Prince

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Prince

Post by HenZoneNation » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:14 pm

Can Prince play in the spring?
The Dude Abides!

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Re: Prince

Post by Henny » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:51 am

This is a good question. I'm optimistic since the NCAA is throwing around waivers like crazy. We could use him at center this spring!
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:14 pm

Well, he did forgo the 2020 season, didn't he?

HenZoneNation

Post by HenZoneNation » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:44 pm

That's what I'm asking. When did he transfer in? In basketball you can enter after a full year even if it's in mid-season. Is he eligible starting Jan 1st.
The right side of the OL could be a real strength this year. It's horrible to say but from a program prospective this was the best year for this to happen. We had no one with NFL asperations or big time FBS tranfers (Towson got screwed) coming in who change their mind. Unlike JMU, Nova (got crushed), and Towson (lost a QB transfer and an All American returner) we are intact. No excuses...let's go.

I see Colby is listed at OLB and with an extra few months to get healthy he could be the answer to our pass rush woes. We are set at MLB and I hope we don't waste Colby at a position we are deep at. Go Hens.
The Dude Abides!

mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:33 pm

The basic transfer rule is, without a waiver, an athlete must complete a year in residence prior to becoming eligible to play. The year in residence is two full academic semesters.

So if Prince transferred in early February 2020, he would be eligible in February 2021.

After checking the Spring 2020 roster, Prince was not listed. I don’t think he transferred until Summer session. Summer sessions do not count as an academic semester per the transfer rules.

HenZoneNation

Post by HenZoneNation » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:10 am

Looks like April 30th:

https://twitter.com/_jamesprince_/statu ... 60513?s=21

Does that mean he can play after 4/30?
The Dude Abides!

mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:37 am

HenZoneNation wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:10 am
Looks like April 30th:

https://twitter.com/_jamesprince_/statu ... 60513?s=21

Does that mean he can play after 4/30?
I think Apr 30 is when he committed to UD. Doubtful he could register for classes in the in the middle of the semester. The key is the completion of two semesters prior to becoming eligible to play (unless a waiver is granted).
My guess is that he completed his spring academic semester at Howard.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:44 am

HenZoneNation wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:44 pm
That's what I'm asking. When did he transfer in? In basketball you can enter after a full year even if it's in mid-season. Is he eligible starting Jan 1st.
The right side of the OL could be a real strength this year. It's horrible to say but from a program prospective this was the best year for this to happen. We had no one with NFL asperations or big time FBS tranfers (Towson got screwed) coming in who change their mind. Unlike JMU, Nova (got crushed), and Towson (lost a QB transfer and an All American returner) we are intact. No excuses...let's go.

I see Colby is listed at OLB and with an extra few months to get healthy he could be the answer to our pass rush woes. We are set at MLB and I hope we don't waste Colby at a position we are deep at. Go Hens.
If anyone is benefiting from this tsunami it has to be our football program compared to others. The team lacked maturity & experience at many positions and the extra time to become healthier plus the new players and coaches has to be a positive.