1972 National Champs 40th reunion video

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Big R
UD Class: 1975

1972 National Champs 40th reunion video

Post by Big R » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:21 pm

Since we’ve been delving into history, trivia, etc. I thought it would be fun to post this video by George Fox taken at the 40th reunion / celebration of the 1972 team at Delaware Stadium.

This may have been posted by someone on the Board back in 2012 when George first published it - I don’t recall - but it is sure to bring back memories for those of us who remember rooting on that team.

https://youtu.be/rPusPD3rU9o

One thing that was sobering was the number of guys who had passed on by then (October, 2012).

BlueHenBill

Re: 1972 National Champs 40th reunion video

Post by BlueHenBill » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:04 pm

George Fox, who I rember as an outstanding special teamer and DB, did a great job with that video. I hope he does one for the 50th reunion in 2022. I wonder if something similar has or will be done for the 1971, 1979, and 2003 (20 year anniversary in 2023!) champion FB teams. I have especailly foond memoriers of the 1971 & 1972 teams when I ws at UD. have been hooked on UD FB since my first UD FB game as a FR in 1971.