the construction site due to
the WuhanCoronaVirus...

Any Insider Intel???

UDPat
Posts: 2259
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by UDPat » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:50 am

I have no intel but

if true: That would be a prudent sound decision.

And I'll be real: Anybody who would have an issue if the decision was to stop construction would be nothing more in the words of Howard Eskin, "An idiot, moron and a dope"!!!!

Priorities people, Priorities!!!!
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

User avatar
Henny
Posts: 2844
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:02 pm
UD Class: 1985
Location: Newark De.

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Henny » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:04 am

Boy, they better tell them at the site. Busy as ever!
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

User avatar
HENJOHN
Posts: 9055
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:24 pm
UD Class: 1981
Location: Bear & Ocean View, Delaware

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by HENJOHN » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:16 am

Yeah, there's a TON of activity there today.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

User avatar
Info Hound
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:16 am

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Info Hound » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:26 am

Positive proof that all internet rumors may not be factual.

Hopefully, everybody, including the construction crew, stay safe.

User avatar
Gannonfan
Posts: 9286
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:25 am
UD Class: 1995
Location: Harleysville, PA

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Gannonfan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:48 am

Don't see any reason to stop the work. Plenty of businesses are still finding ways to be in business during this time (as I type this from my place of business). It's a construction site, it's pretty easy to keep 6 ft distance most of the time from most of the workers. People still need to pay bills and doing work like this allows them to keep getting a paycheck. If and when someone does become sick who's been working on the site or becomes exposed, there are steps that can be taken to temporarily stop work and to clean the area as well. It's not business as usual, but it is business in the time of corona.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

UDPat
Posts: 2259
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by UDPat » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:03 am

I don't want it closed but I'd understand.

Wilmington was a ghost town by 5pm yesterday and while I can still go into the office, most are WFH, there were 2 on my floor yesterday out of 100 or so and we have 13 floors of employees.

We all want the world to go on as normal as possible but if drastic measures are needed, I'm all for it.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

User avatar
Gannonfan
Posts: 9286
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:25 am
UD Class: 1995
Location: Harleysville, PA

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Gannonfan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:51 am

Like I said, if it's needed. I work in a manufacturing plant, those who can do their job working from home (sales, indirect management, etc) are already doing it. Those that have to be here to do their work are here and they're doing their work keeping the right amount of social distancing along with regular intervals of disinfecting common areas. That's suitable at this point to allow the work to continue while also being cognizant of absolute need to mitigate chances of spreading the virus. If you can do both then by all means do both.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

UDPat
Posts: 2259
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by UDPat » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:46 am

State wide shutdown, 2 weeks starting Sunday. That's what I'm hearing
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

Youdee Blues
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:48 pm
UD Class: 1996
Location: Lewes, DE

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Youdee Blues » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:15 pm

Andrew Cuomo just signed an executive order mandating that 100% of workforces must stay home in NY (excluding pharmacies, grocery stores, and some others.)

UDPat, I'd think it may be coming before Sunday......

hens4life
Posts: 1803
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:48 am
UD Class: 0

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by hens4life » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:25 pm

Youdee Blues wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:15 pm
Andrew Cuomo just signed an executive order mandating that 100% of workforces must stay home in NY (excluding pharmacies, grocery stores, and some others.)

UDPat, I'd think it may be coming before Sunday......
PA shut down all businesses last night at 8PM with Law enforcement beginning Saturday.

As Carney is a follower & not a leader, expect the announcement by the end of today
with enforcement starting Sunday/Monday.

User avatar
jd of de
Posts: 5709
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by jd of de » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:32 pm

As Ronnie would say, “there you go again”

User avatar
Gannonfan
Posts: 9286
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:25 am
UD Class: 1995
Location: Harleysville, PA

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Gannonfan » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:32 pm

hens4life wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:25 pm
Youdee Blues wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:15 pm
Andrew Cuomo just signed an executive order mandating that 100% of workforces must stay home in NY (excluding pharmacies, grocery stores, and some others.)

UDPat, I'd think it may be coming before Sunday......
PA shut down all businesses last night at 8PM with Law enforcement beginning Saturday.

As Carney is a follower & not a leader, expect the announcement by the end of today
with enforcement starting Sunday/Monday.
I agree, I think DE is surely going to follow PA's lead. And that means construction crews are shutdown for the foreseeable future. I'm still working, even with Wolf's pronouncement - plastic manufacturer here (ePTFE) and they are considered part of the life-essential businesses (we do make stuff that ends up in ostomy bags and such) so business as usual, just a lot less traffic and a lot more cleaning of the offices. Still wonder when the executive orders come down that all mortgages and other loan payments are put on hold too - can't keep all these people out of work and still expect them to pay their bills. Details.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

UDPat
Posts: 2259
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by UDPat » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:20 pm

Gannonfan wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:32 pm
hens4life wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:25 pm
Youdee Blues wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:15 pm
Andrew Cuomo just signed an executive order mandating that 100% of workforces must stay home in NY (excluding pharmacies, grocery stores, and some others.)

UDPat, I'd think it may be coming before Sunday......
PA shut down all businesses last night at 8PM with Law enforcement beginning Saturday.

As Carney is a follower & not a leader, expect the announcement by the end of today
with enforcement starting Sunday/Monday.
I agree, I think DE is surely going to follow PA's lead. And that means construction crews are shutdown for the foreseeable future. I'm still working, even with Wolf's pronouncement - plastic manufacturer here (ePTFE) and they are considered part of the life-essential businesses (we do make stuff that ends up in ostomy bags and such) so business as usual, just a lot less traffic and a lot more cleaning of the offices. Still wonder when the executive orders come down that all mortgages and other loan payments are put on hold too - can't keep all these people out of work and still expect them to pay their bills. Details.
Spent over 20years in polypropylene and a few in Polyethylene.

I heard this thru the construction industry. I cannot confirm it's true
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

Hens79
Posts: 3646
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:23 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Hens79 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:57 pm

The reason states are doing this, and it should be done nationwide, is that some of the modeling projections, including one from a world renowned British epidemiologist and modeler of infectious diseases are frightening. Dr Neil Ferguson, from the Imperial College of London just a few days ago predicted between 1-2 MILLION people could die in the US unless drastic social distancing measures took place. Just google his name. There are several articles that aren’t fake news. That doesn’t mean it will happen, but predictions like that can’t be ignored either. And with the delayed and bumbling Federal response, the states are basically on their own now.

Post Reply