POW

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.

POW

Postby UDForever on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Enabosi CAA player of the week.

Allen for the 2nd consecutive week and 4th overall time named the Rookie of the Week. Starting to look like we’ll have back to back Rookie of the Years.
UDForever
 
Posts: 3864
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:09 pm

Re: POW

Postby 72 Hen on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 pm

UDForever wrote:Enabosi CAA player of the week.

Allen for the 2nd consecutive week and 4th overall time named the Rookie of the Week. Starting to look like we’ll have back to back Rookie of the Years.


If he had not been injured, Anderson would also be in contention for Rookie of the Year.
"Hit Soooooooooomebody"
User avatar
72 Hen
Recruiting Specialist
Recruiting Specialist
 
Posts: 5300
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:00 am
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

Re: POW

Postby Pedromon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:38 pm

These three are enough to be excited about the future. MI can certainly recruit. One more good recruiting class and a transfer or two......and we are back on top.
Rodney C-Men Class of 82

Image
Pedromon
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:07 am
Location: Coatesville, PA

Re: POW

Postby tenn hen on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Ron, good post and without a doubt spot on. Anderson's loss has really shot(pun) down the enjoyment of our season, and the development of a "new" culture for UD bball. Hopefully MI will stock up with some quality players and solid citizens- not the Woods' type.
For some, handling all the responsibilities of being a head coach is a challenge no matter how well they performed as assistants. I'm hoping MI will pick up from this "learning experience". He might take note of the video introducing our new football recruits which was "the best video I've ever seen from our athletic program" in any sport. Hats off to whomever put that piece together. Other than the smoke, it was a BCS type show. All types of social media will begin to draw in more talent and should be "put out their" for all our sports. Lest we forget, winning plays a huge part- especially winning in "style"- Brey began that process for us and then it just rather rapidly fell apart. We want it back !!!!

Pedroman- just read your post +1
Last edited by tenn hen on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
User avatar
tenn hen
 
Posts: 4319
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: TN.
UD Class: 1967

Re: POW

Postby Cluck U on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:33 am

Pedromon wrote:These three are enough to be excited about the future. MI can certainly recruit. One more good recruiting class and a transfer or two......and we are back on top.


Yup. The good thing about basketball is that you only need a handful of talented players to compete at this level. Just plug in some other role players and you can make some noise.

Allen can shoot. Daly has heart, smarts, and enough talent to be a solid cog in the machine. Anderson has the potential to be the third piece that can have us competing in the CAA. The rest is up to MI. Get a big man that can make a difference, and add some depth that allows our folks to get some rest, and we have a team that will be enjoyable to watch and that can compete.
2018...let's fix this thing!
User avatar
Cluck U
 
Posts: 5026
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Blue Hen Country!

Re: POW

Postby Blue4ever on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:13 pm

You guys are love struck...
All plays are ran for 3 pt shots that we dont make... Cushing 8 for 39 Daly 33 for 112 Bryant well... Walker Nope Mosley Nope
This team plays no defense we play 2 defenses a weak 2 3 and a slack off man to man without a hard hedge.
and by the way all the other teams in our conference sans Charleston have a lot of returning players as well.
We are dead last in the conference.
For crying out loud!!! Next year we are going to win 25 games :mrgreen:
Blue4ever
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:30 pm
UD Class: 0

Re: POW

Postby Pedromon on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:33 pm

I don't think anyone said we were gonna win 25 games next year....just that we have three solid pieces to build around. It is still going to require acquiring the necessary pieces to put around them....including some defensive stoppers and some outside shooting.
Rodney C-Men Class of 82

Image
Pedromon
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:07 am
Location: Coatesville, PA

Re: POW

Postby darthdave on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:01 pm

I am looking for at least .500 overall and in conf next year assuming healthy squad, no suspensions, etc.

While ROY award is great, it can be misleading due to a poor teams reliance on a freshman player. Not to take anything away from Daly last year or Allen/Anderson this year but it doesn't mean these guys will be all CAA their junior/senior year. MI needs more horses....better shooters. I think the future is promising but the Woods miss really hurts and the lack of recruits besides Horton this year is concerning. If Goss is a bust, that will be really bad.
darthdave
 
Posts: 2669
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:31 am
UD Class: 1993

Re: POW

Postby tenn hen on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:52 pm

tenn hen wrote:Ron, good post and without a doubt spot on. Anderson's loss has really shot(pun) down the enjoyment of our season, and the development of a "new" culture for UD bball. Hopefully MI will stock up with some quality players and solid citizens- not the Woods' type.
For some, handling all the responsibilities of being a head coach is a challenge no matter how well they performed as assistants. I'm hoping MI will pick up from this "learning experience". He might take note of the video introducing our new football recruits which was "the best video I've ever seen from our athletic program" in any sport. Hats off to whomever put that piece together. Other than the smoke, it was a BCS type show. All types of social media will begin to draw in more talent and should be "put out their" for all our sports. Lest we forget, winning plays a huge part- especially winning in "style"- Brey began that process for us and then it just rather rapidly fell apart. We want it back !!!!

Pedroman- just read your post +1


darthdave wrote:I am looking for at least .500 overall and in conf next year assuming healthy squad, no suspensions, etc.

While ROY award is great, it can be misleading due to a poor teams reliance on a freshman player. Not to take anything away from Daly last year or Allen/Anderson this year but it doesn't mean these guys will be all CAA their junior/senior year. MI needs more horses....better shooters. I think the future is promising but the Woods miss really hurts and the lack of recruits besides Horton this year is concerning. If Goss is a bust, that will be really bad.



DD- good to see you agree with my post(see above) and I would add a few more comments that I have mentioned at other times. First- I agree with you Blue4ever about our extremely weak defense- Sure it might have been more successful if all the pieces we started the season with were still "on court/on team", but MI needed to adjust what pieces he has available to at least put pressure on opponents 3s. I also agree that the limited talent on the court has pressured Allen to have to provide a huge part of the O. The shots early in the season I believe were at a higher %,esp Anderson. Daly has been a different player from the get go with the extra bulk. Add on the minutes these guys were forced to endure to give us a fighting chance to win games when Anderson went down and Woods clocked out, and the probability for accuracy and D dropped due to fatigue and lack of skill. Walker is quite the "letdown"- a guy with little bball IQ, talent, but a leaper who needs to be taught the game. If he has a chance to develop, he should play every minute the rest of the season till he fouls out. Rest some of the guys so they have a fighting chance to possibly win a game in the CAA tourney if Daly can come back healthy, in shape, and rested. If he's not at least truly safe to put on court, then sit him out so he'll have plenty of time to be fully 100% by next season.

Plus recruit one or two FORWARDS with skill, speed, and jumping ability. They don't need to be huge-just like the big men now, but much more talented. Our bigs give all they've got each game, but Carter is worn down and Skye gives what he's got.

MI has got to have learned from his experience here so far and must produce a truly competitive team next season that wins a good number of games. The team must be disciplined, hungry, accurate from the field, and have a more advanced set of O schemes. I have faith that MI understands and is hurting right now and realizes his recruiting choices in the forecourt( poor) better be vastly improved. You gotta have the horses to win!!!
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
User avatar
tenn hen
 
Posts: 4319
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: TN.
UD Class: 1967

Re: POW

Postby UDForever on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:59 am

Blue4ever wrote:You guys are love struck...
All plays are ran for 3 pt shots that we dont make... Cushing 8 for 39 Daly 33 for 112 Bryant well... Walker Nope Mosley Nope
This team plays no defense we play 2 defenses a weak 2 3 and a slack off man to man without a hard hedge.
and by the way all the other teams in our conference sans Charleston have a lot of returning players as well.
We are dead last in the conference.
For crying out loud!!! Next year we are going to win 25 games :mrgreen:


Monte?
UDForever
 
Posts: 3864
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:09 pm

Re: POW

Postby jd of de on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:03 pm

UDForever wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:You guys are love struck...
All plays are ran for 3 pt shots that we dont make... Cushing 8 for 39 Daly 33 for 112 Bryant well... Walker Nope Mosley Nope
This team plays no defense we play 2 defenses a weak 2 3 and a slack off man to man without a hard hedge.
and by the way all the other teams in our conference sans Charleston have a lot of returning players as well.
We are dead last in the conference.
For crying out loud!!! Next year we are going to win 25 games :mrgreen:


Monte?


MAN !!! How you know ?

Image
User avatar
jd of de
 
Posts: 4164
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:26 am
UD Class: 0


Return to Hen Hoops

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jd of de and 2 guests