Bruiser Flint

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UDJoe

Bruiser Flint

Post by UDJoe » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:21 am

Bruiser joining Kentucky BB staff.

darthdave
UD Class: 1993

Re: Bruiser Flint

Post by darthdave » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:50 am

hah..good ole Bruiser. Will probably make at least $300k.

Mr brothers and I ran into him years ago at McFadden's (bar in Phillies stadium) and razzing him about Ledsomes block on Elegar to end their season in Richmond. He was not a good sport to say the least. His staff was there and acted like bouncers towards us.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:53 am

darthdave wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:50 am

Mr brothers and I ran into him years ago at McFadden's (bar in Phillies stadium) and razzing him about Ledsomes block on Elegar to end their season in Richmond. He was not a good sport to say the least. His staff was there and acted like bouncers towards us.
Wow,

I guess I'm a little surprised to hear, I had one encounter with Bruiser after the game down here where Hagins got away with goal tending(IMHO) in OT and the Hens hung on and won. I found Bruiser the coach(lunatic) to be quite different from Bruiser the person. He was very gracious, soft spoken and very enjoyable to converse with. Each day is different.

Still think the biggest screw job in CAA hoops history was Drexel NOT getting an at large bid in 2012. Won at Syracuse and Louisville, 29-7(16-2) with an RPI in the mid 30's. It kind of appears that they have never recovered from that either.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:16 pm

For 300K,

He would be taking a pay cut, made just over that at Indiana.

He is going back to work with Calipari which I'm sure had some influence in the decision.

darthdave
UD Class: 1993

Post by darthdave » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:00 pm

UDPat wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:53 am
darthdave wrote:

Wow,

I guess I'm a little surprised to hear, I had one encounter with Bruiser after the game down here where Hagins got away with goal tending(IMHO) in OT and the Hens hung on and won. I found Bruiser the coach(lunatic) to be quite different from Bruiser the person. He was very gracious, soft spoken and very enjoyable to converse with. Each day is different.

Still think the biggest screw job in CAA hoops history was Drexel NOT getting an at large bid in 2012. Won at Syracuse and Louisville, 29-7(16-2) with an RPI in the mid 30's. It kind of appears that they have never recovered from that either.
Easy...everyone likes you Pat

finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:20 pm

UDPat wrote:
darthdave wrote:

Wow,

I believe you’re thinking about 2006-07, Pat??? That season Drexel beat #23 Syracuse, Nova, Temple, St Joe's, and Creighton in non-conference, but lost to VCU in the CAA semi-finals to finish the regular season at 23 and 8 (they then lost to NC State in the NIT first round), That was back in the heyday of the CAA when we were routinely sending 2 or 3 teams to the NCAA Tournament, with 2 Final Four teams in the span of 5 years in GMU and VCU. Kind of a shame when you think about how competitive that conference could have been if everyone stayed. At least as good as the A-10 is today, if not better.

They did go 29 and 7 in 2011-12, but didn’t have any marquee wins that season and had to settle for a nice little post-season run in the NIT. The year prior (2010-11) they did beat #20 Louisville, but got trounced by Syracuse. They finished that season 21 and 10, but no post-season play. To me, the true travesty was that ‘06-‘07 season when they beat Syracuse, Nova, Temple, SJU and Creighton.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:12 am

finpxz1 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:20 pm
UDPat wrote:
darthdave wrote:

Wow,

I believe you’re thinking about 2006-07, Pat??? That season Drexel beat #23 Syracuse, Nova, Temple, St Joe's, and Creighton in non-conference, but lost to VCU in the CAA semi-finals to finish the regular season at 23 and 8 (they then lost to NC State in the NIT first round), That was back in the heyday of the CAA when we were routinely sending 2 or 3 teams to the NCAA Tournament, with 2 Final Four teams in the span of 5 years in GMU and VCU. Kind of a shame when you think about how competitive that conference could have been if everyone stayed. At least as good as the A-10 is today, if not better.

They did go 29 and 7 in 2011-12, but didn’t have any marquee wins that season and had to settle for a nice little post-season run in the NIT. The year prior (2010-11) they did beat #20 Louisville, but got trounced by Syracuse. They finished that season 21 and 10, but no post-season play. To me, the true travesty was that ‘06-‘07 season when they beat Syracuse, Nova, Temple, SJU and Creighton.
I must have gotten the years confused, thanks for clarifying. They were still robbed!!!

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:40 am

darthdave wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:00 pm
UDPat wrote:
darthdave wrote:

Wow,

Easy...everyone likes you Pat
Really, on what planet????? :shock: :shock:

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:48 am

Anyone that meets you Pat is going to like you buddy. Stay safe.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019