Will the WAC be delayed??

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Henweigh
Posts: 1728
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:00 pm
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Henweigh » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:29 pm

I read that. Very interesting article.

As for this:
Hens79 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:57 pm
And with the delayed and bumbling Federal response, the states are basically on their own now.
Fake news. The federal government is working with each and every governor on this. And doing what is required.

Anyway, just got off the phone with a county employee in permits/licensing. Sunday is the time for a shutdown.
Keepin' it real.

User avatar
Henzone
Posts: 10949
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:42 am

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Henzone » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:30 pm

hens4life wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:25 pm
Youdee Blues wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:15 pm
Andrew Cuomo just signed an executive order mandating that 100% of workforces must stay home in NY (excluding pharmacies, grocery stores, and some others.)

UDPat, I'd think it may be coming before Sunday......
PA shut down all businesses last night at 8PM with Law enforcement beginning Saturday.

As Carney is a follower & not a leader, expect the announcement by the end of today
with enforcement starting Sunday/Monday.
The decision was made by the Governor almost a week ago but your result is indeed correct.
Image

hens4life
Posts: 1803
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:48 am
UD Class: 0

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by hens4life » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:47 pm

Henzone wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:30 pm
hens4life wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:25 pm
Youdee Blues wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:15 pm
Andrew Cuomo just signed an executive order mandating that 100% of workforces must stay home in NY (excluding pharmacies, grocery stores, and some others.)

UDPat, I'd think it may be coming before Sunday......
PA shut down all businesses last night at 8PM with Law enforcement beginning Saturday.

As Carney is a follower & not a leader, expect the announcement by the end of today
with enforcement starting Sunday/Monday.
The decision was made by the Governor almost a week ago but your result is indeed correct.
RIGHT... 🙄

Hens79
Posts: 3648
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:23 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Hens79 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:57 pm

Henweigh wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:29 pm
I read that. Very interesting article.

As for this:
Hens79 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:57 pm
And with the delayed and bumbling Federal response, the states are basically on their own now.
Fake news. The federal government is working with each and every governor on this. And doing what is required.

Anyway, just got off the phone with a county employee in permits/licensing. Sunday is the time for a shutdown.
For sure the start was delayed. That is a no doubt about it. The Director of CDC met with Chinese officials on 3 January. That was mentioned in today’s press conference. So no fake news there. It is now 20 March and health care officials and Governors are begging for ventilators and PPE. That is “what is required.” We had the China and Italy experiences right before our eyes and dithered, denied and lied. And now here we are today, finally starting to work with the states, after they took the lead.

User avatar
Gannonfan
Posts: 9286
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:25 am
UD Class: 1995
Location: Harleysville, PA

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Gannonfan » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:23 pm

Hens79 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:57 pm
Henweigh wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:29 pm
I read that. Very interesting article.

As for this:
Hens79 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:57 pm
And with the delayed and bumbling Federal response, the states are basically on their own now.
Fake news. The federal government is working with each and every governor on this. And doing what is required.

Anyway, just got off the phone with a county employee in permits/licensing. Sunday is the time for a shutdown.
For sure the start was delayed. That is a no doubt about it. The Director of CDC met with Chinese officials on 3 January. That was mentioned in today’s press conference. So no fake news there. It is now 20 March and health care officials and Governors are begging for ventilators and PPE. That is “what is required.” We had the China and Italy experiences right before our eyes and dithered, denied and lied. And now here we are today, finally starting to work with the states, after they took the lead.
Not to create too much of an argument, but even the WHO was saying in mid January (Jan 14th) that there was no evidence of person to person transmission.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
Info Hound
Posts: 1525
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:16 am

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Info Hound » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:00 pm

Info Hound wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:26 am
Positive proof that all internet rumors may not be factual.

Hopefully, everybody, including the construction crew, stay safe.
This post of mine may not have aged well.

User avatar
Henny
Posts: 2843
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:02 pm
UD Class: 1985
Location: Newark De.

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Henny » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:25 am

They're working today.....
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

User avatar
Henzone
Posts: 10949
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:42 am

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Henzone » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:13 am

Henny wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:25 am
They're working today.....
Unfortunately it's not a matter of if things will cease across the state, it's when . It's been about a week since that internal decision was made and everyone involved is on alert. The Gov just has to throw the switch. :cry:
Image

User avatar
Info Hound
Posts: 1525
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:16 am

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Info Hound » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:36 am

At a certain point, stopping virtually all economic activity, has the potential to kill the "patient".

Sort of like bloodletting in past centuries.

BlueHenBobby
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:43 pm
UD Class: 1975
Location: Birdsboro, Pa.

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by BlueHenBobby » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:58 am

Let's address the elephant in the room. I'm betting there is a strong possibility of no football at all this fall (college or pro), so whether the WAC is delayed or not is almost small potatoes here. The peak in current spread of the disease has yet to occur but is likely to happen within the next month. If the current measures work at "flattening the curve" we may see a lull in the number of cases. History will tell you that there is a reasonable likelihood this will make a comeback in the fall. I love football, but the priority is public health. This will likely not abate until a vaccine is broadly available or a drug treatment makes it through the approval process. That won't happen until next year. Before I take the requisite beating here let me say what my background is- I am a licensed registered pharmacist and a pharmacologist (and a UD Chemist). I got a year of micro curriculum and lab in pharmacy school. Worked in Pharma for 34 years developing new drugs and transferring them. Trained in micro techniques for cleaning validation. Worked on sterile product manufacture as well. In early retirement I set up and ran a micro lab for a craft brewer- did all the sampling, prep and reads........... So I'm not just blowing this out my butt. The possibility of no football this fall is real and likely a prudent decision.

Hens79
Posts: 3648
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:23 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Hens79 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:27 am

Info Hound wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:36 am
At a certain point, stopping virtually all economic activity, has the potential to kill the "patient".

Sort of like bloodletting in past centuries.

Well, we aren’t close to a “certain point” yet, especially since most states have not gotten on board. We need to do it all at the same time. The evidence from not doing so in Italy and now Spain is real and catastrophic.

We have enough GNP and GDP in this country to weather the economic calamity after we get the health calamity heading in the right direction. Need to work both at the same time, with immediate life and health being number 1.

And great post BHB! You have laid out a very likely outcome.

User avatar
Info Hound
Posts: 1525
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:16 am

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Info Hound » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:42 am

The cascading effect of the declining economic activity will become devastating for many millions of citizens, affecting even those that feel safe with certain guaranteed sources of income.

That does not mean that we give an "all clear". In the big picture the WAC, fall sports, fall semester, basketball, etc. Is looking at things in a microeconomic sense, and are not that important by themselves.

The macroeconomics are what I look at. Our political leaders have to be careful here. If this goes on a few weeks, okay. Months? No!

BlueHenBill
Posts: 6979
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:30 am

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by BlueHenBill » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Info Hound wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:42 am
The cascading effect of the declining economic activity will become devastating for many millions of citizens, affecting even those that feel safe with certain guaranteed sources of income.

That does not mean that we give an "all clear". In the big picture the WAC, fall sports, fall semester, basketball, etc. Is looking at things in a microeconomic sense, and are not that important by themselves.

The macroeconomics are what I look at. Our political leaders have to be careful here. If this goes on a few weeks, okay. Months? No!
Well it is a question of what is valued more - human lives or money.

BlueHenBill
Posts: 6979
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:30 am

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by BlueHenBill » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:25 pm

Per the following link, both residential and non-residential construction may remain open under Carney's March 22 stay-at-home order.

https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/wp-con ... 2-2020.pdf

User avatar
Gannonfan
Posts: 9286
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:25 am
UD Class: 1995
Location: Harleysville, PA

Re: Will the WAC be delayed??

Post by Gannonfan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Yup, compare the list of DE versus PA and it's almost like everything in DE is still open - all construction can continue. Maybe HZ's sources weren't all that good?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Post Reply