2019 Recruits

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Re: 2019 Recruits

Post by UD '01 grad » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:04 pm

I'm copying that form letter.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:15 am

tenn hen wrote:I've been wondering all this year if MI would attempt to lure Zack Kent(Middletown, Blair Academy- approx 6'10 1/2")rs freshmen. this year at Tennessee- played only miniscule minutes in 2 games after getting his knee scoped in Oct. Don't see him stepping into the lineup with those bigs already there. He lacks strength but practicing v Tenn players should have improved his game without a question and possesses decent shooting ability. I know we have several bigs(similar) already here, but this kid would have 3 years left if he transferred. It might depend on his academic happiness at Tenn as well as a desire to play locally. probably a reach! nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Tenn,

Owe you an apology. I misread your comment. I thought you had indicated this young had entered the transfer portal. My apologies.

Now that I have reread your post, It would be an NCAA violation for MI to attempt to "lure" this young man. Any contact with this young man prior to entering the transfer portal, would be just that...a violation. Now if this young man did enter the the transfer portal, I stick by all my previous comments on this thread.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:10 am

Pat,

Can't you just let sleeping dogs lie. :lol: :roll: :wink:

my apology for using the term "lure". I know the ncaa rules about recruiting= my bad. I figured that friends,parents, etc. might "suggest" he consider returning home and getting pt at UD. I also indicated "depth" when I meant a larger role than that based on my early comments. Like Painter, Kent has practiced against bigtime players for two years and has 3 years of eligibility remaining. The Tn. players returning(Williams??) are good with RS 4 Star DJ Burns and several others. Tn just picked up a 5 Star forward for the 2020 class recently to go along with 5 Star guard for 2019. I stick with my opinion. :wink: We could use this kid though I have heard nothing associated with him considering leaving Tn.

Pat, Frankly I was brainstorming all season watching this 4 star kid picking up splinters! He was scoped in Oct. so he might even get a fifth year based on medical concerns.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

SeanieWard
UD Class: 2007

Post by SeanieWard » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:45 pm

Nah'shon Hyland, Delaware's top high school recruit and Delaware's player of the Year, committed to VCU. He had UD on his list since the beginning but it came down to VCU and UConn

darthdave
UD Class: 1993

Post by darthdave » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:16 pm

I thought he was going to stay local and play for a Big 5 program. I know the kid had the tragedy with his family so was thinking he would stay close to home. Never thought we had a shot with what schools were recruting him. UCONN and VCU came on late....thought Temple or St Joes were finalist.

It will be intersting to watch his career because I dont think he is any better than Allen or Horton. Both Allen and Horton, IMO, can play A10 level easily.

SeanieWard
UD Class: 2007

Post by SeanieWard » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:17 pm

darth, I agree that Horton and Allen would excel at the A10 level. I do however, think Hyland is a big time player. His ability to create for others is what separates them from from those 2 in my opinion