All Time Blue Hens Women's Top 20

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Re: All Time Blue Hens Women's Top 20

Post by dovetail » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:46 pm

Btw Pat, it was Dover that crushed them.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:03 pm

dovetail wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:46 pm
I respectfully disagree, Dover I don't believe has ever won a title in hoops.

I am 100% sure it was the Purnell Ayers led Cape Henlopen Vikings!!! 83-48
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:32 pm

stay on the :lol: women's topic which you Pat wouldn't even watch due to your dislike for their sport as you have posted :wink:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

hens4life
UD Class: 0

Post by hens4life » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:50 pm

UDPat wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:03 pm
dovetail wrote:

Correct - Cape > Sallies in 1976.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:56 am

hens4life wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:50 pm
UDPat wrote:
dovetail wrote:

Correct - Cape > Sallies in 1976.

Please stay on topic, as I am finding out with ALL my post, A certain someone feels the need to analyze them and tell me where to post what to post and how to post. Yeah, I don't think so!!!!!!

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:19 am

thanks for the recognition :wink: :lol:

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:14 am

tenn hen wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:19 am
Not something I'd want to be recognized for!!!! Finally figured you out, you have nothing of worth to offer these boards.
Except............................................
1) Constant whining about wanting to hear from our AD about the state of football. You finally did! But............................that's not what you wanted, you wanted to hear only what you wanted from that and now you whine about what she said since it wasn't what you wanted..
2) You whined about 'How Unfair", it is for NDSU to host all those playoff games. Hello, They EARNED that right. Would it be unfair if UD was in that position? Didn't think so. Then told me I wouldn't want to go there to play them. Wrong again, I accept that challenge. Lesson learned here, I have 2 brass ones and you may half a one.
3) Goss?? Well you were a little off on that one. Has played way better than you thought, Give him some credit, it's deserved.
4) So the bottom line is this: I will post what I want, When I want , how I want and I'll do it on any board I want and you can't do a thing about it.

I'd rather you just put me on ignore and please keep comparing to Henzone, I have no issues with that.

But if this all got to you and I know it did!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I offer you one challenge, Let's Saturday Night Live Andy Kaufman it!!! One of us stays and one of us goes!!!

How??? I'll let the posters of Go Hens decide just like Andy Kaufman did many years ago. It didn't work out for him and it may not for me. But it's a chance I am willing to take.

Challenge accepted??

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:07 pm

UDPat wrote:
dovetail wrote:

Cape Henlopen ...back to back state titles in hoops 75 and 76

Purnell Ayers
John Bishop
and Allen were the big trio

just Crushed the upstate prepsters hard :D
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

UDFan57
UD Class: 1982

Post by UDFan57 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:46 pm

Sallies made the final in 1975 and got crushed by Cape. It was my senior year. We were a very small team. Starting guards Joey Gallagher, Joe Morales and Mike Lapenta were all 6 foot or smaller. Steve Plastic another senior starter was not much taller

Henway

Post by Henway » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:31 am

UDPat wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:14 am
tenn hen wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:19 am
Not something I'd want to be recognized for!!!! Finally figured you out, you have nothing of worth to offer these boards.
Except............................................
1) Constant whining about wanting to hear from our AD about the state of football. You finally did! But............................that's not what you wanted, you wanted to hear only what you wanted from that and now you whine about what she said since it wasn't what you wanted..
2) You whined about 'How Unfair", it is for NDSU to host all those playoff games. Hello, They EARNED that right. Would it be unfair if UD was in that position? Didn't think so. Then told me I wouldn't want to go there to play them. Wrong again, I accept that challenge. Lesson learned here, I have 2 brass ones and you may half a one.
3) Goss?? Well you were a little off on that one. Has played way better than you thought, Give him some credit, it's deserved.
4) So the bottom line is this: I will post what I want, When I want , how I want and I'll do it on any board I want and you can't do a thing about it.

I'd rather you just put me on ignore and please keep comparing to Henzone, I have no issues with that.

But if this all got to you and I know it did!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I offer you one challenge, Let's Saturday Night Live Andy Kaufman it!!! One of us stays and one of us goes!!!

How??? I'll let the posters of Go Hens decide just like Andy Kaufman did many years ago. It didn't work out for him and it may not for me. But it's a chance I am willing to take.

Challenge accepted??
I never ever thought I would be so happy with a tied vote :lol: :lol:

hens4life
UD Class: 0

Post by hens4life » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:40 am

HENJOHN wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:33 am
Igo?
2019 Inductee into DE Sports HOF:
Ann Marie “Annie” Igo Rizzo: Standout basketball player at St. Elizabeth HS and later at the University of Delaware, where she is a member of the UD Athletics Hall of Fame. She has gone on to enjoy a national-calibre career in the sports of basketball and tennis at the National Senior Olympics.

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:12 pm

Thanks. That's why I threw her name in there
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

ud16
UD Class: 1981

Post by ud16 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:26 pm

Sharon Wisler was a beast on the late 80's teams. She would deserve a spot on this list.

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:28 am

Pat- Man, you are a piece of work.

Seems like you released a lot of pent up anger with your extended blatant rant. Do you desire to be the schoolyard bully aka top dog on the gohens ??

I gather you weren't able to see my attempt at humor(mild sarcasm) about staying on topic. :? My mistake- no mas

I won't respond to your offensive statements which I could go down the line refuting.

I'll take the high road- one less traveled, but clearly more civil

carpe diem

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:35 am

tenn hen wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:28 am
Pat- Man, you are a piece of work.

Seems like you released a lot of pent up anger with your extended blatant rant. Do you desire to be the schoolyard bully aka top dog on the gohens ??

I gather you weren't able to see my attempt at humor(mild sarcasm) about staying on topic. :? My mistake- no mas

I won't respond to your offensive statements which I could go down the line refuting.

I'll take the high road- one less traveled, but clearly more civil

carpe diem
But all I speak is the truth, can you deny that?