College Football TV Schedule and Game Discussion

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Re: College Football TV Schedule and Game Discussion

Post by Henny » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:32 pm

UAB up 7-0 on Miami

Some fans are in attendance at Hard Rock Stadium.
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

Henny

Post by Henny » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:24 pm

Charlotte keeping it tight with Appy 14-10, 6 left in the 3rd.
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

Henny

Post by Henny » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:39 pm

and Cuse only able to muster 6 vs UNC into the 4th at a very empty Kenan Stadium.

What happened to Dino Beber's offense??

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:25 pm

Babers lost his Hot Off Coordinator to Kent State where he's now HC and turned them around.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

hens4life
UD Class: 1981

Post by hens4life » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:06 pm

MO State vs Oklahoma on National TV tonight 😎

Henny

Post by Henny » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Campbell up on Ga. So. who has 33 players out

Henny

Post by Henny » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:07 pm

Navy going with a plebe at QB against Tulane :shock:

finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:21 pm

Watching the 1986 Maine replay. I’d forgotten just how good Rich Gannon was...wow! My other observation is I really like the darker blue vs today’s royal blue. Can we go back to the darker blue???

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:30 am

finpxz1 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:21 pm
Watching the 1986 Maine replay. I’d forgotten just how good Rich Gannon was...wow! My other observation is I really like the darker blue vs today’s royal blue. Can we go back to the darker blue???
Gannon is the best football player we've ever had guys! The announcers were overwhelmed by his performance. Sorry Booker was playing injured that game as he was something special also.

Don't hold your breath for the darker blue. That was all Tubby and his love for his alma mater.

Info Hound

Post by Info Hound » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:25 am

That was fun to watch yesterday. Well done by our SID to put this together. Those were two really fine QB's in that game, with veteran Gannon and the young Mike Buck in only his second start.
The short commentaries by Rich and Joe McGrail were also interesting, especially in the second half when the play by play volumn was lowered.

finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:15 pm

Hard to argue against Gannon and Booker being the 2 greatest Offensive/Defensive Blue Hens of all-time. Still hard to believe that team got the snot kicked out of it by Fred Barnett and Arkansas St in the 2nd round of the playoffs that year. I believe it was 14 to 14 early before they completely began dominating us...final score was something like 55 to 14 if I'm not mistaken.

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:29 am

finpxz1 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:15 pm
Hard to argue against Gannon and Booker being the 2 greatest Offensive/Defensive Blue Hens of all-time. Still hard to believe that team got the snot kicked out of it by Fred Barnett and Arkansas St in the 2nd round of the playoffs that year. I believe it was 14 to 14 early before they completely began dominating us...final score was something like 55 to 14 if I'm not mistaken.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hadn't Booker left the team by the time the playoffs came around? As for the game, let's be honest, Gannon was utterly fantastic, but those weren't vintage UD teams. Gannon covered over a lot of the decline of UD football through the mid 80's before we reversed the freshman rule and the need-based scholly policy. We ended up losing to West Chester in '88 (strangely a year we won the Yankee Conference - an indicator of the Yankee conference nationally back then for sure) and if not for Gannon we could've lost to West Chester at least two more times. Granted, they were really good West Chester teams (Al Niemela, Billy Hess) but we were really leaning on Gannon. He personally accounted for the 14 points against Arkansas St, but it was a man against boys game in that one and we were the latter. They were a wishbone team and their fullback was getting 5 yards before contact it seemed on every play. They could've named the score.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Henny

Post by Henny » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:12 am

Very true about Gannon and those mid 80s teams but some other players were very good during that era. Just not enough to make us a playoff team every year or championship contender. Especially with Ga So. and some others emerging.

It's extremely difficult to prep for the wishbone given one week but what people don't realize is that Ark St team was coached by Larry Lacewell who was Barry Switzer's O coordinator at Oklahoma and a wishbone guru. They lost to Ga So in the championship to one of the best teams all time in 1-AA.

I was in the SEZ lot before the end of the third Q , getting in the last tailgating of the year!

PAHENFAN
UD Class: 1971

Post by PAHENFAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:17 pm

Henny wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:12 am
Very true about Gannon and those mid 80s teams but some other players were very good during that era. Just not enough to make us a playoff team every year or championship contender. Especially with Ga So. and some others emerging.

It's extremely difficult to prep for the wishbone given one week but what people don't realize is that Ark St team was coached by Larry Lacewell who was Barry Switzer's O coordinator at Oklahoma and a wishbone guru. They lost to Ga So in the championship to one of the best teams all time in 1-AA.

I was in the SEZ lot before the end of the third Q , getting in the last tailgating of the year!
Besides getting our butts kicked royally, the other thing I remember about that game was watching Eagles LB (and Arkansas State alum) Bill Bergey parading around on the visitor's sideline high giving with players and thoroughly enjoying the whipping they put on us.

Henny

Post by Henny » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:09 pm

Incredible play by the Ga So. QB to go up 1 on 19th ranked Louisiana. :54 left in the fourth