Drexel

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.

Re: Drexel

Postby UDPat on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:54 am

darthdave wrote:Always enjoyed watching Ndongo block Mike Kousers shots...it seemed to happen quite a bit. Funny his bio pic on greatest dragon players of all time happens to be a pic of him about to get his stuff packed by Ndongo

Of course, beating them in the AE final was great but the John Gordon dagger 3 at the top of the key always comes to mind. I think we won that game in OT.

Dave,

I'm confused. The AE final here in 99 was a blowout. The AE final vs BU in 98 was a close contest(Gordon didn't play in that game as he sat out as a tansfer). The only close final I recall vs Drexel was the 93 NAC final @Drexel that we won 66-62. FYI that was Malik Rose's only post season loss in a conference tourny.

Am I losing my mind? :? :? I know the answer.
2018.....I already know I should have been named Richard
UDPat

Postby darthdave on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:57 am

UDPat wrote:
darthdave wrote:Always enjoyed watching Ndongo block Mike Kousers shots...it seemed to happen quite a bit. Funny his bio pic on greatest dragon players of all time happens to be a pic of him about to get his stuff packed by Ndongo

Of course, beating them in the AE final was great but the John Gordon dagger 3 at the top of the key always comes to mind. I think we won that game in OT.

Dave,

I'm confused. The AE final here in 99 was a blowout. The AE final vs BU in 98 was a close contest(Gordon didn't play in that game as he sat out as a tansfer). The only close final I recall vs Drexel was the 93 NAC final @Drexel that we won 66-62. FYI that was Malik Rose's only post season loss in a conference tourny.

Am I losing my mind? :? :? I know the answer.

Pat,

I didn't do a good job of explaining myself. The game with Gordon I was referring to was a reg season game at the BOB...so, no, you are not losing your mind.
darthdave

UD Class: 1993

Postby hoopster on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:00 am

Nothing will beat the '92 NAC Finals against Drexel for me!

Had a great conversation with the late Tom Mees before the game. What a nice guy! Also, my good buddy Andre Buck getting a basket near the end of the game and also getting fouled on the play. Runs over and gives me a high five as I'm standing in the student section right behind the basket! Saw myself on ESPN! :D
GO BIG BLUE!
hoopster

Postby UDPat on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:52 am

hoopster wrote:Nothing will beat the '92 NAC Finals against Drexel for me!

Had a great conversation with the late Tom Mees before the game. What a nice guy! Also, my good buddy Andre Buck getting a basket near the end of the game and also getting fouled on the play. Runs over and gives me a high five as I'm standing in the student section right behind the basket! Saw myself on ESPN! :D

92 final, last game at the field house!!
93 NAC final, This might be the best road win I have ever witnessed in person by the Hens in hoops.

Andre came up to me at Sunday's game to say hello. He is doing well and it's always a pleasure to to talk to him. He still his kids in diapers. I give him credit!!!
He and my wife have that South Jersey connection
2018.....I already know I should have been named Richard
UDPat

Postby hoopster on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:35 am

UDPat wrote:
hoopster wrote:Nothing will beat the '92 NAC Finals against Drexel for me!

92 final, last game at the field house!!
93 NAC final, This might be the best road win I have ever witnessed in person by the Hens in hoops.

Andre came up to me at Sunday's game to say hello. He is doing well and it's always a pleasure to to talk to him. He still his kids in diapers. I give him credit!!!
He and my wife have that South Jersey connection

Andre is a great guy and very business savvy. We worked on a number of group projects as students during our days in the business school. I believe he's represented a number of top players coming out of college as their agent.
GO BIG BLUE!
hoopster

Postby tenn hen on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:08 pm

this thread reads like "memory lane" :lol: great stuff that reminds me of how much I've forgotten over all these years.

I was happy to see us on TV last night, but unhappy with the usual geriatric, minuscule turnout which doesn't look impressive. It's a tribute to our fans who show their loyalty by continuing to attend religiously through all the years of predominately disappointing performances.

As to the game- I agree with most of the thoughts shared by our usual suspects who are true blue and gold fans. I kept thinking we'd finally get a win going away. Sure looked like it till the last eight minutes. It would have been a blessing since MI could have cleared the limited bench near the end and let the starters get some needed rest. No such luck! It got mighty sloppy, ugly, and downright mindboggling as the clock was SLOWLY winding down, but we got the W. Keep in mind that our 3 conference wins have come against mediocre teams. With a weak CAA basketball conference based on most of the team's overall records, it bodes well for our chances of winning a decent # of games the remainder of this season.

The ability to win any games with the limited # of guys that are still standing, is super. It's amazing they can continue to perform admirably with all the minutes they have been playing. I applaud them for their grit.

Will Cushing be cleared to play soon? I thought I saw him with a mask on at one point.
Even though Anderson has played a good # of games, I wonder if the NCAA might show some kindness and give him 4 more eligible seasons? that would be a shock!!!!
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

UD Class: 1967

Previous

Return to Hen Hoops