Mens Basketball recruiting 21'

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
jd of de

Re: Mens Basketball recruiting 21'

Post by jd of de » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:39 pm

darthdave wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:18 pm
Don’t know why I’m responding but Bill...come on, other offers will be made. There is also an incoming freshman who plays point as well.
From the film I’ve seen he plays the point VERY WELL!

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:58 pm

darthdave wrote:
Don’t know why I’m responding but Bill...come on, other offers will be made. There is also an incoming freshman who plays point as well.
Are other offers made only after it becomes apparent that the prospects offered at posiiton(s) of need won't be coming to UD? Are you referring to Arletti? If so, I was going by Verbal Commits which lists him as a SG (2).

Udforever1
UD Class: 1900

Post by Udforever1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:53 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:58 pm
darthdave wrote:
Are other offers made only after it becomes apparent that the prospects offered at posiiton(s) of need won't be coming to UD? Are you referring to Arletti? If so, I was going by Verbal Commits which lists him as a SG (2).
Bill, were all the football offers made the same day?

A$$KickinChicken
UD Class: 1995

Post by A$$KickinChicken » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:11 pm

According to Durugoron’s twitter he will commit soon and He lists his top 8 schools. UD not one of them.
Udforever1 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:39 pm
First offers have been made.

Sean Durugordon 6’7 Wing, 4 star out of Queens, NY. Not sure we have a shot with these offers. Though also not sure why we’d offer this late if we didn’t feel like we had somewhat of a chance, or in hopes that if things don’t work out he transfers.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/sean-durugordon

Nick Marshall 6’4 SG from Maryland.

Offers: Penn, UNCW, Dartmouth, Lehigh, Rice, Fairfield, Howard

http://verbalcommits.com/players/nick-marshall-md

Jaylen Stinson 6’0 PG from Archbishop Wood.

Offers from: Drexel, JMU, Southern Illinois, Hofstra, Robert Morris, Del State, Rider, St Peters, Iona, Stony Brook, Binghamton, Siena, Mississippi Valley St.
It is a Blue Hen world, and we are just living in it!!!

darthdave
UD Class: 1993

Post by darthdave » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:28 pm

Hofstra made the list along with VCU. The other 6 are HM schools

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:51 pm

Udforever1 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:53 pm
BlueHenBill wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:58 pm
darthdave wrote:
Bill, were all the football offers made the same day?
UDforever1, No they weren't, but many were made per day in a relatively short period of time and FB has many more players and recruits than Basketball. UD Men's Basketball was way later than the overwhelming majorityof Div I programs to make their first offers for the Class arriving in Sep 2021 and made far fewer offers than most. One would think that they had plenty of time to offer as insurance more than 1 PG and multiple offers for the 4/5 for which which no one (assuming Ocehfu is eligible immeidiately) currently on the roster will be here in 2021-2022 (barring covid-19 related extensions of eligibility that are accepted by the players) and certainly not in 2022-2023 (if covid-19 eligibility extensions are offered & accepted).

darthdave

Post by darthdave » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:59 pm

Udforever1 wrote:

Sean Durugordon 6’7 Wing, 4 star out of Queens, NY. Not sure we have a shot with these offers. Though also not sure why we’d offer this late if we didn’t feel like we had somewhat of a chance, or in hopes that if things don’t work out he transfers.

Offers from: Drexel, JMU, Southern Illinois, Hofstra, Robert Morris, Del State, Rider, St Peters, Iona, Stony Brook, Binghamton, Siena, Mississippi Valley St.
We were already out of the running but Durugordon to Missouri

darthdave

Post by darthdave » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:17 am

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... S%20Sports.

NCAA council proposing season start on Nov 25th. Will go to vote on 9/16.

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:10 pm

darthdave wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:17 am
https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... S%20Sports.

NCAA council proposing season start on Nov 25th. Will go to vote on 9/16.
But will UD and CAA go along with that? I doubt it with a virtually empty campus and in-class instruction on hold until at least Jan 2021 (or in UD's case start of Spring Semester in Feb?). Also, will fans be allowed to attemd and, if so, will many do so?

UDJoe

Post by UDJoe » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:22 pm

Jaylen Stinson --2021 guard, recent Delaware offer, has committed to CAA rival James Madison

darthdave

Post by darthdave » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:06 pm

I hope I’m wrong but I think the staff is going to **** the bed on this recruiting class. MI is a big proponent of live evaluations and it appears due to covid, they did not make adjustments and are now playing catch-up. The 4 offers made are late to the game offers with each player having numerous offers much earlier.

The positive is they have Curtis plus Arletti and another year with Gardner as well as McCoy and Asamoah. The issue IMO is big men with Painter gone, all we have is Novakovich and Carr and no big men offers

darthdave

Post by darthdave » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:48 pm

Udforever1 wrote:

A few weeks old but update on Marshall

Tre Jackson
@knowledge_hoops
·
Aug 15
2021 Guard Nick Marshall tells me that Yale, Pennsylvania, Dartmouth, UNCW, and Delaware are prioritizing him.

He also tells me that Stanford and Xavier have contacted him recently.

Hen90
UD Class: 1990

Post by Hen90 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:00 pm

He looks very crafty in the lane and in transition. Nice range too. I like that his video led with the 3.9 GPA - likely a good kid with his head screwed on straight.

Hope the interest from Stanford and Xavier isn't too strong...

darthdave

Post by darthdave » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:43 pm

A few updates on CAA recruiting:

- Looks like UAB transfer Gueye is no longer listed on their roster. I thought this was a pretty good get for Towson so not sure what happened.

2021 commits
Towson 2 w/ 1 spot left
Charleston 3 w/ 1 spot left
Drexel 1 w/ 1 spot left
Elon 2 w/ 0 spots left
JMU 2 w/ 1 spot left
UNCW 1 w/ 2 spots left
Wm 3 w/ 0 spots left
Delaware 0 with 6 spots left
NU 0 w/ 1 spot left
Hofstra 0 w/ 4 spots left

UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Post by UDHoops » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:06 pm

Udforever1 wrote:

Marshall commits to Loyola-MD. Wow - Guessing just too late on the process on him and Stinson