ESPN: Small school NFL stars

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

ESPN: Small school NFL stars

Post by UD '01 grad » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:51 pm

BlueHenBill

Re: ESPN: Small school NFL stars

Post by BlueHenBill » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:17 pm

How does the Raiders Rich Gannon (among others - e.g., Conway Hayman for the Houston Oilers/Texans, etc.) get left off this list? I guess it was foolishly limited to one player per franchise, instead of allowing all notable "small college" NFL stars to be included.

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:25 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:17 pm
How does the Raiders Rich Gannon (among others - e.g., Conway Hayman for the Houston Oilers/Texans, etc.) get left off this list? I guess it was foolishly limited to one player per franchise, instead of allowing all notable "small college" NFL stars to be included.
They chose one player of choice but some of the write ups, including the Raiders', mention other players. But, you're right, no Gannon. But then, no Bradshaw in the Steelers' write up either. Not very well done.

Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

Post by Baltimore Hen » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:29 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:17 pm
yes. one per franchise....and i dont think anyone would put gannon anywhere near gene upshaw :roll:
In ROCCO I Have Great Concern!

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:08 pm

Pretty hard to argue with their picks IMO.