Mens Basketball recruiting 21'

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
darthdave
UD Class: 1993

Mens Basketball recruiting 21'

Post by darthdave » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:18 am

We have a transfer thread so thought a thread dedicated to 21' recruits would be good. Like I mentioned in the Curtis thread, there are no known offers out to anyone in the class of 21' but I do see our staff has started following 2 class of 21' guys and in turn, both are following the staff.

Jalen Miller - 6'3 pg from Bishop Walsh in DC.
Offers: Towson, Lehigh, Loyola, Stony Brook, Bryant, Elon
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jalen-miller-md

Noah Barnett - 6'10 C from Australia. No verbal commits profile but 2019 highlight reel shows a big with some skill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khR0XKIHXbI
Last edited by darthdave on Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

darthdave

Re: Mens Basketball recruiting 21'

Post by darthdave » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:50 pm

Another guy to keep an eye on is David Taylor 6'8 sf from Mt Zion prep

https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-basketb ... d-stewart9

darthdave

Post by darthdave » Mon May 04, 2020 11:07 pm

Corey Evans, a national recurring anayst, made an interesting comment about commitments. He said 37 of the top 150 have already committed to schools where as only 9 had committed at this point last year. Feels players are making earlier commitments due to uncertainty of future.

We have 4 open schollies to use, 5 if MI carries the last one over.

I am seeing offers made by other CAA schools every day with some of them having 20+ offers out and others with 5 or 6.

Expecting to see a few offers roll in here soon.

Udforever1
UD Class: 1900

Post by Udforever1 » Tue May 05, 2020 9:15 am

darthdave wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Corey Evans, a national recurring anayst, made an interesting comment about commitments. He said 37 of the top 150 have already committed to schools where as only 9 had committed at this point last year. Feels players are making earlier commitments due to uncertainty of future.

We have 4 open schollies to use, 5 if MI carries the last one over.

I am seeing offers made by other CAA schools every day with some of them having 20+ offers out and others with 5 or 6.

Expecting to see a few offers roll in here soon.
Similar to football and Rocco, MI is going to have to switch his recruiting style up. MI mentioned in his coach’s corner that he doesn’t like making offers without seeing the player in person, but that is highly unlikely to happen this summer. A shame because as has been mentioned, this is an extremely important recruiting year.

I don’t expect MI to throw around offers like Towson and Hofstra do, but he will have to make an adjustment this year for sure.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Tue May 05, 2020 9:33 am

I actually laugh when I see Towson and Hofstra throwing offers out there like it's gum.

And for the record, if 80% of those kids called them today to commit, I promise you the school would put the brakes on it.

Most of it is to just stay involved with a certain kid and if he blows up or improves, then they feel they may have in.

Would I like to see a few offers out there? Of course.

Unlike the dopes on other boards who feel they are entitled to information, I don't, because if my past experience is correct, their recruiting board is 2-3 years out. And I believe much more head way for 20/21 has been made than has made available to us.

I have zero worries
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

darthdave

Post by darthdave » Sat May 23, 2020 1:24 am

I read where Rhadir Hicks, a 6’0 pg from Malvern Prep took a visit to Penn and Delaware. Has offers from Towson and GW but not seeing a UD offer. Guessing this was an unofficial visit and if he is a serious candidate will be back this summer/early fall for an official.

Hicks Malvern Prep team beat West Chester East and Andrew Carr, 69-59 back in January, one of the few losses for WC East last year.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/rahdir-hicks

Udforever1

Post by Udforever1 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:44 am

darthdave wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:24 am
I read where Rhadir Hicks, a 6’0 pg from Malvern Prep took a visit to Penn and Delaware. Has offers from Towson and GW but not seeing a UD offer. Guessing this was an unofficial visit and if he is a serious candidate will be back this summer/early fall for an official.

Hicks Malvern Prep team beat West Chester East and Andrew Carr, 69-59 back in January, one of the few losses for WC East last year.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/rahdir-hicks
Only junior on this first team all area. Carr was POY. Known as a terrific defender and floor general.

https://papreplive.com/2020/04/06/dln-a ... -the-year/

darthdave

Post by darthdave » Fri May 29, 2020 12:54 pm

I saw where the NCAA has moved back the recruiting dead period. It was end of May, now its end of July. No in person visits, no official or unofficial campus visits. I have been seeing a number of recruits having zoom recruiting calls with coaches.

I know Ingelsby mentioned on the video call that he prefers to evaluate in person before making offers. I wonder if he and the staff will adjust that philosophy....with 5 schollies to give, its an important class. We are the only school in the CAA without an offer out to the class of 21'. I am not worried as is still early and unlike other coaches, I think an offer made by this staff is a serious offer.

UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Post by UDHoops » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:04 pm

Found a couple other '21s the coaching staff follows, both in the Baltimore area:
- Jared Billups (McDonogh) 6'4" SG
Offers: Loyola, Bryant, Mount St. Mary's, UMass Lowell, Bucknell, Brown
- D'Angelo Stines (Mount St. Joe's) 6'2" PG
Offers: Howard, Mount St. Mary's, Quinnipiac

Doesn't mean too much, just worth bookmarking

darthdave

Post by darthdave » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:04 pm

Bryant's Grasso made 136 scholarship offers in one day. :shock:

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/06/16/why ... n-one-day/

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:19 pm

totally ludicrous and insane. :shock: :? :(
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Post by UDHoops » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:32 am

UDHoops wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:04 pm
Found a couple other '21s the coaching staff follows, both in the Baltimore area:
- Jared Billups (McDonogh) 6'4" SG
Offers: Loyola, Bryant, Mount St. Mary's, UMass Lowell, Bucknell, Brown
- D'Angelo Stines (Mount St. Joe's) 6'2" PG
Offers: Howard, Mount St. Mary's, Quinnipiac

Doesn't mean too much, just worth bookmarking
No offers yet, but some confirmed interest in Stines. Our staff likes to work in person, that’s for sure.

https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/stat ... 91905?s=21

darthdave

Post by darthdave » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:44 pm

I noticed MI has started following JucoAdvocate on twitter, a juco recruiting site. I also have seen the staff start to follow a couple of jucos like the korean player, Jaemin Yang. McCrae started following 6'9 Langston Wilson, another juco. Guy has serious hops and length. Could be nothing but it does have me wondering what the stance is on jucos. I thought I read in the past on here that jucos were not an option for recruting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4HZssg_V34

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:50 pm

darthdave wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:44 pm
I noticed MI has started following JucoAdvocate on twitter, a juco recruiting site. I also have seen the staff start to follow a couple of jucos like the korean player, Jaemin Yang. McCrae started following 6'9 Langston Wilson, another juco. Guy has serious hops and length. Could be nothing but it does have me wondering what the stance is on jucos. I thought I read in the past on here that jucos were not an option for recruting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4HZssg_V34
In this new transfer environment there has to be a lot of upside to juco’s who can make the academic adjustment.

Udforever1

Post by Udforever1 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:41 pm

Expressing interest in Mohamed Toure, according to the well run UD recruiting site. 6’5 G/F from DC with an offer from Army.