When will College Football resume? Links and references.

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
hens4life
UD Class: 1981

Re: When will College Football resume? Links and references.

Post by hens4life » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:46 pm

UDPat wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:53 pm
77HEN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:18 am
Why can't UD schedule some games against Towson, Villanova, WC, DSU or even Rutgers for late Oct/Nov?
Will you also be passing the hat around like a Delaware Semi Pro Baseball Game? Ooops there's no one to donate.

Is it really that hard to figure out why other than the P5's why there is no push to play??

Actually 2

1) Meaningless Football or should I say a glorified scrimmage
2) Drum roll please............MONEY

They are already losing millions and you expect UD to fund a meaningless game with zero revenue opportunity.

Might be time for you to take up knitting??? :lol: :lol:

Not trying to be a downer, just real.
How much more can they lose? Has the AD cut any staff? Other than the whopping 5% pay cuts to the AD & Head coaches, has
any other actions been taken to reduce costs?

Play teams within a 2 hour bus ride. Leave in the morning and return the same day. I'd pay $30 watch a game in person with the UD STH's

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:12 pm

UDPat wrote:
77HEN wrote:
Why can't UD schedule some games against Towson, Villanova, WC, DSU or even Rutgers for late Oct/Nov?
Will you also be passing the hat around like a Delaware Semi Pro Baseball Game? Ooops there's no one to donate.

Is it really that hard to figure out why other than the P5's why there is no push to play??

Actually 2

They are already losing millions and you expect UD to fund a meaningless game with zero revenue opportunity.

Hey Pat,

I say screw it and just announce an 8 game schedule starting in 4 weeks played with capacity or near capacity crowds. I mean there have been several large capacity events recently where people were close together and some were even indoors and mostly mask less. We have also been told we are rounding the corner on the virus. In four weeks we should be in good shape. And oh yeah, it only impacts old people. I am now convinced. Play on.

BTW, ND cancelled practice today with 4 cases on the team. And poor Houston is 0 for 3 trying to play games. VT is right behind at 0 for 2. And Alabama only had 119 cases at the school last week down from a weekly peak of 842 two weeks ago for a total of almost 2500 since school started. Good to know they are “learning”. And poor Wisconsin is celebrating the coming start of football with their 1500th case and still getting 50-100 new cases a day. But see the above. All is good. Play on.

And oh .... did anyone happen to see the attendance figures for the NFL games? Anyone want to take a guess the location of the few games played with fans attending? Good ol’Jerry Jones’ ‘boys in the heart of Texas led the pack with 21k.

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:06 pm

UDPat wrote:
77HEN wrote:

Actually 2

Might be time for me to take up knitting? Is that supposed to be some sort of insult or something? You exhibit your own ignorance and attempt to insult me?

Last I looked, there are quite a few non P5 schools playing football. Austin Peay, Stephen F. Austin, Ga Southern, Navy, Army, BYU, GA State, Marshall, App St., UAB, UTSA, Ark State, U of Charlotte and it was mentioned in a thread that UMass will play games. Maybe you need to spend some time above ground and get some sunlight.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:14 pm

77HEN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:06 pm
UDPat wrote:
77HEN wrote:

Actually 2

Might be time for me to take up knitting? Is that supposed to be some sort of insult or something? You insult me as you exhibit your own ignorance!

Last I looked, there are quite a few non P5 schools playing football. Austin Peay, Stephen F. Austin, Ga Southern, GA State, Marshall, App St., UAB, UTSA, Ark State, U of Charlotte and it was mentioned in a thread that UMass will play games. Maybe you need to spend some time above ground and get some sunlight.

Guess you missed the LOL LOL Oh well, that's your issue. Plenty of sunshine at my house with many things getting accomplished and enjoying the beautiful weather.

I wouldn't pay 1 nickel to see any of that garbage you call football that is listed above. Including UMass, 10 whole teams, gets me excited. :roll: :roll:

Enjoy!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: <----------See the LOL's :wink:
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:09 pm

Hens79 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:12 pm
UDPat wrote:
77HEN wrote:

Actually 2

Hey Pat,

I say screw it and just announce an 8 game schedule starting in 4 weeks played with capacity or near capacity crowds. I mean there have been several large capacity events recently where people were close together and some were even indoors and mostly mask less. We have also been told we are rounding the corner on the virus. In four weeks we should be in good shape. And oh yeah, it only impacts old people. I am now convinced. Play on.

BTW, ND cancelled practice today with 4 cases on the team. And poor Houston is 0 for 3 trying to play games. VT is right behind at 0 for 2. And Alabama only had 119 cases at the school last week down from a weekly peak of 842 two weeks ago for a total of almost 2500 since school started. Good to know they are “learning”. And poor Wisconsin is celebrating the coming start of football with their 1500th case and still getting 50-100 new cases a day. But see the above. All is good. Play on.

And oh .... did anyone happen to see the attendance figures for the NFL games? Anyone want to take a guess the location of the few games played with fans attending? Good ol’Jerry Jones’ ‘boys in the heart of Texas led the pack with 21k.
Update. ND-Wake Forest game this weekend postponed as 10 ND players in quarantine and 13 more in “isolation”. But no worries, both teams have an open date on 3 October, as in less than two weeks. The stumbles continue.

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:10 pm

Attachments
Belushi and Flounder.jpg
Belushi and Flounder.jpg (10.81 KiB) Viewed 866 times
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:23 pm

UDPat wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:14 pm
77HEN wrote:
UDPat wrote:

Actually 2

Might be time for me to take up knitting? Is that supposed to be some sort of insult or something? You insult me as you exhibit your own ignorance!

Last I looked, there are quite a few non P5 schools playing football. Austin Peay, Stephen F. Austin, Ga Southern, GA State, Marshall, App St., UAB, UTSA, Ark State, U of Charlotte and it was mentioned in a thread that UMass will play games. Maybe you need to spend some time above ground and get some sunlight.

Guess you missed the LOL LOL Oh well, that's your issue. Plenty of sunshine at my house with many things getting accomplished and enjoying the beautiful weather.

I wouldn't pay 1 nickel to see any of that garbage you call football that is listed above. Including UMass, 10 whole teams, gets me excited. :roll: :roll:

Enjoy!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: <----------See the LOL's :wink:
So what you're saying is you don't have UD Season Tickets - The slop they have been playing in Newark has been terrible for quite some time!
#ProtectTheFlock

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:57 pm

[/quote]
Update. ND-Wake Forest game this weekend postponed as 10 ND players in quarantine and 13 more in “isolation”. But no worries, both teams have an open date on 3 October, as in less than two weeks. The stumbles continue.
[/quote]

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... tive-tests

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:04 pm

That is priceless. A UD football fan saying he wouldn't pay a nickel to watch the slop the following teams / schools call football.

Last I looked, there are quite a few non P5 schools playing football. Austin Peay, Stephen F. Austin, Ga Southern, Navy, Army, BYU, GA State, Marshall, App St., UAB, UTSA, Ark State, U of Charlotte and it was mentioned in a thread that UMass will play games.

Priceless, I tell you. And I don't need to put up any childish emojis to hide behind on that statement.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:14 am

Hengrad07 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:23 pm
UDPat wrote:
77HEN wrote:

So what you're saying is you don't have UD Season Tickets - The slop they have been playing in Newark has been terrible for quite some time!
That is correct I do not have season tixs and the terrible football in Newark may make teams like Austin Peay, UAB and Charlotte seem like good football options to watch for some individuals. That is delusional.

Seems like there is now a proposal for Spring time with playoffs. Something to play for not some barnstorming effort being screamed for some because they are bored and have no hobbies.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:16 am

Is it possible that a spring FCS football season and playoffs could relegate FCS to that situation as the norm? Do any of the articles address how FCS turns the season over and then prepares again for fall football?

hens4life

Post by hens4life » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:21 pm

UDPat wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:14 am
Hengrad07 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:23 pm
UDPat wrote:

That is correct I do not have season tixs and the terrible football in Newark may make teams like Austin Peay, UAB and Charlotte seem like good football options to watch for some individuals. That is delusional.

Seems like there is now a proposal for Spring time with playoffs. Something to play for not some barnstorming effort being screamed for some because they are bored and have no hobbies.
ENJOY...
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:44 pm

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:17 pm

UD '01 grad wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:44 pm
MAC football vote coming Friday:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... all-season
The Hens should arrange some late Oct / Nov games including Towson and Nova.

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:42 pm

77HEN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:17 pm
UD '01 grad wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:44 pm
MAC football vote coming Friday:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... all-season
The Hens should arrange some late Oct / Nov games including Towson and Nova.
To what end? So Henderson or Knight or Reeder can go down for 6 months or a year? ... Stupid idea.

Play when you have something to play for.