CAA fall football cancelled

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Re: CAA fall football cancelled

Post by Hens79 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:25 am

BlueHenBobby wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:53 pm
Take a look at how well MLB is working out. CAA cancelling was the right move. I can only imagine how much quick testing would cost CAA teams to implement and it would still only reveal what we all know already. Would have been a disaster of a season.
MLB is going from bad to worse as the cancellations mount in a try at a 60 game season for the millionaire players and billionaire owners. As you said BHB, quick testing only reveals faster what we already know as cases and deaths are skyrocketing in much of the country. The only reason the big guys haven’t cancelled football yet, is the drop dead decision date hasn’t arrive yet. To think of playing college football with the virus numbers where they are on July 31 is ...... well .... wishful thinking at best. CAA basketball is almost surely done as well.

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:29 am

The odds are far more likely the fall 2021 season looks like what was originally planned for the 2020 season; 6 home games. Who knows what a potential spring season would look like.

Transferring my credit is simple and easy for me and for the ticket office, which is what I did.

If that’s an issue for anyone they have gladly offered to refund your money without loosing you seats. I have a difficult time seeing how anyone would have an issue with their offers.

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:25 pm

JD, I appreciated the options they presented as well and the heads up phone call I got from J Oravitz. I also chose to leave my Ticket and Parking money with the University towards 2021 Fall season. I'm just hoping that next fall is back to football.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:55 pm

jd of de wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:29 am
The odds are far more likely the fall 2021 season looks like what was originally planned for the 2020 season; 6 home games. Who knows what a potential spring season would look like.

Transferring my credit is simple and easy for me and for the ticket office, which is what I did.

If that’s an issue for anyone they have gladly offered to refund your money without loosing you seats. I have a difficult time seeing how anyone would have an issue with their offers.
I did the same JD & HenJohn. I also submitted BHTC membership dues. Although there will be no lunches, there are still bills/expenses due that must be taken care of. One step at a time. Looking forward to next year. Go Blue Hens!

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:48 pm

As a result .......... Our boy Dan tweets about Towson:

Daniel Steenkamer
@DanSteenkamer
·
Jul 30
Major #CAAFB development from Towson as the Tigers have incoming transfer QB Jake Constantine & stud RB/ATH Shane Simpson depart via transfer within days of each other. Constantine is headed for Washington State, while Simpson, having secured his degree from TU, will eval options

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:28 pm

Simpson is headed to UVA.

Section J
UD Class: 1983

Post by Section J » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:15 pm

Well, you guys got more disposable income than I do, I want my $ back.
“I don't want everyone to like me; I should think less of myself if some people did.”― Henry James

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:26 pm

It’s probably going to take some time for me to wrap my head around a spring season with a playoff and national championship, follows by a “normal” fall season with another playoff and national championship. But that’s what seems to be brewing now.

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:56 pm

@CraigHaley
#FCS: In talking today about having fall sports in the spring semester, CAA commissioner Joe D'Antonio wisely reminded today that "we as a country need to be in a different position (medically) by the spring."

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:19 pm

jd of de wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:26 pm
It’s probably going to take some time for me to wrap my head around a spring season with a playoff and national championship, follows by a “normal” fall season with another playoff and national championship. But that’s what seems to be brewing now.
Yeah, that would be tough to pull-off.