College Football TV Schedule and Game Discussion

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
The January Man
UD Class: 1996

Re: College Football TV Schedule and Game Discussion

Post by The January Man » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:20 pm

Gannonfan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:26 am
The January Man wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:49 pm
I am watching less College and NFL this season. It just is weird and different.

On a side note, the Goalkeeper (Goalie? Not sure of the correct term) for the Philly Union is a neighbor of mine. Very nice young man. Pretty cool that he is the goalie for the Jamaican National Team as well.
Hopefully he can get back on the field at some point in the playoffs. Broke his hand a few weeks ago, he'll be a big loss during the playoffs, he was playing really well.
Agreed. He was/is the running for League MVP. Played darn good all season long. The injury didn't seem that bad at first, he even stayed in the game for a bit longer. Yep it will be a tough loss if he can't go.

LOL at Pat. It is nice to see PSU lose.

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:12 am

Delaying CFP and bowl games discussions starting due to the raging virus.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -discussed

Bad times here and worse ahead. Glad we live where we do and hope we can hold of the catastrophic virus impacts over the next couple of months that much of the country are now seeing.

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:31 am

As discussed, big chunk of games cancelled or postponed this week:

Alabama at LSU N/A Postponed (was CBS)
Arizona Christian at Abilene Christian N/A Cancelled (was ESPN Extra)
Auburn at Mississippi State N/A Postponed (was SEC Network)
Air Force at Wyoming N/A Cancelled (was CBSSN)
California at Arizona State N/A Cancelled (was ESPN2)
Coastal Carolina at Troy N/A Postponed (was ESPN2)
Gardner Webb at Charlotte N/A Cancelled (was ESPN Extra)
Georgia at Missouri N/A Postponed (was ESPN)
Louisiana Monroe at Arkansas State N/A Postponed (was espn3)
Memphis at Navy N/A Postponed (was ESPNU)
North Texas at UAB N/A Cancelled (was Stadium)
Ohio State at Maryland N/A Cancelled (was BTN)
Pittsburgh at Georgia Tech N/A Postponed (was ACC RSN)
Rice at Louisiana Tech N/A Postponed (was ESPN Extra)
Texas A&M at Tennessee N/A Postponed (was ESPN)
Utah at UCLA N/A Cancelled (was FOX)
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

Hens79

Post by Hens79 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:14 am

There will probably be more next week Henny. The rise in cases is at a tremendous rate as there were almost unbelievably 193,000 cases nationally yesterday. For context, it was terrible on October 29 when the daily cases hit 90,000 and when the NYC area and others were getting crushed in the spring, cases topped out at 35,0000. In addition to the metrics in place regarding playing or cancelling games, I wouldn’t be surprised if the amount of “community spread” starts to factor in. At some point, it just isn’t right playing a college football game with this many cases and hospitals overflowing. And sure, a smaller percentage are dying due to better treatments but the staggering number of cases overwhelms that as the deaths are ranging between 1,000-1,500 per day the last few weeks. Be careful out there especially at Thanksgiving.

bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Penn State 0-4. Franklin on hot seat?
Delaware Football - time to make things happen or it’s time for changes.....

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:03 am

Agreed, you could see two huge firings in the Big 10 - I think Harbaugh is already done at this point, now it's just a question of when to pull the trigger. Franklin maybe a little less so, just from the standpoint of I don't think they have a great hire lined up to replace him. I assume Michigan can find anyone as they're a better job than Happy Valley is.

At least some good matchups coming up this week, even if Notre Dame is on an off week. Indiana/Ohio St in the Big 10 - an undefeated Indiana is certainly a shocker. Clemson's game against FSU should be a rout, but it would be good to see Trevor Lawrence back on the field. Coastal Carolina gets an ESPN2 game in a big matchup against Appy St. Keep getting to see if Wisconsin is for real (and they might be, they're really good on offense with that new QB) when they play at also undefeated Northwestern. Undefeated Liberty goes for another win against the ACC when they play at NC State. The Oklahoma/Oklahoma St, the "Bedlam" game, should be great. College Gameday is in Norman this weekend for that one. And heck, USC/Utah is a great game. Utah hasn't played yet, but it's in Utah, and USC has only played entertaining games so far. Should be a good weekend of college football.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:35 pm

Covid-19 considerations could delay firings.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:25 pm

bluehenbillk wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:12 pm
Best season ever!!!!! :lol:
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:02 pm

UDPat wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:25 pm
bluehenbillk wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:12 pm
Best season ever!!!!! :lol:
And now a glowing report about the locker room shenanigans' going on the past few years!!!! :roll: :roll:

I realize it may not all be true, but these kinds of things don't appear out of thin air. There's some truth.

Shut it down!!! SHUT DOWN THAT PROGRAM NOW!!!!!!!!!

Karma is a ?????

Couldn't happen to a nicer University :lol: :lol:
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

Hens79

Post by Hens79 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:12 am

I wonder how many games will be cancelled this weekend? It was 18 last week. With record 88,000 hospitalizations, back to 2000 deaths a day, daily cases average 175,000 plus the CDC recommends against Thanksgiving travel and college football mostly plays on. I get it that the pros do like the Steelers - Ravens game is still on (so far) despite a bad spike with the Ravens. But college kids? Now? Anyway, many of the students will be leaving Newark and won’t return until February 15. Hopefully, it will lower Newark’s infection rate that has spiked lately with much of it being students and their almost 750 cases since they came back. Looking forward to getting vaccinated sometime in the spring, hitting the Bottle and Cork and Starboard later in the summer and being in my tailgating spot in September. Just have to get through this mess first. Happy Thanksgiving.

Oh ... and how about Coastal Carolina? Going from starting a program from nothing in 2003 to being in the FBS top 20 in 2020. Talk about developing a vision and executing it.

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:29 am

yep, u heard it first from my post back in late October :wink:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

Info Hound

Post by Info Hound » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:34 am

Hens79 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:12 am
I wonder how many games will be cancelled this weekend? It was 18 last week. With record 88,000 hospitalizations, back to 2000 deaths a day, daily cases average 175,000 plus the CDC recommends against Thanksgiving travel and college football mostly plays on. I get it that the pros do like the Steelers - Ravens game is still on (so far) despite a bad spike with the Ravens. But college kids? Now? Anyway, many of the students will be leaving Newark and won’t return until February 15. Hopefully, it will lower Newark’s infection rate that has spiked lately with much of it being students and their almost 750 cases since they came back. Looking forward to getting vaccinated sometime in the spring, hitting the Bottle and Cork and Starboard later in the summer and being in my tailgating spot in September. Just have to get through this mess first. Happy Thanksgiving.

Oh ... and how about Coastal Carolina? Going from starting a program from nothing in 2003 to being in the FBS top 20 in 2020. Talk about developing a vision and executing it.
Not looking for a p*ssing match here, but do you see any conflict in your thinking on colleges playing football during the pandemic (which is almost exclusively being played by FBS programs), and the all or nothing thinking to move to FBS?

That is, hypothetically, if UD was FBS, would you propose being the only FBS program to not play football?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all GoHen'ers.

Hens79

Post by Hens79 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:03 am

Info Hound wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:34 am
Hens79 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:12 am

Not looking for a p*ssing match here, but do you see any conflict in your thinking on colleges playing football during the pandemic (which is almost exclusively being played by FBS programs), and the all or nothing thinking to move to FBS?

That is, hypothetically, if UD was FBS, would you propose being the only FBS program to not play football?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all GoHen'ers.
If only UD were FBS. If UD followed the path of Boise St and Marshall in the 90s, or App St and Georgia Southern in the 2000s and now Liberty and Coastal Carolina in the 2010s. If only? It is mind numbing what UD has become and what they could have been especially with what we have been going through now for a decade. But I digress.

“Hypothetically”, if UD was in FBS, and no matter when they started the season, early or late September, or late Oct, I would hope the catastrophic health crisis this is taking place TODAY would be grounds for halting, or at least pausing the season. Things change. You need to adapt. But that’s just me.

And now a hypothetical for you. Wouldn’t you rather UD be FBS? We likely would have been playing football for at least a couple of weeks. Wouldn’t that be better than some hooky, probably won’t happen Spring FCS season?

Anyway, pizzing isn’t one of my strong suits at my age. But I will stick with the above.

bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:22 am

Of course I'd rather be FBS, but UD is a strange fanbase, I think the majority would want to be FBS, but you'll find a higher-than-normal percentage of fans that would rather be the big fish in the small pond of FCS & compete for NC's. I also think UD missed the boat in the 90's turning down the A-10 which would've given the hoops program a boost. If Brey got teams into the big dance with NAC talent (or whichever league we were in for his run) how much further could he have taken A-10 talent? Sweet 16? We'll never know...
Delaware Football - time to make things happen or it’s time for changes.....

chapelstwasted
UD Class: 1987

Post by chapelstwasted » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:36 pm

Nick Saban tested positive again. Let’s see if he has another miracle recovery before the Auburn game.