Darling

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Info Hound

Re: Darling

Post by Info Hound » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:44 pm

From Andy Walter in the Delaware State News:

• Delaware basketball standout Nate Darling has been one of the Blue Hen athletes back on campus for voluntary workouts. But the senior guard still hasn’t withdrawn his name from the NBA Draft eligibility list.

The deadline for players to withdraw from the draft is 10 days after the NBA Draft Combine or Aug. 3, whichever comes first.

darthdave
UD Class: 1993

Post by darthdave » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:34 pm

Info Hound wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:44 pm

• Delaware basketball standout Nate Darling has been one of the Blue Hen athletes back on campus for voluntary workouts. But the senior guard still hasn’t withdrawn his name from the NBA Draft eligibility list.

The deadline for players to withdraw from the draft is 10 days after the NBA Draft Combine or Aug. 3, whichever comes first.
Its great that Darling is testing the waters and still has his name in the draft but this has to put MI in a tough spot. Losing Mutts and wondering if Darling will be back.

The unfortunate reality is that there is a possibility we will not even see Darling play his senior year due to covid. Even if the NCAA grants every play an extra year, if season is cancelled, would Darling even hang around as I am assuming he graduates this year?

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:04 am

darthdave wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:34 pm
Info Hound wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:44 pm

Its great that Darling is testing the waters and still has his name in the draft but this has to put MI in a tough spot. Losing Mutts and wondering if Darling will be back.

The unfortunate reality is that there is a possibility we will not even see Darling play his senior year due to covid. Even if the NCAA grants every play an extra year, if season is cancelled, would Darling even hang around as I am assuming he graduates this year?
It's obvious He has aspirations to continue playing after UD. After already sitting out a red shirt year, I doubt He would return. Would not blame him one bit.

Does He dream to play in the NBA? Of course
At the least, Can He play high level overseas? No doubt

Actions speak louder than words, He's on campus. I would have to believe if he was on someone's radar, He'd be doing whatever would be needed to improve that stock. Being at UD would NOT be that.

I wouldn't pull my name out until the last minute, crazy things happen.

If there is a season....have 98% confidence...Nate will suit up for the Hens!!!!!!

Right now a season is a big if???? :( :(
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:15 am

UDPat wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:04 am

Common in college football right now, the term "conference schedule only" may well be applied to college basketball was well.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:19 am

jd of de wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:15 am
UDPat wrote:

Common in college football right now, the term "conference schedule only" may well be applied to college basketball was well.
JD,

I just posted on one of our football threads: I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed/upset college football fans come September. :( :(

Hope I am wrong.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:47 am

UDPat wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:19 am
jd of de wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:15 am
UDPat wrote:

JD,

I just posted on one of our football threads: I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed/upset college football fans come September. :( :(

Hope I am wrong.
Pat,
I hope you are wrong as well but I doubt you are.
JD

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:50 pm

Many of us have been saying since late March it is a Longshot for any College Football this fall. No surprise.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

darthdave
UD Class: 1993

Post by darthdave » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:06 pm

https://twitter.com/andrew__slater/stat ... 93824?s=21

NBA draft combine top ballot getters. Knight and Riller listed from CAA. Darling is not listed nor is Ryan Daly