Ebby Asamoah

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
darthdave
UD Class: 1993

Ebby Asamoah

Post by darthdave » Fri May 10, 2019 11:17 am

2019 6'4 wing committed to Delaware....1st team all state 3A in Maryland. Cameron Brown, one time WM commit and St Joes commit is also on 1st team

allteamball
UD Class: 1992

Re: Ebby Asamoah

Post by allteamball » Fri May 10, 2019 11:50 am

Thanks for heads-up on this. Seems to fit the mold of a MI type of player. He can shoot the rock! Saw where he scored 40 of his teams 80 points in one game.

Listed under "DIVISION ONE SLEEPERS" on the Prep Hoops for Maryland.

#43 | EBBY ASAMOAH JR. | 6’3 SF | MAGRUDER
"Asamoah is a long-limbed wing with a smooth stroke from the perimeter. Some of his selling points that go along with his shooting are athleticism, a high motor, and the ability to rebound out of his area."

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Fri May 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Why this fascination with the backcourt?

GO BIG!!!!
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

darthdave

Post by darthdave » Fri May 10, 2019 12:47 pm

Guards win Conf titles....we all want more big men but so do 340+ other D1 Schools. We have our 4 man in mutts for next 3 years plus 3 guys in Goss, painter and novakovich.

Curious why I’m not seeing any other offers. 6’4 athletic kid in the heart of basketball region. At the very least, you would see a Coppin st, Morgan st, etc.

NYCHENS2009
UD Class: 2009

Post by NYCHENS2009 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:57 pm

Don’t know the kids game but he played for an outstanding, maybe the best coach in Maryland, in Dan Harwood at Magruder. Harwood is a friend of Brey so there is a relationship there with MI and the staff. Magruder guys can always shoot it. I don’t mind the kid going late. Mike Ames was a late commit with no offers and on his way to philly u before Brey came in late. I can’t aay it’s a great get bc i haven’t seen the kid but I’m always in favor of good players from great programs.

allteamball

Post by allteamball » Fri May 10, 2019 1:43 pm

NYCHENS2009 wrote:Don’t know the kids game but he played for an outstanding, maybe the best coach in Maryland, in Dan Harwood at Magruder. Harwood is a friend of Brey so there is a relationship there with MI and the staff. Magruder guys can always shoot it. I don’t mind the kid going late. Mike Ames was a late commit with no offers and on his way to philly u before Brey came in late. I can’t aay it’s a great get bc i haven’t seen the kid but I’m always in favor of good players from great programs.
You are so right, NYCHENS2009. As a coach, you like to pick up players from great programs because you know they are being taught the right way with great fundamentals, especially shooting fundamentals. Coach Inglesby is certainly getting players from great programs, such as DeMatha, St. Anthony's, and now Magruder. Brey did the same thing.

As you, I don't know if this kid will be great, I just know he will have solid fundamentals coming in.

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Fri May 10, 2019 3:21 pm

My opinion but I still don't believe in this 4 guard thing. It only can succeed if your two gig men are truly outstanding like UVA's Hunter and Diakite( plus their big subs) and truly "outstanding guards" to complement them.. Purdue(size) gave UVA a close fight. I just researched the rosters and stats from the best teams in the ncaa tournament, and they speak for themselves about what rosters should look like to be competitive. Size really does matter!

# of years of eligibility remaining for our UD roster at present and why I believe we need a few quality bigs:

Our present roster is 5 bigs and none are in the "outstanding" level, and many are really untested(Painter(2-) or just backup material at best-Goss(1), Cushing(1) or rs freshmen(Novakovitch(4). I believe Mutts should be a nice solid quality starter for 3 years from what I've seen of his video.

Our backcourt we all know is loaded, esp it appears with 2 years of Darling who I hope will match his name! going along with Allen(2), Anderson(2),and Horton(3). Ruffo and Long appear not to be in the picture based on last season. Also McCoy joins us as our only recruit, and we've been after many other guys we couldn't sign.

Not trying to be negative nelly, but we need to think much bigger than the weak CAA schedule if we want to upgrade our program from years of devastation and mediocrity. I want us to be a member of the party :D

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Fri May 10, 2019 5:32 pm

When can Asamoah sign a LOI?

UDJoe

Post by UDJoe » Thu May 16, 2019 12:46 pm

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Fri May 17, 2019 4:29 am

BlueHenBill wrote:When can Asamoah sign a LOI?
The signing period ended May 15th and since MI tweeted it, Ebby has signed his NLI.

The early signing period for the next class is Nov 13 to Nov 20. The regular period is April 15, 2020 to May 20, 2020.

rooneyguy
UD Class: 1988

Post by rooneyguy » Fri May 17, 2019 8:22 am

By my count, MI still has one unfilled scholarship left for 19-20 and perhaps looking for a front court grad transfer to add depth there. On the other hand, maybe Painter, Goss, Mutts, Novakovich, Cushing and even Darling are enough?

UDJoe

Post by UDJoe » Fri May 17, 2019 8:33 am

[quote="rooneyguy"]By my count, MI still has one unfilled scholarship left for 19-20 and perhaps looking for a front court grad transfer to add depth there. On the other hand, maybe Painter, Goss, Mutts, Novakovich, Cushing and even Darling are enough?[/quote]

If Veretto was still on board, then yes. But with the possibility of injuries, I would think adding another body would be preferable. Darling may primarily be a backcourt player and the incoming backcourt frosh are redshirt candidates if all goes well. Just MHO.

darthdave

Post by darthdave » Fri May 17, 2019 9:16 am

I think MI has 2 scholarships that can be used this year.

Goss, Painter, Novakovich, Cushing, Mutts, Anderson, Darling, McCoy, Asamoah, Horton and Allen make 11? With Goss and Cushing as the lone seniors, a big man should be a priority for next years incoming class.

I am guessing if Novakovich is not ready to contribute this year, we may see a big man grad transfer with a role similar to Ryan Johnson last year if one is available. Depth and defense

allteamball

Post by allteamball » Fri May 17, 2019 10:17 am

darthdave wrote:I think MI has 2 scholarships that can be used this year.

Goss, Painter, Novakovich, Cushing, Mutts, Anderson, Darling, McCoy, Asamoah, Horton and Allen make 11? With Goss and Cushing as the lone seniors, a big man should be a priority for next years incoming class.

I am guessing if Novakovich is not ready to contribute this year, we may see a big man grad transfer with a role similar to Ryan Johnson last year if one is available. Depth and defense
I think a grad transfer big man would be perfect for this team. From my view of this roster, I think we need 1 more big body who can rebound and play defense. We don't need a big scorer, we have shooters and scorers on this squad. Ryan Johnson served the perfect role, we could use a similar contribution from another veteran grad this upcoming season.

Novakovich and Goss better be hitting the weight room, HARD. 10-15 lbs of muscle would do them and the team well.....imo

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Fri May 17, 2019 2:15 pm

I'm pleased to read that you all agree with my posts in reference to the need for another big man due to all the reasons I spelled out a number of times.

I'm hoping MI is capable of signing( they are available) an eligible guy possessing more height and talent than Johnson gave us. RJ certainly played a part in providing some needed minutes in the less than stellar forecourt we put on the floor last year(exception being Carter who held his own and unfortunately wore down as the season was winding down. He never complained and gave everything he could under the circumstances).