When will College Football resume? Links and references.

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Henzone

Re: When will College Football resume? Links and references.

Post by Henzone » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:53 am

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:17 am
The common denominator with winning is always talent, If you have big talent like Flacco or Devlin, coaching gets a lot easier

KC was the perfect example of this point

The * would be if you don’t have enough talent you need a gimmick or be a special coach, And right now we have neither
And Tubby had the gimmick ( wing T) and the talent plus another part of the equation- Team chemistry. That's what KC lacked and Raymond wasn't shy in pointing that out to his replacement.

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:11 pm

Henzone wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:53 am
Caribbean Hen wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:17 am
The common denominator with winning is always talent, If you have big talent like Flacco or Devlin, coaching gets a lot easier

KC was the perfect example of this point

The * would be if you don’t have enough talent you need a gimmick or be a special coach, And right now we have neither
And Tubby had the gimmick ( wing T) and the talent plus another part of the equation- Team chemistry. That's what KC lacked and Raymond wasn't shy in pointing that out to his replacement.
Tubby is exactly who I was thinking about when I said gimmick, combine that gimmick with Tubby greatness and you have what Delaware football was. A big deal

I’m sure Keeler wouldn’t be shy about letting Rocco know a few things as well, Not that stubborn Danny is willing to listen to anything
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:10 pm

Henzone wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:30 am
UD '01 grad wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:04 am
Since 2017 (Rocco's first season)

UD record vs. Cornell, Delaware State, Lafayette, Penn: 6-0

UD record vs. all other opponents: 13-16
So that means what ? Rocco has losses to VaTech, Pitt and 2 to NDSU. Ain't nobody I know who coached at UD recently is beating those guys!

His career CAA record is 39-25, 13-11 @UD. Rocco is on my wait and see list. I'm not championing the guy.

Again, my comment was that the program has been in a downward spiral for 15 years. Hell, I expected UD to win and win and win after Tubby handed off the baton. When I watched a Blue Hen game I always had confidence in the program., year in and year out. It didn't drain because I had issues with KC's personality. It began when a coach who kicked azz in the NJAC began to have problems with 3-5 and 4-5 CAA seasons. When you lose with a future Super Bowler then you begin to wonder. Even Joe had to drag the team out of a 3rd place CAA finish and personally carry the team to an App State pounding the next season. 2-6 and 4-4 seasons followed. Another superstar QB proved to be the teaser that we were back and rolling after a NC final. But, 5th & 8th place finishes soon followed.

I don't know the answer why KC won all those conference games in D3 and wins 80% of his Southland games even now but he didn't do it here and neither has Brock or Rocco. Forget about the coaches , the program is what the record says it is and the posters on here who don't like me have to face the facts that the roller coaster ride is not what is/was expected by the University.

Hell, if Peterson has a string of poor seasons do you really think 2017 will make the Eagle crazies happy?
Glad you are finding something to do now that there are no practices, games or hall walking. Too bad it is only minimally reality based. After what has happened here at UD after KC left and all the grief you gave him you are still at it. You do know that in the seven years since KC left, there has been only 1 playoff game and zero wins. Most of the dwindling numbers of us who even still care would welcome a roller coaster ride rather than being stuck In the ditch we drove ourselves into. It is mind numbing that you continue your vendetta after the last 7 years. At least it is harmless compared to other mind numbing thinking these days.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:11 pm

Hens79- Stick with the Covid-19 stuff,at least you have someone else to keep you occupied on a regular basis. For what it's worth I think you're kicking 77's azz but you seem to stick to the facts and common sense rather then the speculation you use in discussing the past happenings on South College.

All these years you've gone to great length to seemingly insult me as an "insider" over and over and yes knowing current & past coaches, trustees and alumni have given me a special insight that you apparently envy yet ignore when I share. I guess THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL SITE is not the only one who chooses ego over fact.

Glad we do agree we are in the ditch. 3 playoff appearances in 15 years. Only the 2005 start date seems to be keeping us from being best buds,

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:17 pm

Henzone wrote:
UD '01 grad wrote:

So that means what ? Rocco has losses to VaTech, Pitt and 2 to NDSU. Ain't nobody I know who coached at UD recently is beating those guys!

His career CAA record is 39-25, 13-11 @UD. Rocco is on my wait and see list. I'm not championing the guy.

Again, my comment was that the program has been in a downward spiral for 15 years. Hell, I expected UD to win and win and win after Tubby handed off the baton. When I watched a Blue Hen game I always had confidence in the program., year in and year out. It didn't drain because I had issues with KC's personality. It began when a coach who kicked azz in the NJAC began to have problems with 3-5 and 4-5 CAA seasons. When you lose with a future Super Bowler then you begin to wonder. Even Joe had to drag the team out of a 3rd place CAA finish and personally carry the team to an App State pounding the next season. 2-6 and 4-4 seasons followed. Another superstar QB proved to be the teaser that we were back and rolling after a NC final. But, 5th & 8th place finishes soon followed.

I don't know the answer why KC won all those conference games in D3 and wins 80% of his Southland games even now but he didn't do it here and neither has Brock or Rocco. Forget about the coaches , the program is what the record says it is and the posters on here who don't like me have to face the facts that the roller coaster ride is not what is/was expected by the University.

Hell, if Peterson has a string of poor seasons do you really think 2017 will make the Eagle crazies happy?
1. Pederson
2. Records were a statement of facts (we like those right?) and mainly prompted by the comment that "we don't want to become Cornell or Penn" made earlier in the thread.
3. If anyone watched that Pitt game and doesn't think the Hens had a better than usual (FCS vs FBS) chance of winning then there's nothing left to say on that issue. We have gone back and forth on that already.
4. Fair to say the Penn game last year was almost a loss as well. As Parcells, you and other have said, you are what your record is.
5. Clearly clock is ticking on Rocco (encourage everyone to reread some late 2019 Game Threads for high comedy) but there is good talent in place at key positions. We are all looking forward to seeing it on the field again.
6. Stay safe everyone. Contact tracing led to more tests today in our corner of Blue Hen Nation. Hoping for good news.

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:40 pm

UD '01 grad wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:17 pm
Henzone wrote:
UD '01 grad wrote:

1. Pederson
2. Records were a statement of facts (we like those right?) and mainly prompted by the comment that "we don't want to become Cornell or Penn" made earlier in the thread.
3. If anyone watched that Pitt game and doesn't think the Hens had a better than usual (FCS vs FBS) chance of winning then there's nothing left to say on that issue. We have gone back and forth on that already.
4. Fair to say the Penn game last year was almost a loss as well. As Parcells, you and other have said, you are what your record is.
5. Clearly clock is ticking on Rocco (encourage everyone to reread some late 2019 Game Threads for high comedy) but there is good talent in place at key positions. We are all looking forward to seeing it on the field again.
6. Stay safe everyone. Contact tracing led to more tests today in our corner of Blue Hen Nation. Hoping for good news.
Good luck to you UD '01.

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:03 am

As a reminder guys, posts with personal attacks will be deleted.

Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.

Thanks!
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:40 pm

Henzone wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:11 pm
Hens79- Stick with the Covid-19 stuff,at least you have someone else to keep you occupied on a regular basis. For what it's worth I think you're kicking 77's azz but you seem to stick to the facts and common sense rather then the speculation you use in discussing the past happenings on South College.

All these years you've gone to great length to seemingly insult me as an "insider" over and over and yes knowing current & past coaches, trustees and alumni have given me a special insight that you apparently envy yet ignore when I share. I guess THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL SITE is not the only one who chooses ego over fact.

Glad we do agree we are in the ditch. 3 playoff appearances in 15 years. Only the 2005 start date seems to be keeping us from being best buds,

*** Deleted my comment because it might have vaguely not been in the spirit of the board since it named two posters.
Last edited by 77HEN on Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:42 pm

77HEN wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:40 pm
Henzone wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:11 pm

*** Deleted my comment because it might have vaguely not been in the spirit of the board since it named two posters.
77, you didn’t want to do congratulate HZ for getting something right for the first time in a long time? I mean it was a no brainer, but he was right never-the-less.

And HZ talking about ego’s .... thinking someone is jealous of an “insider”????

Anyway, I’ll start something new. Maybe it can be it’s own thread? ... hoping for May football. That means the Hens won a couple of playoff games, something we don’t have any experience with in a decade.

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:58 am

UD '01 grad wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:17 pm
Henzone wrote:
UD '01 grad wrote:

1. Pederson
You liked that comment UD1?

Unfortunately the 10 year trend has us headed that way moreso than towards the better teams at the FCS level

We are a lot closer to Penn and Cornell then we are to James Madison and Villanova

This should burn inside of Rocco and make him lose sleep at night, but I bet Rip Van Rocco sleeps like a baby
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:04 pm

What does this discussion have to do with “when will college football resume”? Asking for a friend.

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:38 pm

jd of de wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:04 pm
What does this discussion have to do with “when will college football resume”? Asking for a friend.
Especially since it seems we have all the answers to that question now.

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:34 pm

77HEN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:18 am
Why can't UD schedule some games against Towson, Villanova, WC, DSU or even Rutgers for late Oct/Nov?
NDSU plays Cent Ark. today as their one game of the fall season and as the highlight conclusion of their fall camp. They will play the spring conference season. UD have any plans to do anything this fall?