College Football TV Schedule and Game Discussion

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Henny
UD Class: 1985

College Football TV Schedule and Game Discussion

Post by Henny » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:22 pm

With no Fightin' Blue Hens till Spring, I thought we could use this thread to discuss games and other teams playing a Fall schedule.

http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

Henny

Re: College Football TV Schedule and Game Discussion

Post by Henny » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:05 pm

Interesting match up tonight with Navy - BYU

The post Malcolm Perry era begins for the Mids.
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:11 pm

Horrid start for Navy. BYU backs running through huge holes. 21-0 Cougars midway through second quarter and BYU driving again.

Henny

Post by Henny » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:27 pm

Yep It's been a struggle all the way around for Navy.

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:08 am

Navy had ZERO physical contact or hitting in their camp leading up to the game and it certainly showed.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:44 am

HENJOHN wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:08 am
Navy had ZERO physical contact or hitting in their camp leading up to the game and it certainly showed.
How do you do that and actually play football? The answer is you don’t. Navy likely didn’t have the option not to play. They obviously prepared like they didn’t want to play. They were sacrificial sailors.

Henny

Post by Henny » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:02 am

They did mention Navy hasn't practiced tackling which showed but so many guys were out of position too.

Boy lots of work to do before they play at Tulane next week.

BYU will run the table with their revamped schedule.

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:19 am

Hens79 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:44 am
HENJOHN wrote:
How do you do that and actually play football? The answer is you don’t. Navy likely didn’t have the option not to play. They obviously prepared like they didn’t want to play. They were sacrificial sailors.
Or they played like they didn't prepare (not sure how you detect they didn't "want" to play). Very un-Navy looking team there. Army, obviously playing a much weaker opponent, looked far more ready in week 1 than Navy did. Plus they managed to get the whole Corps of Cadets into the stadium for the game (spread them out over the whole stadium). Navy couldn't get a waiver from the Maryland governor to do the same with their Midshipmen. Could be a very long year for Navy football.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:02 pm

Gannonfan wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:19 am
Hens79 wrote:
HENJOHN wrote:
Or they played like they didn't prepare (not sure how you detect they didn't "want" to play). Very un-Navy looking team there. Army, obviously playing a much weaker opponent, looked far more ready in week 1 than Navy did. Plus they managed to get the whole Corps of Cadets into the stadium for the game (spread them out over the whole stadium). Navy couldn't get a waiver from the Maryland governor to do the same with their Midshipmen. Could be a very long year for Navy football.
It is going to be a long season if they have zero physical contact or hitting in practice during the season. How can you prepare to play football without any physical contact or hitting? Not hitting in preseason would fit my definition of not wanting to play at the university/program level not the individual player level.

Gannonfan

Post by Gannonfan » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:04 pm

Hens79 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:02 pm
Gannonfan wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:19 am
Hens79 wrote:

It is going to be a long season if they have zero physical contact or hitting in practice during the season. How can you prepare to play football without any physical contact or hitting? Not hitting in preseason would fit my definition of not wanting to play at the university/program level not the individual player level.
Yeah, I don't understand what and how they're doing it there, there does appear to be what are going to be issues going forward. They looked terrible.

Jeff Fiss

Post by Jeff Fiss » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:14 pm

Weirdest thing i ever saw. Game with no fans. Ewwwww….

hendog

Post by hendog » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:29 pm

West point is federal property all of the cadets were there. they didnt let in other fans guess they toldthe dem gov to shut the ****up.I guess they consider navy stadium not federal property.

UD '01 grad

Post by UD '01 grad » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:37 am

The stadium itself is not on official Academy grounds, so I think they said Maryland authorities (GOP gov) had the final say. ... I don't know though.

Gannonfan

Post by Gannonfan » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:46 am

hendog wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:29 pm
West point is federal property all of the cadets were there. they didnt let in other fans guess they toldthe dem gov to shut the ****up.I guess they consider navy stadium not federal property.
I knew the Maryland governor turned down Navy, and although I knew the difference in the locations of the stadiums (Army on federal land, Navy likely not on federal land) I didn't realize that's what went down. Confirmed in the article, New York advised Army not to exceed the 50 person crowd size (or the zero crowd size for major sporting events). Army says since the cadets are restricted to the campus, and quarantined coming in and are tested regularly, it's like their own bubble. Apparently they didn't sit them behind the visiting team and the 4400 cadets all spaced out in the stands.

https://www.recordonline.com/story/spor ... 715499002/

hendog

Post by hendog » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:21 pm

thanks for responding considering all my posts dont last long on this site. Didnt see the article i heard that on the telecast of the game and yes cadets were all spread out