CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
HenFromWA
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:50 pm
UD Class: 2019

CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Post by HenFromWA » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:50 pm

Any initial thoughts on tomorrow’s game? What key things need to happen for the Hens to win?

User avatar
Henny
Posts: 2844
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:02 pm
UD Class: 1985
Location: Newark De.

Re: CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Post by Henny » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:57 pm

Limit their guards and Mutts needs a big day like he had in Hempstead (or close).

Very tough matchup.
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

Udforever1
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:21 pm
UD Class: 1900

Re: CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Post by Udforever1 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:16 pm

Arrived in time to catch the second half of their game and Hofstra looked pretty good. We will need to defend like today but also have guys like Boiue and Pemberton have an off shooting night. It will be tough for sure.

darthdave
Posts: 3319
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:31 am
UD Class: 1993

Re: CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Post by darthdave » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:25 pm

We won at Hofstra dominating the paint....we got away from that in Newark. Hofstra plays 4 guards so need to pound the paint.

Hens79
Posts: 3646
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:23 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Post by Hens79 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:41 pm

darthdave wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:25 pm
We won at Hofstra dominating the paint....we got away from that in Newark. Hofstra plays 4 guards so need to pound the paint.
Yep. The boxscore needs to look more like the first game than the second. Need a big game from Painter and Mutts where the Hens have a big advantage in the paint. Hofstra’s guards are a handful on both ends of the court and the kind that really give the Hens trouble.

Hen90
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:42 am
UD Class: 1990

Re: CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Post by Hen90 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:33 am

darthdave wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:25 pm
We won at Hofstra dominating the paint....we got away from that in Newark. Hofstra plays 4 guards so need to pound the paint.
Spot on as usual Dave

User avatar
jd of de
Posts: 5710
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Re: CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Post by jd of de » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:06 am

the defense we saw Sunday + what darthdave said = championship game

User avatar
UD '01 grad
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:44 pm
UD Class: 2001

Re: CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Post by UD '01 grad » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:32 am


User avatar
jd of de
Posts: 5710
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Re: CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Post by jd of de » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:06 am

Historically Hofstra, Elon and Northeastern have loyal fan bases, but smaller fan bases at the tournament. My guess UD has the larger fan base staying in or traveling back and forth to DC. Noise advantage Hens.

Come on down and make it better!!

Note, check BestParking.com and prepay your game parking. Easy walk to the arena and there is a free shuttle as well.

User avatar
UD '01 grad
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:44 pm
UD Class: 2001

Re: CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Post by UD '01 grad » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:12 am

UD '01 grad wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:32 am
Hens open as a 4-point underdog

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-ba ... /matchups/
Hens were 7-point underdogs at Hofstra.

Game was pick'em in Newark.

User avatar
tenn hen
Posts: 5509
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:44 pm
UD Class: 1967
Location: TN.

Re: CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Post by tenn hen » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:42 am

darthdave wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:25 pm
We won at Hofstra dominating the paint....we got away from that in Newark. Hofstra plays 4 guards so need to pound the paint.
Hens79 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:41 pm
darthdave wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:25 pm
We won at Hofstra dominating the paint....we got away from that in Newark. Hofstra plays 4 guards so need to pound the paint.
Yep. The boxscore needs to look more like the first game than the second. Need a big game from Painter and Mutts where the Hens have a big advantage in the paint. Hofstra’s guards are a handful on both ends of the court and the kind that really give the Hens trouble.
guys -spot on evaluation - we can win this CAA if we maintain our poise. Hofstra is beatable and we can do it!
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

bluehenjeff
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:33 pm
UD Class: 1985

Re: CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Post by bluehenjeff » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:50 am

tenn hen wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:42 am
darthdave wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:25 pm
We won at Hofstra dominating the paint....we got away from that in Newark. Hofstra plays 4 guards so need to pound the paint.
Hens79 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:41 pm
darthdave wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:25 pm
We won at Hofstra dominating the paint....we got away from that in Newark. Hofstra plays 4 guards so need to pound the paint.
Yep. The boxscore needs to look more like the first game than the second. Need a big game from Painter and Mutts where the Hens have a big advantage in the paint. Hofstra’s guards are a handful on both ends of the court and the kind that really give the Hens trouble.
guys -spot on evaluation - we can win this CAA if we maintain our poise. Hofstra is beatable and we can do it!

I agree!!!!! Lets go Hens and bring a championship!!!!! Wish I could be there, but I am in SW Florida. I can't even watch the game. Comcast does not get CBS sports . I will have to listen to it. Better then nothing I guess. Lets go Blue!!!!!!!!!!

UDPat
Posts: 2259
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Post by UDPat » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:51 am

Will know in the next 15-30 minutes if I am making the ride down!!!!
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

HenFromWA
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:50 pm
UD Class: 2019

Re: CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Post by HenFromWA » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:14 am

Hens a 3-point underdog on 5Dimes

User avatar
Henway
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:22 pm

Re: CAA Tournament: UD vs. Hofstra

Post by Henway » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:38 am

bluehenjeff wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:50 am
tenn hen wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:42 am
darthdave wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:25 pm
We won at Hofstra dominating the paint....we got away from that in Newark. Hofstra plays 4 guards so need to pound the paint.
Hens79 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:41 pm


Yep. The boxscore needs to look more like the first game than the second. Need a big game from Painter and Mutts where the Hens have a big advantage in the paint. Hofstra’s guards are a handful on both ends of the court and the kind that really give the Hens trouble.
guys -spot on evaluation - we can win this CAA if we maintain our poise. Hofstra is beatable and we can do it!

I agree!!!!! Lets go Hens and bring a championship!!!!! Wish I could be there, but I am in SW Florida. I can't even watch the game. Comcast does not get CBS sports . I will have to listen to it. Better then nothing I guess. Lets go Blue!!!!!!!!!!
BluehenJeff; I live in Englewood, FL and CBSSn is on Comcast 393. Now for some reason, you can't stream CBSsn on comcast for your phone, but check it out. I already have it set to record!! Go Hens!!

Post Reply