UD Budget

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Post Reply
UDPat
Posts: 2358
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: UD Budget

Post by UDPat » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:27 am

Plagiarizing parts of a Stanford announcement!! :shock: :shock:

Didn't realize the Big Stick was 3,000 miles long. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

mainejeff
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: UD Budget

Post by mainejeff » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:04 am

Maine's athletic budget got a nice little cash infusion today.... :wink: :D

https://goblackbears.com/news/2020/10/7 ... ation.aspx

rooneyguy
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:30 am
UD Class: 1988

Re: UD Budget

Post by rooneyguy » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:58 pm

mainejeff wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:04 am
Maine's athletic budget got a nice little cash infusion today.... :wink: :D

https://goblackbears.com/news/2020/10/7 ... ation.aspx
That is impressive!

User avatar
The January Man
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:15 am
UD Class: 1996

Re: UD Budget

Post by The January Man » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:57 pm

mainejeff wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:04 am
Maine's athletic budget got a nice little cash infusion today.... :wink: :D

https://goblackbears.com/news/2020/10/7 ... ation.aspx
Holy crap. Nice!!

User avatar
HENJOHN
Posts: 9312
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:24 pm
UD Class: 1981
Location: Bear & Ocean View, Delaware

Re: UD Budget

Post by HENJOHN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:34 pm

mainejeff wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:04 am
Maine's athletic budget got a nice little cash infusion today.... :wink: :D

https://goblackbears.com/news/2020/10/7 ... ation.aspx
Good for you guys Jeff. Wow
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

User avatar
Info Hound
Posts: 1574
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:16 am
Location: Tri-State Mystery Area

Re: UD Budget

Post by Info Hound » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:23 pm

At a time when institutional athletic funding is problematic, that is a very impressive boost from a private source. Congrats!

User avatar
bluehenbillk
Posts: 11457
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:52 am
UD Class: 1991
Location: Poipu Beach, HI/spots in PA

Re: UD Budget

Post by bluehenbillk » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:49 am

Brother can you spare a dime....
Delaware Football - time to make things happen or it’s time for changes.....

mainejeff
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: UD Budget

Post by mainejeff » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:22 am

We are very lucky to have the support of Harold Alfond Foundation here in Maine. As it relates to football.....I'm hoping that Harold Alfond Stadium will be renovated and improved. It's pretty bare bones. The turf is an absolute embarrassment.....and the track needs to go! We'll see what happens but I am hopeful that good decisions will be made and impact the football program in a positive manner.

My wish list:

1. Remove track & renovate seating to bring it closer to field.
2. Replace turf.
3. Add football admin, training facility/weight room/locker rooms to North end zone.
4. Renovate concessions/restrooms/common areas of stadium.
5. Add parking deck next to stadium if Alfond Arena is demolished and moved.

UDPat
Posts: 2358
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: UD Budget

Post by UDPat » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:37 am

mainejeff wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:22 am
We are very lucky to have the support of Harold Alfond Foundation here in Maine. As it relates to football.....I'm hoping that Harold Alfond Stadium will be renovated and improved. It's pretty bare bones. The turf is an absolute embarrassment.....and the track needs to go! We'll see what happens but I am hopeful that good decisions will be made and impact the football program in a positive manner.

My wish list:

1. Remove track & renovate seating to bring it closer to field.
2. Replace turf.
3. Add football admin, training facility/weight room/locker rooms to North end zone.
4. Renovate concessions/restrooms/common areas of stadium.
5. Add parking deck next to stadium if Alfond Arena is demolished and moved.
You're gonna need more than 90M for that wish list!!! :wink:
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

mainejeff
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: UD Budget

Post by mainejeff » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:18 am

UDPat wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:37 am
mainejeff wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:22 am
We are very lucky to have the support of Harold Alfond Foundation here in Maine. As it relates to football.....I'm hoping that Harold Alfond Stadium will be renovated and improved. It's pretty bare bones. The turf is an absolute embarrassment.....and the track needs to go! We'll see what happens but I am hopeful that good decisions will be made and impact the football program in a positive manner.

My wish list:

1. Remove track & renovate seating to bring it closer to field.
2. Replace turf.
3. Add football admin, training facility/weight room/locker rooms to North end zone.
4. Renovate concessions/restrooms/common areas of stadium.
5. Add parking deck next to stadium if Alfond Arena is demolished and moved.
You're gonna need more than 90M for that wish list!!! :wink:
Nah....the building in the end zone would most likely be the most expensive proposition. The parking deck is a pipe dream. I'm guessing that they do the track removal in conjunction with a new soccer field. They probably end up throwing about $10-$15 million at football specific facilities. We'll see.

UDPat
Posts: 2358
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: UD Budget

Post by UDPat » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:15 pm

mainejeff wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:18 am
UDPat wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:37 am
mainejeff wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:22 am
We are very lucky to have the support of Harold Alfond Foundation here in Maine. As it relates to football.....I'm hoping that Harold Alfond Stadium will be renovated and improved. It's pretty bare bones. The turf is an absolute embarrassment.....and the track needs to go! We'll see what happens but I am hopeful that good decisions will be made and impact the football program in a positive manner.

My wish list:

1. Remove track & renovate seating to bring it closer to field.
2. Replace turf.
3. Add football admin, training facility/weight room/locker rooms to North end zone.
4. Renovate concessions/restrooms/common areas of stadium.
5. Add parking deck next to stadium if Alfond Arena is demolished and moved.
You're gonna need more than 90M for that wish list!!! :wink:
Nah....the building in the end zone would most likely be the most expensive proposition. The parking deck is a pipe dream. I'm guessing that they do the track removal in conjunction with a new soccer field. They probably end up throwing about $10-$15 million at football specific facilities. We'll see.

TMI Jeff TMI
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

User avatar
jd of de
Posts: 5977
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Re: UD Budget

Post by jd of de » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:15 pm

mainejeff wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:18 am
UDPat wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:37 am
mainejeff wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:22 am
We are very lucky to have the support of Harold Alfond Foundation here in Maine. As it relates to football.....I'm hoping that Harold Alfond Stadium will be renovated and improved. It's pretty bare bones. The turf is an absolute embarrassment.....and the track needs to go! We'll see what happens but I am hopeful that good decisions will be made and impact the football program in a positive manner.

My wish list:

1. Remove track & renovate seating to bring it closer to field.
2. Replace turf.
3. Add football admin, training facility/weight room/locker rooms to North end zone.
4. Renovate concessions/restrooms/common areas of stadium.
5. Add parking deck next to stadium if Alfond Arena is demolished and moved.
You're gonna need more than 90M for that wish list!!! :wink:
Nah....the building in the end zone would most likely be the most expensive proposition. The parking deck is a pipe dream. I'm guessing that they do the track removal in conjunction with a new soccer field. They probably end up throwing about $10-$15 million at football specific facilities. We'll see.
Times 2

Hockey will want a chunk too :twisted:

User avatar
Gannonfan
Posts: 9431
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:25 am
UD Class: 1995
Location: Harleysville, PA

Re: UD Budget

Post by Gannonfan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:01 pm

jd of de wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:15 pm
mainejeff wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:18 am
UDPat wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:37 am


You're gonna need more than 90M for that wish list!!! :wink:
Nah....the building in the end zone would most likely be the most expensive proposition. The parking deck is a pipe dream. I'm guessing that they do the track removal in conjunction with a new soccer field. They probably end up throwing about $10-$15 million at football specific facilities. We'll see.
Times 2

Hockey will want a chunk too :twisted:
Maine Hockey is like Delaware football, living off of past glory. I don't think Maine has even been to the NCAA's for almost a decade. Lean hockey times in Maine, maybe they should get the bulk of that money.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
hens05alum
Posts: 5399
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:51 am
UD Class: 2005

Re: UD Budget

Post by hens05alum » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:26 pm

You can take $12m (30% ish?) or whatever out of the UD athletics budget, but that doesn't come close to the $250m shortfall. The $250m to me is still such a staggering number that I almost find it hard to believe it at face value. They have 4500 employees according to the UD facts and figures page. If you were paying those 4500 employees on average $50k a year---yes many many make quite a bit more than that, but some make less so I'm just tossing numbers out---that's $225M of payroll. Am I estimating the average salary too low? I couldn't find a UD budget on public record anywhere that I can search. A 10% employee layoff or some pay cuts or whatever only adds up to a $22.5M belt tightening. Would they go further than that in layoffs??
V for Villanova, V for veritable certainty of victory over Delaware.

Hengrad07
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:10 pm
UD Class: 2007
Location: Philly

Re: UD Budget

Post by Hengrad07 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:38 pm

The 250M is lost revenue... Within all the cost cutting claiming to be made, the “net loss” won’t come close to that number! 😎
#ProtectTheFlock

Post Reply